[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Guitar God Monthly, created by Dirk Star< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
moonchildhippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 17:50

Quote (Dirk Star @ Nov. 05 2008, 10:09)
"They speak Sheba-ese in heaven" heh heh..Kind of makes you wonder what language they use in hell?.. "a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding.  a-ring-ding-da-ding-ding..baw! baw"!  :p

I kind of got to wondering what an ad-campaign for Guitar God Monthly set in 2058 would be like!? And then I got a bit carried away I guess...

guitar future 1

That one made me think of The Stig from Top Gear, as he's another alien from outer space, maybe from a different time, and judging by the music he listens to in the cars whilst driving round the TG test track he'd engoy listening to Mike
:cool: .

Unless of course it's really is the case that I am The Stig, in which case she'd be female ;) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 15:38

January 2058

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 20:28

Ha! Galadriel is The Stig,the truth is finaly out in the open once and for all.Now I know the real reason why you nearly crashed the car that time whilst listening to Amarok.Quite obviously you were out testing some motor at breakneck speeds round the Top Gear circuit,and lost it a little bit on one of the bends.I guess given that you`ve got that whole image of driver hyper-coolness to maintain etc.I can understand you now for wanting to blame Mike`s music for one tiny little lapse of concentration there.Ah well I`ll forgive you this time just don`t go making a habit of it..I mean I once fell asleep whilst listening to Tres Lunas,but it`d been a long day you know I was really tired and everything..I don`t know,poor old Mike takes the flak for everything..            :p  ;)

@ Sweetpea,fantastic work once again..I was actualy thinking there that maybe New Age would`nt sound as crappy somehow in 2058.But I guess given that it`s already been around now since about 1980 whatever,I don`t suppose that`s ever gonna` happen.And why is it still called "New" age anyway?..And why is it that all of my favourite artists who somehow fall into this New Age bracket in one form or another,all seem to really hate the term New Age?I mean does anybody anywhere actualy like it?..You know even the people that like New Age if you like?..There`s people out there in the world right here and now making up signs and labels with the words New Age written on them.And then they`re more as likely looking back at their handywork and thinking to themselves..."Ugh..New Age...shiver"Is there some kind of conspiracy going on to make people feel bad about themselves or something?...Ok Ok I admit it,..I like New Age..Just kill me now!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 01:56

Thank you, Dirk. Disregarding the questionable suitability of the label, I've enjoyed a lot of New Age music, too: Andreas Vollenweider, Jai Uttal, Enya, Patrick O'Hearn, and David Sylvian, as well as Sailboat Journey (from the 'Nature's Relaxing Sounds' series) which is "Enhanced with Celtic Harp & Pan Flute". That last is very nice to fall asleep to and much better than Peaceful Ocean Surf (from 'Gentle Persuasion's Sounds of Nature' series) whose screeching gulls and foghorns were not very peaceful, IMO. That's probably more than was needed to be said about New Age, but I feel better for sharing.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 07:13

See I think Enya is a case in point,because she brings out these albums every other Christmas or something.So you kind of know that she`s aiming them at a certain demograph if you like.And then musicaly and technologicaly speaking I don`t think she has really advanced at all from the day she started out.But all that said I still really enjoy listening to her work.Imo I don`t think she has been bettered at the kind of stuff she does..

The foghorn quote made me laugh there.Funnily enough there`s a track on the 2nd This Mortal Coil album that features a foghorn.That then kind of fades into this very atmospheric synthesised wash thing,which invariably starts to send me off to sleep I must admit.So maybe foghorns do work on some people I guess.Oddly enough the track after that  sounds very much like a Mike Oldfield type song from the same 80`s period..Filigree & Shadow This Mortal Coil what a cracking album.I`m gonna` listen to it now in fact..Err it`s not New Age though..
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2008, 05:11

I guess I can sort of see how a foghorn could appeal. I've sometimes been entranced with train whistling, after all. I just don't associate such things with relaxation, let alone sleeping!

--------------
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2008, 07:02

I'd love to add those 2 for the St. Valentine's Day article:

- ask your hubby/boyfriend to dress him up with the Celtic costume Mike wore on Voyager cover.

- strike some nude poses up like Mike did for Incantations.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2008, 05:16

I expect those might be in the top ten, Tati.

January 2059

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 08:16

Five Miles Out:The Musical..Changeling:The Movie..Voyager:The Action Figure..  :laugh: Total genius!

I don`t know why but this thread never registers for some reason when I click on "New Posts"?..I just happened to see it there while I was rummaging around.I need to get a Voyager action figure "for my kids" so I can put him in some kind of toy supergroup here..Barbie on the bv`s there looking gorgeous.Mr Potato Head on keyboards of course..G.I. Joe/Action man on bass.And Godzilla on the drums..Totally awesome,you guys rock!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2008, 23:39

Quote (Dirk Star @ Nov. 20 2008, 08:16)
I don`t know why but this thread never registers for some reason when I click on "New Posts"?

I've noticed that happens, here, sometimes. No worries, though. It's okay if I end up mostly amusing myself with these things. Of course, I keep a close watch for new issues from you, Dirk. I'm kinda surprised that nobody else has run with this idea.

I have to credit The Big BellEnd. His "I'm still waiting for the Voyager action figure" comment has always been a favorite of mine. Apparently, he wasn't just casually waiting - the "still" modifier indicating the true depth of his deprivation. At least, I'm pretty sure it was TBBE; I couldn't find it when I went searching just now.

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2008, 05:29

So sorry! That quote was actually a Holger-ism. My apologies to Holger and TBBE.

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 20:02

Quote (Sweetpea @ Sep. 29 2008, 16:23)
Thanks to Dirk's clever creation, I've been having fun playing with "Guitar God Monthly". As I don't want to disrupt the discussion in "Many people don't realise MO is a Guitarist

What a spunk! he knew how to heat up a stadium! i feel a hot flush coming on cheers deb
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 20:12

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Oct. 12 2008, 11:33)
Mike doesn't need to be naked to be a sexy and gorgeous bloke  ;) Pity that his fanbase is 95% men...and I don't know if you feel a fish out of the water...since we're not too many here,Sweetpea!

We three tati and sweetpea! i have even picked up my axe and thrash out chords emulating our rock god mike   deb seward
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2009, 01:17

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Nov. 17 2008, 07:02)
I'd love to add those 2 for the St. Valentine's Day article: - ask your hubby/boyfriend to dress him up with the Celtic costume Mike wore on Voyager cover. - strike some nude poses up like Mike did for Incantations.

Mmm, that would be nice, mike looked like a norse god, take me to your longship!  deb
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2009, 15:11

Longship...  LOL.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2009, 02:58

Wouldn't that be a Celt(ic) god.Ok it's early.NURSE MORE COFFEE!!!!! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: May 05 2009, 15:56

Can't understand how I haven't read through all this thread before - it's totally priceless!! :laugh: :cool:

I just wish I could actually get GGM. Do I have to wait until 2058?  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: May 05 2009, 16:04

Quote (Deb seward @ Feb. 12 2009, 01:12)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Oct. 12 2008, 11:33)
Mike doesn't need to be naked to be a sexy and gorgeous bloke  ;) Pity that his fanbase is 95% men...and I don't know if you feel a fish out of the water...since we're not too many here,Sweetpea!

We three tati and sweetpea! i have even picked up my axe and thrash out chords emulating our rock god mike   deb seward

Make that four then.   :)  :cool: (Not that I'm one for playing air guitar, mind)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
57 replies since Sep. 29 2008, 16:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net