Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Guidelines< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 14 2005, 22:46

Some of you might already have noticed that a new guidelines link has appeared at the top of the forum pages here.

It's the result of quite a long time of careful discussion, and we actually hope that there's nothing new to you in there - our aim is just to condense down all of our existing unwritten guidelines into something that can actually be read and referred to by everyone. That said, please do take a look at the new guidelines, just in case your idea of things was different to ours.

We do reserve the right to make changes to them, but will of course let you know when we do, and will make every effort to ensure that any changes we make are fair.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 15 2005, 05:03

These seem good to me, very fair etc. Of course they're mostly common sense, but that is all that should be needed in most cases.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2005, 07:31

Good to see you are doing such great things on your day-release scheme from the mad house Korg  :D

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2005, 15:35

These all seem very sensible and I'm sure that 99,99% of all forum members will follow them with no complaints at all.

I wish to thank the administrative group of Tubular.net for all the work they put into this marvelous site.

Thanks, Erik :)

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2005, 17:06

I like the suggestion that you only post pictures and not links in the Gallery because they bug me. Very fair guidelines, sorry about past detours.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2005, 06:18

Quote (TubularBelle @ Nov. 15 2005, 22:06)
I like the suggestion that you only post pictures and not links in the Gallery because they bug me.

The original purpose of that part of the forum was to feed the gallery on the main page - it seemed a better idea to let people upload things themselves than have any middle men in the chain. We've generally not been too harsh about enforcing that, though we do give prods every now and then...
We'll probably rethink things a bit when we come to restructure the forum, maybe we'll add something like the discussion forum we have in the fan music section, where people can post links to their artwork sites and things like that.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2005, 08:31

This may be technically impossible/difficult (like my suggestions that the PM inbox have a size limit instead of them fading away when too old)

How about a user privilege level that allows the some users to add images without having to wait for approval? The image section sometimes looks strange with the missing images.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2005, 10:26

Quote (hiawatha @ Nov. 16 2005, 13:31)
The image section sometimes looks strange with the missing images.

That sounds like an unrelated problem - it's just a basic system where all the messages have to be approved first, whether they have images in them or not. The comments should therefore also come in sequence.

There is a slight glitch in the system where the thumbnail image in the post doesn't appear unless the relevant gallery page is accessed, which is one thing that causes images to not appear. I think I've just uncovered another quirk that's preventing an image from appearing, I'll investigate that a bit more...
Anyway, any posts which have a blank space where an image should be are like that because of quirks in the system at one end or the other, rather than the moderation system. It's something we can look at sorting out (just one to add to the pile of 'things to sort out' post-it notes!).

It's not a system terribly well suited to topics like the 'Members Photographs' one, as really it would be better if those pictures each appeared with their own caption - if you look at the Miscellaneous gallery, they all just appear titled 'Members Photographs' so anyone who's not seen the related forum won't know what they are. We'll probably shuffle things around a bit so that kind of topic is better served. We only really ever envisaged the Gallery forum as having a few pictures and a couple comments in each topic, so we're now rethinking things so they better suit the way it's being used.

Still, to answer the question completely, it's a possibility - maybe not right now (we'll have to see how it could be achieved), but perhaps one to bear in mind if/when we change software.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 23 2010, 08:46

Quick note to mention that the guidelines have been updated and posted.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
tubularbelleII Offline

Posted: June 09 2011, 09:37

[B] :cool: Just wanted to say hello to everyone and especially to Tubular Tos for becoming a new friend/fan on "TBII" and "TBIII" last night, to my delight...When I told him I was honoured he had become a friend/fan or whatever you wanna call it, he was so humble.....What he does not know is that his reputation proceeds him... I loved the TUBULARIAN AWARDS...thought they were hilarious BUT yet remember him as winning 3rd place for "Best Original Song Award" for "Winter Is Here"....ya see Tubular Tos, I did remember you!! For a newbie like me (who it only took almost 3 months to learn how to post a video on Mike's pages) I ain't too dumb, huh?! LOL!! Speaking of posting videos.....why couldn't I post to TBII or TBIII yesterday? Have there been updates? Well, I will figure it out evidentually....I hope!! (DUH.....)
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 13 2011, 22:01

Quote (tubularbelleII @ June 10 2011, 01:37)
I loved the TUBULARIAN AWARDS...thought they were hilarious

I didn't find them funny at all  ;)

But they are coming back  :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 13 2011, 22:23

Quote (Milamber @ June 13 2011, 22:01)
Quote (tubularbelleII @ June 10 2011, 01:37)
I loved the TUBULARIAN AWARDS...thought they were hilarious

I didn't find them funny at all  ;)

But they are coming back  :D

I hope Pinchy gets involved  :laugh:
Profile PM 
11 replies since Nov. 14 2005, 22:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net