Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Guitar God Monthly, created by Dirk Star< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 29 2008, 16:23

Thanks to Dirk's clever creation, I've been having fun playing with "Guitar God Monthly". As I don't want to disrupt the discussion in "Many people don't realise MO is a Guitarist", I'll post here. Hopefully  we'll see work from Dirk and others, as well.

The August 2058 issue...

In pseudo-chronological order:

January 2058
February 2058
March 2058
April 2058
May 2058
June 2058
July 2058
August 2058
September 2058 (the one that started it all, by Dirk Star)
October2058
November 2058
December 2058
January 2059

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2008, 19:28

that is so blinking fan-tastic Sweetpea.

*off to play now*

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2008, 00:44

Thanks, olracUK. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

October 2058...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2008, 00:44

November 2058...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2008, 06:32

Well I did kind of promise I would`nt do anymore.But seen as how this thing has got it`s own little thread now I guess I could be tempted..  :p Nice one Sweetpea...

Here`s the links for my first couple of efforts..

September 2058

December 2058
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2008, 18:08

:laugh: Great mogazine covers.

Oh please Great MO Epiphany,
come about now, already!

Unfold like mighty Supernova,
Shine like the bright Aurora.

Let them see things in Clear Light,
Exposed to truths in the Blue Night.

Spread To France and even Sirius,
no one must be left oblivious.

Bring us Peace and Fast Guitars,
beer, cheese and Ambient Guitars.

Make the name Oldfield ring a BELL,
or else our life is ruddy hell.

If (and when) you shall come,
it's mogazines for everyone!

...ok, whatever. But still, that's what I want, a mega E and and a subscription to Guitar God Monthly.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2008, 18:13

:laugh:
Great!
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2008, 11:21

came across the picture that inspired Trevor Key with the Tubular Bells album cover.
URL=http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=castleyr8.png][/URL]
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2008, 17:51

@ Silver Negus, that's Magritte, of course - one of my all-time favs in the 'fiigurative arts' field. This is a better version of that painting, though. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2008, 03:36

Hey I know that place - it is just along the road from where i live in scotland.   It's called Dunnottar castle.

http://images.google.com/images?....t=title

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2008, 17:28

Quote (Dirk Star @ Sep. 30 2008, 10:32)
Well I did kind of promise I would`nt do anymore.But seen as how this thing has got it`s own little thread now I guess I could be tempted..  :p Nice one Sweetpea...

Here`s the links for my first couple of efforts..

September 2058

December 2058

Yep I can see magazines costing £199.99 in 2058 :O the way inflation's been going lately.
I'm just wondering why the Royal Mint have never invented a 99 pence coin , as everything seems to be so many £'s.99.

It's a pity Mike won't be around in 2058, to see that he is amongst the greats of the guitar players, for me Mike and Brian May are the greatest guitarists ever    :)  :D .  How I'd look forward to Mike and Brian make an album together :cool:  FRICKING AWESOME!!! Are you reading this Mike or Brian?

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2008, 19:39

@ Ray: well, it certainly looks like Dunnottar Castle, but maybe Magritte never saw it. As the title of his painting says, what he painted is a castle in the Pyrenees - the Cathar castle in Montségur [by the way, that town is a song title as well...:D]. You can see it here. Sure, the castle in the panting is much more similar to that Scottish castle in your homeland than to this. But a book I have claims that Magritte went to Montségur for inspiration...

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2008, 08:55

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 01 2008, 17:51)
@ Silver Negus, that's Magritte, of course - one of my all-time favs in the 'fiigurative arts' field. This is a better version of that painting, though. :)

Thanks UGO, it didnt work for me, when I tried putting a good image of the picture in the post.  One of the sites wouldn't let me copy and paste somehow.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2008, 11:02

I'm missing a female-oriented version of Guitar God Monthly...I remember an interview with Mike for the spanish version of Elle magazine where he said about posing for pictures and people asking for him to wear certain clothes,"I am a musician,not a model" :laugh:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2008, 02:42

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Oct. 08 2008, 11:02)
I'm missing a female-oriented version of Guitar God Monthly...I remember an interview with Mike for the spanish version of Elle magazine where he said about posing for pictures and people asking for him to wear certain clothes,"I am a musician,not a model" :laugh:

So nude photos aren't enough for you, Tati? You want Mike to model the 2058 Ermenegildo Zegna line, as well?

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 12 2008, 11:33

Mike doesn't need to be naked to be a sexy and gorgeous bloke  ;)
Pity that his fanbase is 95% men...and I don't know if you feel a fish out of the water...since we're not too many here,Sweetpea!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Oct. 12 2008, 11:43

Quote (Sweetpea @ Oct. 11 2008, 04:42)
You want Mike to model the 2058 Ermenegildo Zegna line, as well?

The 2058 Armani line...on the NNOTP concerts,a few German fans who had the chance to visit Mike's dressing room in Munich discovered that the suit he used for the tour was an Armani...ha ha  :D

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2008, 02:29

Nice covers. Good work Sweetpea and Dirk Star. I like them a lot.  :D
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2008, 14:05

July 2058

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2008, 03:19

:D Sondela Jones,..great stuff.And just who in the world are these six people?..Surely they should be rounded up and seperated from normal Oldfieldian society immediatly.It`s all well and good saying that they`ve got a crack team of boffins and headshrinkers working on it.But who knows where these things could lead to if they`re not kept under close control?Don`t forget,it was only a few decades ago when people were still buying music composed by other people..Makes one shudder to think imo.
Profile PM 
57 replies since Sep. 29 2008, 16:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net