Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Guilty 2013 official video on YouTube< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 12 2013, 05:31

earMUSIC has released the official video for Guilty 2013 (you might remember it from a while ago as Guilty 2011!) on YouTube
It features a shortened version of the Guilty Electrofunk Mix from Tubular Beats.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 12 2013, 06:19

It starts of ok but its waaayyyyy too dubstep-y in the second half. Shame really since Guilty is a track that could lend itself to a really good remix. One of the better nu-disco DJ's like Gigamesh  would have done a brilliant job with it I'm sure.

Maybe the full length version is better.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2013, 06:49

There's also the non-Electrofunk version on the album.

Itunes has a lot longer samples ..... and am getting more excited having heard them .... some more than others though ... UK fans will have to click on a non-UK store to hear them e.g German.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2013, 08:50

Quote (TOBY @ Jan. 12 2013, 06:19)
It starts of ok but its waaayyyyy too dubstep-y in the second half. Shame really since Guilty is a track that could lend itself to a really good remix. One of the better nu-disco DJ's like Gigamesh  would have done a brilliant job with it I'm sure.

Maybe the full length version is better.

But it's a good remix. It's fine to listen to it in stereo as the former version was mono. A Nu-Disco would be perfect and I'd prefer Linstrom or Prins Thomas or both :-)

For me this could be the best track on Tubular Beats. Maybe North Star will be quite good, too. But the rest, especially Moonlight Shadow and To France sound really horrible on Amazon.
By the way the video is very good.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 12 2013, 19:12

hehe.. this is quite funny.. good vibes for sure.. I like it!! lovely mix.. and these girls  :cool:   :p  cant complain!!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 13 2013, 10:48

Haha I just listened to it, and it is awesome! oops sorry, awful xD

I don't mind if they tried to make it sound more like modern pop techno, but if that was what they tried, then they failed miserably.

It is incongruous you see. The remix just doesn't make sense and the parts don't connect with each other.  

The beginning I mean what the hell? That's plain horrible and a-musical.

but the worst part is definitely the drop. That's such an anticlimax and doesn't fit with the build.

Anyways that's my opinion.

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2013, 08:58

I won't say anything good or bad about it. I will just say what always made me love Mike's music is its distinctiveness, its originality, its pureness and a sense of innocence and spirituality.

A love for nature and a deepness in its feelings and emotions.

Nothing to do with mafia guys counting money, gorgeous ladies riding on golf cars, or frivolic scenes like those. Seems something wrong went on, or Mike just stopped to give some easy entertainment before his next great work.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 16 2013, 13:13

Maybe the whole thing is just a play on the title. Guilty pleasures, guilty to do a cheap remix, etc. So I vote for the " Rock " album to contain a track title "Great". I always have problems when they give concrete titles or do concrete videos for music - see to what it can lead to. I find it works much better the other way around: a filmmaker picks an existing music as a soundtrack, or a composer watches the movie and builds the music based on the movie. But videos inspired by the music almost never work for me at all.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2013, 21:35

I for one am glad for an official remix album.  The proof that music is eternal is when it can be adapted to just about any style and still come off good or great.  The fact that his music has been given this update means that the world is still paying attention.  Once you get a new generation hooked on the remixes, one can introduce them to the original masterpieces.  We are dealing with a completely different music audience, these days.  I love the remix and the video.  Whom ever stated Guilty pleasures as the basis for the video, is correct.  For those who wish his music to stay eternally stagnant and remain always faithful to the original, will more often than not, be disappointed.  Mike will give us what he wants to give us.  We as a group can B&C until we turn blue, but in the end, our opinion is just our own.  

I for one, wish Mike to produce whatever he is feeling.  As a musician myself, it is not up to others what I put out.  Nor does their opinion matter, in my creative process.  I can't speak for Mike, but I would make a guess that he works in a similar manner.  He appreciates the input, but in the end, it's his decision.  

So far, my favorite remix is North Star and Ommadawn.  I'm very curious about TB2 and the rest of LTBL.  Living in the States, mine will most likely arrive from Amazon.de later than the rest of you lot.  I'm psyched!  I'm friends with many DJ's in town, connected to all the publishing companies.  I'll make sure it's legal before doing so, but I can't wait to play this at my local club and dance to it! :)
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2013, 13:33

@Christopher; You make some great points there, I whole-heartedly agree with everything you've said, so great to see someone else singing from the same hymn sheet as me! Perhaps it's a musicians perspective? When I was a more active musician I was always being told I should pursue this or that direction but I was stubborn to the last, I could only ever follow my own heart which is important because if you stop listening it stops talking.

I think one of the reasons Mike has such dedicated followers is that he kept his music fresh, always moving, not stagnating. I love the new mix of Guilty maybe more than the original which has been with me for some 30 years or so!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2013, 18:38

This was something of a surprise to see...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tubular-beats-mike-oldfield/25504305
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2013, 18:49

After finishing a Google search for the album, it is all over the place in America.  It is being released by FYE and Amazon.com, among other outlets.  Cancelled my order in Germany and ordered it here in America... cheaper.  Order your copy NOW!  Do it NOW!  You know you want to!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 23 2013, 12:36

Yeah...I saw it on amazon - usa with a release date of 5 Feb. I am looking forward to it as a fun workout CD! I didn't  find it on iTunes yet (but came across a couple of perplexing TB singles! ).

Ed. to add..... It is 37 cents cheaper through B & N than amazon. ;)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2013, 12:29

Quote (Inkanta @ Jan. 23 2013, 12:36)
Ed. to add..... It is 37 cents cheaper through B & N than amazon. ;)

Inkanta, remember Amazon doesn't charge sales tax for US residents nor shipping (if you have Prime or an order over 25).  B&N charges for both.  It's odd it hasn't shown up on iTunes yet.  Even Spotify has it awaiting it's release date for listen.

Tubular Beats, a new rock album, fortieth anniversary of TB, possibly more reissues.  I'd say it's going to be an Oldfield kinda year... GREAT! :)
Profile PM 
13 replies since Jan. 12 2013, 05:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net