Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Group Project 2, Striking again while the iron is hot!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Crises Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 08:11

I know you are probably sick of all these collaborations but heck i'm still hungry for more :)

Anyways wouldn't it be cool if we did another cover? ;) i was thinking Crises (3:49 - 5:44) or Hergest Ridge (4:04 - 6:33)

:) how bout it guys :)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 08:23

count me in...
as long as I can get midi data and don't have to play live...
whatever you decide for count me in ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 09:32

Hergest Ridge would be a good one to pick something from, considering that its 30th anniversary is coming up next year.

I can't say how much assistance I can give with this one (I'm still recovering from the last! ), but I'll be watching, and I'll do what I can.

Here's to more successful collaboration!
Profile PM 
Crises Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 10:34

Edit: I think i'm going to be bold and decide on Crises and take up 1st guitar this time ;) sorry guys get in while you can there are less instruments in this piece... :)

Musicians:

Electric Guitar 1: Crises
Electric Guitar 2: Tommes
Bass Guitar: Dbruce
Synth 1: BOOster
Synth 2: Mark 1
Drum Programming: Sir Mustapha

Update - all positions have been filled, sorry if you didn't get a chance to partake in this collaboration, there will be many more in future and we will make sure you have first priority next time.

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 10:59

Volunteering! I can do a synth part or drum programming.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 23:54

I think I'll let this one be. Give other aspiring guitarists a chance :). And this isn't my favourite part of Crises, anyway. Not that I don't like it. It's great. Just my least favourite. Fire away, people!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 05:57

What do you think would be needed to do Drum Programming? Do you think a good MIDI gear would be enough? I think I would be able to do that. I have a little fancy for drums...

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
tommes Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 06:40

Well, if I can help you somehow let me know.
I personally think it is very important to do things like
that before, is has an especially magic.

greetings, Tommes
Profile PM 
Crises Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 07:49

Tommes - being a great guitar player i'd like you to play the other guitar part...a player of your skill would be able to do this no problem

Sir Mustapha - MIDI is good...especially for the drums, thats what i'm looking for. Just copy the drum patter from the original as best you can and send the Data over to me.

Mark 1 - I'll give you the second synth part ;)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 08:32

just to say I am waiting for the midi data of synth 1 :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 09:03

Are we working from an existing midi version? Otherwise I'll need some tempo indications for recording it myself.
Profile PM 
Crises Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 10:29

Yes i'm working on editing one of the Midi files that exist on this site which is incorrect for some of the parts but i'm just using it to create a base of the project...Edited Midi will be available soon :)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 10:35

'K, Crises, I think I got your message. Will the drum track on MIDI be enough, or would you like me to record it into MP3?

Oh yeah, I'll be waiting for the correct tempo, too. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Profile PM WEB 
c_haese Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 12:08

Um, am I misunderstanding what section of Crises you guys are talking about? Up until 5'44, the drum part is really trivial as far as I can hear. I think this project would be more interesting if the section went up to 7'48, going right up to, but not including the Watcher/Tower part. This would include the Crises, Crises vocals and more interesting drums.

Would that be too ambitious? (I have an electronic drum set with an Alesis D4 drum module, and I'd be happy to try making a recording of the drum part on it, by the way. We'd only need to find somebody secure enough to shout the vocals. :) )

Cheers,

Carsten Haese.
Profile PM 
Crises Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 12:31

I'm still debating on doing up to 5'44 or the end of the 'Crises Crises' part. Perhaps if i can find a vocalist ?

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 12:42

ask ktran or we can just use a voice synth...

or I could make another Caveman out of it :D

--------------
Profile PM 
c_haese Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 13:40

Quote (Crises @ Nov. 05 2003, 12:31)
I'm still debating on doing up to 5'44 or the end of the 'Crises Crises' part. Perhaps if i can find a vocalist ?

I guess the answer also depends on what the other musicians say, but I'd love to see this project be extended to the end of the 'Crises, Crises' part.

A vocalist shouldn't be that hard to find, and we don't need a vocalist right away to get started. If worse comes to worst, almost anybody who's not entirely tone deaf could do that part with some digital enhancements (although I'd prefer if we tried not to go "caveman" unless we really, really must :)
Profile PM 
Crises Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 13:47

Yes, i'll think about...Unfortunatly i won't be able to fully start this for another week or two...seems the midi on the site is pretty innacurate for this section so i'm going to have to remake most of it myself...sorry guys..I also have to balance this with school work amongst other things...but right now i'm dedicated to this project even though we're at a rough start

Unless someone else has a different midi?

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2003, 17:21

Ok, so because I'm working for a while rather than being a proper student I've not been keeping up as much as I should be. I only just heard the incredible version of Finale you all did- nice work guys!

The eagle-eyed amongst you may have already spotted this: some of the stuff I've been working on was released this week but you'll have to look quite far down the credits to see my name. I'm reasonably sure that at least some of you will have it though...

I can't really guarantee my time to play anything on this new project although I would really love to, but it would be good if I could have a go at mixing it sometime if that is at all possible
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2003, 05:30

I've been thinking about the "vocals/no vocals" issue yesterday, too. Mind you, I'm a Shower Singer (bathrooms have great acoustics :) ), but if I was to sing the vocals, I don't know if I have enough power in my vocal chords. I have the range, I can get in tune, but in the end, I feel it comes out way too whiny... but if we stop and think, Mike does sound whiny on Crises, and that's the point! :D

And, obviously, if I were to sing in the project, I'd be embarrassed as hell.

About making the MIDI. Would it help if I set up the tempo and lay down the drums? I think we would, at least, have the correct rhythm. I don't know how innacurate the MIDI in question is, but I can try giving a hand in remaking it. I wouldn't have the nerve to go and do the entire thing, though, because I have my own projects and all. But what I can say in the moment is, well, let there be drums.

What do you say?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
105 replies since Nov. 04 2003, 08:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net