Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Happy 2009!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 07 2009, 07:10

Better late than never, we wish you all the best for 2009! It might be the year where some learn to consume more reasonably - not speaking of Mike Oldfield's music ;)

Many thanks again for all the contributions: photos of instruments, tickets, and of course the forums. One could point out that several topics are quite Oldfieldesque, quoting other topics and being repetitive in a non boring way.
Of course, thanks to Mike for Music of the Spheres and to Universal for inviting us to the premiere in Bilbao.

A big technical project for tubular.net, which might se the light in 2009, is to organize all the content in a database, this would mean that we'll be able for example to easily cross link sections, like seeing which album used which guitar, or to let you know which section has been updated since you last visited the site. The other advantage would be to allow the database to be called from something else than the tubular.net website, such as a 'Mike Oldfield Reference' iPhone app for example, a non English website, etc.
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 07 2009, 07:36

And Happy Christmas to you all  :D  :D

Thanks for keeping everything running to enable us to have our debates and arguments about which guitars are on which album etc.,!!!   I look forward to that one!  It will sound like the piltdown man at double speed!

Cheers Guys

Ray (and Fin and Erika and Toran)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2009, 07:54

You learn the most amazing things here!
As for site development, ever considered a Mike Oldfield wiki?

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2009, 08:48

Been here just under a year now (i think i joined on my birthday so it will be a year on the 20th of this month)and i've learnt tons of stuff and had some really good discussions....and some pointless but fun ones.Cheese dunked in beer anyone?

Hopefully the coming year will bring more of the same (not the cheese/beer combo though) :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2009, 13:37

I like that tickets section. I'm not sure why, since I don't collect tickets, and I've never seen a MO concert, and probably never will. But it's still neat.

Best wishes, to all, for 2009. :)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2009, 19:58

how do I add a scan of a ticket to that ticket page?

simple question from a simple guy

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2009, 04:54

olrac, on the right side column, it says to send additions to the webmaster - there's an email address provided. So, maybe you can just attach your image file to an email. Did you get to see MO live?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2009, 07:25

Quote (Sweetpea @ Jan. 18 2009, 09:54)
Did you get to see MO live?

Thanks for that - I must be going blind in my old age.

As for seeing him live - yep I surely have. And I'll add scans of the few bits and bobs to that live listing.

Here's an example -

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2009, 20:11

And a happy 2009 to all Olivier. Keep those pics and interviews coming. Definitely worth watching! I have started playing my acoustic again_ hadn't picked it up for years. Now i am trying to fingerpick like Mike, it sounds nicer but it really is hard to learn. Too many blisters on my fingers, but fun too
Cheers,
Deb
Profile PM 
8 replies since Jan. 07 2009, 07:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net