Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Guilty, Mike's sleeve notes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2012, 07:16

I got the idea to go to New York and seek out some of the best session musicians that I could find and write a track specifically with them in mind. My friend Clodagh Simmons was friendly with the composer Philip Glass. She introduced me to his engineer, Kurt Munkasci, who booked the musicians for the session. I wrote down a chord chart for Guilty and gave that to them and away we went. I remember bringing the tape back to England and playing it to Simon Draper in his office and he said "it's a hit". I thought he must have been wrong as it was an instrumental track, but he was correct. We had to go on Top of the Pops and Guilty was a hit single.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2012, 07:19

We have already encountered this bit in the liner notes for, I think, the deluxe version of Platinum. This may mean that later tracks in the compilation will give some previews of upcoming Deluxe editions. The liner notes section for Five Miles Out contains a description of the legendary aeroplane incident which also appears in the deluxe QE2 booklet, for instance.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Aug. 21 2012, 07:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net