Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: German translation needed, (aimed to Germans in here)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 05 2008, 18:56

At the beginning of the 1985 instrumental demo of "Pictures in the Dark", two voices say something in German, probably on the radio. I would like to know whether any of the Germans in here are kind enough to translate the German speech for me. :)

I can't link directly here to the FLAC file of the demo, for two reasons:

1) It's illegal. :D
2) It's big (15.7 MB).

So, if anyone is willing to provide a translation, just PM me and I shall send him/her the file.

Thanks in advance... ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2008, 21:40

Taint no thang.......I've done it, no one has come to break my legs yet. Just put it up on Rapidshare.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 07:22

Okay, here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files....ac.html

Very cool demo indeed. You can almost do karaoke to it. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 07:38

I believe they were making some comments about missing the cutie-pie who sang the song and complimenting her visual assets.
But then my German is rusty.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 07:51

Heh. Thanks for the attempt, Jim. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 08:15

The female announcer's talking is a bit convoluted, really; anyway, here's what they're saying:

"Your host for the programme 'Rock Melody' here at Bayern 3 is Andrea Schirnak [?]."

"Good evening, hello, welcome to 'Rock Melody'. Today I'm doing something I've been wanting to do for a long time, namely to respond in this way to various calls and letters I've received (or possibly not received personally); I'd also like to say thanks for them right away; some of you have inquired about the theme music that's been running here for almost half a year at this time every sunday. So, for all the callers and letter-writers, and possibly for some others as well: that's Mike Oldfield's 'Pictures In The Dark', and isn't available in this instrumental version, as he recorded it for me especially for this programme, and the only existing tape, well, that's the one I've got. You've already been hearing the song underneath [my talking] the whole time, and if I've been talking about it so much already, I might as well play the whole thing today. So now, without words, the rest of 'Pictures In The Dark' by Mike Oldfield."
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 08:32

Thanks very much, Holger. I had kind-of got the part about the piece not being available elsewhere, as I'm not totally ignorant of the language of Deutschland :D. However, it's really refreshing to know that Mike made this back in 1985 especially for the folks at Bayern 3 to use as their signature tune! :cool: Oh, well, it was the 1980s... :p

@ Jim: so they weren't really talking about Anita, were they? :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 08:34

Pity she had to talk so much; on top of that, what she's saying is probably BS. This seems to be just the demo version of the song, as Ugo suggested, and Mike probably just made her a copy of that; I highly doubt it's the "only tape in existence", I'm sure Mike has a copy of that as well.  :D

Still, nice to hear this.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 08:43

Quote (Holger @ Oct. 06 2008, 14:34)
Pity she had to talk so much; on top of that, what she's saying is probably BS. This seems to be just the demo version of the song, as Ugo suggested, and Mike probably just made her a copy of that; I highly doubt it's the "only tape in existence", I'm sure Mike has a copy of that as well.  :D

Still, nice to hear this.

It IS a demo (albeit with plenty of electric guitar in it) - at least it's credited as a 1985 demo in the cover art of the (boot) compilation that this is taken from. ;) Yes, that stuff about being the only existing tape in existence is the kind of silly stuff that radio hosts always say... also in Italy... :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 11:40

They were talking about Maggie Reilly weren't they?? 1985. What I heard was: "I think of her cute face and husky girly girl frame every time I play it. More of [she?] to love. Take your tiny fragile ladies and get away from me........Danka Mike.
    But like I said I'm rusty.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 12:52

"... But their beauty and their style went kinda smooth after a while.  Take me to them lardy ladies every time."

;)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 14:19

@ Jim: unless you're joking (and I think you are :p) I have no idea where do you hear those words, as I don't. She isn't talking about Maggie Reilly [How could she be talking appreciatively about Maggie Reilly? Was she a lesbian?? :laugh:], as Anita Hegerland was the one who sang PitD - but she isn't talking about Anita Hegerland either. She's talking about the music and saying some BS about it being made by Mike especially for them - for her!! I think Holger above here got it perfectly right. :D

@ Bassman: I don't get that. Is it a quote?

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 22:46

Its just a joke.....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2008, 23:40

... and my hovercraft is full of eels...

:)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 09:19

@ Bassman: having watched yesterday night (and LOLed at) episode 25 of Monty Python's Flying Circus, a.k.a. "Spam" (Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook et al.), I can safely say: "Now I get it". :laugh: However, Wikipedia says that the phrase may refer to poor translations in general, so it kind-of fits in with the topic...

@ Scatterplot: OK. :D Was yours Monty-Pythonesque as well?

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 10:14

Oh man, I can't believe no one zeroed in on my Queen reference!  I was just continuing the riff that Jim played!  MCH, where are you?   :D

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 12:29

I dunno 'bout Monty Python, but when I read the original thread-starter it seemed someone was wide open to be beguiled, so I seized the opportunity..............

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 13:31

@ Bassman: "Fat Bottomed Girls". ;) Was Jim quoting Queen as well? Queen is another of those bands I never bothered to memorize the lyrics of, as I only cared about the music. :D (By the way, who's MCH?)

@ Jim: so the 'someone' would be me? Yes, I admit to be "wide open to be beguiled". :laugh: Well done!

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 13:38

Quite correct, "Fat Bottomed Girls"!  I couldn't resist being cheeky.  MCH is Moonchildhippy, our resident expert on all things Queen.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 14:50

It's all in good fun......However I did live in Germany when I was a toddler, gotta count fer sumpthin'.....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
30 replies since Oct. 05 2008, 18:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net