Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Guitar God Monthly, created by Dirk Star< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 21 2008, 03:28

Mike makes the Mullet mod?Oooh i shudder at the thought :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2008, 04:28

Well looking at that old picture of Mike on the cover there,has made me realise that my own haistyle is`nt too far away from that at the moment.So if I can just keep it around this length now, or maybe a tad more "mulletty" for another 40 plus years or so..Things will be looking good for me on the old Octogenearan style front in the future it has to be said...Plus it`ll save me having to bother my arse getting a haircut and stuff.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2008, 04:36

Quote (Dirk Star @ Oct. 21 2008, 03:19)
Don`t forget,it was only a few decades ago when people were still buying music composed by other people..

Yes, I think of that time as "The Dark Days".

BTW, I've never before known anyone to plan forty years in advance. Putting off a haircut for that long takes procrastination to a whole new level!

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2008, 04:41

Oh I could procastinate for England I could,if I was`nt too busy dilly dallying over other stuff.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2008, 05:47

June 2058

(I got a "The file you requested to upload was too big"...)

The June 2058 issue of 'Guitar God Monthly'.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2008, 08:29

I haven't had a haircut for the best part of 4 years but that's more to do with bloody mindedness regarding the mid 30's looming than procrastination!
 Regarding the June 2058 edition of Guitar God Monthly,brillaint as usual.Must learn the trick of restringing mid song with my pinky.Mind you i must also learn how to play The Sailors Hornpipe.Damn thing's had me foxed for years.I can play rhythm guitar to it but the melody gets me everytime!And i love the bit about "other unimportant stuff about other guitarists in the back".Have you been reading my mind?I rate Mike above any other player on the planet and not just because i happen to love his music but because he's such a clever sod and loads of his stuff is damned hard work.Oddly enough i was perusing this months addition of Guitarist and there was an interview with (don't laugh)McFly and i was amazed to find one of them namechecking Mike and saying he was obsessed with TB as a kid and commenting on his playing style (his exact words were "his f*cking wierd technique").Funny old world innit?! :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2008, 08:48

Great work, once again!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2008, 06:20

May 2058
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2008, 17:20

Ha! "I'm not just a guitar player you know!". Wonderful stuff, Dirk. I think this 'guitar power' should be looked into. Imagine making a cross-country roadtrip on "Incantations Part III" or charging your cellphone with "Celt". Mike would be running the world - literally!  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2008, 17:26

Caveman, since I don't play guitar I can't tell what is "damned hard work" with any confidence, so it's nice to see a player acknowledge a tricky piece.

Holger, I'm glad you're enjoying them. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 03:03

April 2058

(PS: I stole the concept of "audioterior decorating" from Alan D.)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2008, 05:32

March 2058

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2008, 06:09

"They speak Sheba-ese in heaven" heh heh..Kind of makes you wonder what language they use in hell?.. "a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding.  a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding..baw! baw"!  :p

I kind of got to wondering what an ad-campaign for Guitar God Monthly set in 2058 would be like!? And then I got a bit carried away I guess...

guitar future 1

guitar future 2

guitar future 3

guitar future 4

guitar future 5

guitar future 6

guitar future 7

guitar future 8
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2008, 14:26

Hehe. Good work! My favorite is the Spock one though I guess I can relate more to Altaira.

And I'm probably being a bit thick, but where is  "a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding.  a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding..baw! baw!" from?

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2008, 03:45

[quote=Sweetpea,Nov. 05 2008, 19:26][/quote]
And I'm probably being a bit thick, but where is  "a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding.  a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding..baw! baw!" from?

It was supposed to be a referance to this guy All hail Beelzebub our lord and master.. ding. ding..Actualy just looking at the Crazy Frog info on wikipedia and the USA was one of the few countries that did`nt buy that Axel F monstrosity by the truckload.Even your fine Canadian cousins were sending that thing rocketing up the hit parade.So yeah a big thumbs up for Americans,..They may never have took to Mike Oldfield in a big way,but you`ve got to give em` credit where credit`s due no doubt about it.And no mention of Italy there either,or any of the Scandanavian countries (despite the fact that he comes from Sweden)..Aaaah Ugo and Harmono the two great bastions of taste and sensibility on the tubular board..But then was that ever in any doubt anyway?     :p  ;)

Anyway you`ve just had me scurrying onto google trying to save face by finding out who the hell Altaira was.I never actualy twigged that image was from Forbidden Planet,although I knew it was from some piece of 50`s sci-fi cheesecake.I mean Forbidden Planet to me always sounded like it should have been set in some garden of eden type place or something.But as usual we`re in something resembling Death Valley Arizona and clothed in hugely inappropriate bacofoil attire.And set in the year 2203 apparently,way beyond 2058 I guess.But then Gerry Anderson`s UFO series was actualy set in the far far distant and crazy fashion sense future of 1980???..I mean even as a kid I can remember watching that thing and thinking..."No way Gerry,.No way,you`ve only got about 7/8 years to go here,it ain`t gonna` happen"...But man when it came to the fashion sense of the 80`s,I guess he was`nt too far away after all.And the original Star Trek series of course filmed in the late 60`s,but actualy set in about 1951 with mini-skirts.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 08:05

Excellent.I see Mike Oldfield's Single is going to be re-issued.Told you so!!!!I do like the spock one.Funny story relating to this.Noel Redding from the JH Experience once met Mr Nimoy and had a rather nice smoke with him.Looking at your pic made me think of this.And the one with Jabba The Hutt kicked arse.

By the way Crazy Frog deseves to end up as lunch at a french resteraunt.I HATE THAT F*CK**G FROG!!!!!!!!!

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 12:16

Ah! Now, I recall seeing "Crazy Frog" on my friend's computer. I was simultaneously amused and repulsed. And I felt like a fuddy-duddy thinking 'Man, I wish someone had put pants on that thing'.

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 21:37

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 07 2008, 17:16)
Ah! Now, I recall seeing "Crazy Frog" on my friend's computer. I was simultaneously amused and repulsed. And I felt like a fuddy-duddy thinking 'Man, I wish someone had put pants on that thing'.

:D Yeah I think that`s just a natural reaction,I mean does it really really have to be there at all that`s I wanna` know?...The whole bloody Frog I mean though.

@Caveman,the thought of Noel and old Leonard sharing a reefer there conjours up quite an image in itself.I remember years ago watching a big reel of outakes from the original Star Trek series and Nimoy just comes over really hilarious on them.Just goofing around and acting the fool etc.It kind of takes you aback, when you`re that used to seeing him so straight faced all the time.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 23:13

You guys... great stuff. MO's fans are something else.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 02:59

February 2058

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
57 replies since Sep. 29 2008, 16:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net