Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Getting 'Logged Out'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 08 2008, 02:06

Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch, but since I've been on this evening - about fifteen minutes - I keep getting automatically logged out. Is this happening to anyone else?

ETA

Okay, looks like even when I'm logged out, I'm still on the "guests and robots" list. I'm frightened.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 08 2008, 02:16

Did you run something like "window washer" that erased your cookies?

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 08 2008, 04:47

Quote (Sweetpea @ April 08 2008, 06:06)
Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch, but since I've been on this evening - about fifteen minutes - I keep getting automatically logged out. Is this happening to anyone else?

The Tubular.net cookie may be corrupted. Try deleting the Tubular.net cookie and then log on again so that a new one is created. I betcha it works.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 08 2008, 14:03

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I hadn't run a "window washer", Scatterplot, but now I'm all hyped for some spring cleaning.

Alan, I hadn't gotten around to trying your cookie deletion idea, but since I haven't been forcibly kicked off today, I assume the problem has solved itself.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 08 2008, 15:18

Well, I was ejected from my login too, today, so either
a) someone has got it in for both of us; or
b) there's a lot of corruptcookieitis about; or
c) Tubular.net is attempting to do some spring cleaning of its own.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 09 2008, 01:06

a) *looks suspiciously at The Caveman*
b) I've already got hives - I really don't want another condition.
c) Could it be that Tubular.net sees us as no better than old coffee grounds and tater skins to be tossed out and added to the compost?

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 09 2008, 02:04

Actually now that I'm thinkin' 'bout it, running window washer might have fixed it. I run it at home several times a week. Every time, I have to log in again. At work I can't do that, so I just stay logged in 24/7.  :cool:

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 17 2008, 14:25

Oops. I forgot to get back here with an update on the situation. Since the problem occurred again, I went ahead and deleted all my cookies, which solved the issue Alan, thanks. Of course, that was before realizing there's a handy "delete cookies set by this board" thing right at the bottom of the main page. So now I'll know exactly what to do if this happens again.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 17 2008, 17:04

Quote (Sweetpea @ April 17 2008, 18:25)
there's a handy "delete cookies set by this board" thing right at the bottom of the main page.

I've never noticed that! So, when you deleted your cookies I suppose you lost the other 'useful' ones too? Sorry about that!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 01:02

Quote (Alan D @ April 17 2008, 17:04)
I've never noticed that! So, when you deleted your cookies I suppose you lost the other 'useful' ones too? Sorry about that!

No worries. 'Twas a small price to - hold on... yes. Yes, it was horrible! I think you should send me real cookies to make up for it. I'm partial to Samoas.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 05:37

Quote (Sweetpea @ April 18 2008, 05:02)
I'm partial to Samoas.

Well, looking at them, I'm not surprised.

However, just as I was reaching for the brown paper and string, I checked my advice earlier in this thread, and it reads: "Try deleting the Tubular.net cookie". The cookie, observe, not cookies. I'm afraid our company policy advises that recompense can only be provided if our instructions are followed exactly.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 05:57

Quote (Alan D @ April 18 2008, 05:37)
I'm afraid our company policy...

First passionate embraces, and now cookies... the fine print foils things every time.

--------------
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: April 18 2008, 07:30

Quote (Scatterplot @ April 08 2008, 02:16)
Did you run something like "window washer" that erased your cookies?

I used a screen wipe on my monitor and that seemed ok. I'm still logged on.

Meanwhile the cookies are going down very nicely. In fact rather too nicely.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 18 2008, 07:40

Quote (Alan D @ April 18 2008, 04:37)
However, just as I was reaching for the brown paper and string, I checked my advice earlier in this thread, and it reads: "Try deleting the Tubular.net cookie". The cookie, observe, not cookies. I'm afraid our company policy advises that recompense can only be provided if our instructions are followed exactly.

Mmmm (as in yum) but no one can del-eat just one. :) Somoas, yum. ATM I could go for some chocolate chip cookies in the shape of a tubular bell (heavens, they're tasty! ) -- a weekend project?
:D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 08:00

Hi.
Ref to sweatpea's looking suspiciously at me on the 9th.Why would i have it in for anyone?I 'm somewhat confused.Perfectly normal really :D
Btw sorry all for my outburst yesterday.I see it's all been removed.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 12:36

Quote (Inkanta @ April 18 2008, 11:40)
Mmmm (as in yum) but no one can del-eat just one. :) Somoas, yum. ATM I could go for some chocolate chip cookies in the shape of a tubular bell (heavens, they're tasty! ) -- a weekend project?
:D

It does seem a pity that something so dull as a computer cookie should share the same name as something so desirable as a real, munchable cookie, of whatever variety. And as a side issue: if tracking cookies were edible, people would have far fewer objections to them.

[Why do I talk so much nonsense? And how do I stop?]
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 18:14

Quote (The Caveman @ April 18 2008, 08:00)
Why would i have it in for anyone?I 'm somewhat confused.

Caveman, I thought there might have been a teensy chance that you harbored a slight grudge over the near-fatal punning incident. I should have known better! Oh, and I must've missed your "outburst", so - as far as I'm concerned - you're still a comfy, brown, suede ottoman to me.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 21 2008, 04:44

Grudge?It ,ay have left some deep mental scars thta's all. :laugh:
The outburst was me getting all love and peace about a near row that started.The hairy hippy gets heavy. :)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2008, 03:48

Quote (Inkanta @ April 18 2008, 07:40)
ATM I could go for some chocolate chip cookies in the shape of a tubular bell (heavens, they're tasty! ) -- a weekend project?

How do you get them tubular-bell-shaped??

--------------
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Dec. 16 2008, 06:39

You mold them--I'll post the recipe that I use, hopefully later today. (-:

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
19 replies since April 08 2008, 02:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net