Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Front cover, I like it! I really like it!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 14 2005, 19:22

Just wanted to say that as well as being my absolute favourite album, I love the cover photgraph of Mike. He doesn't strike me as someone who enjoys having his picture taken but this is quite something, even 30 years on! I'm hoping that the new album has a good photo of him.......

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: July 14 2005, 19:38

I'm sorry.  Am I missing something?  What cover photo are you speaking of?

Nevermind - I figured it out.  DOH!

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 15 2005, 06:13

Quote (bee @ July 14 2005, 19:22)
Just wanted to say that as well as being my absolute favourite album, I love the cover photgraph of Mike. He doesn't strike me as someone who enjoys having his picture taken but this is quite something, even 30 years on! I'm hoping that the new album has a good photo of him.......

The photo session from that day has image after image of equal beauty.  I think lots of them are on the web somewhere.  The photographer was David Bailey I think.  Anybody have a link to more of the Ommadawn photoshoot pics?

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 20 2005, 07:25

Quote (familyjules @ July 15 2005, 11:13)
Quote (bee @ July 14 2005, 19:22)

The photo session from that day has image after image of equal beauty.  I think lots of them are on the web somewhere.  The photographer was David Bailey I think.  Anybody have a link to more of the Ommadawn photoshoot pics?

Jules

The Ommadawn photo session, I agree what beauty. Beautiful , gorgeous, alluring.   Does anyone know if  I can get posters of this photoshoot. Have tried to make some with my printer, but theyr'e not great quality. I would love to frame some of these pics and display them on my wall.    :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 21 2005, 08:04

Would you believe it,  went  to Leominster yesterday found original pressing LP of Ommadawn   :),after discussing the cover in the forum yesterday, and saw Shirley (who currently runs The Beacon with her husband) immediately before I went into the secondhand shop where I found it.   I had to buy it, I collect LPs and CDs. Have Ommadawn  on "Boxed" LP set and also on the "Disky" CD issue, to replace a worn out tape of it. How's that for strange events  ;) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
mikex Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 13:32

Is it me or is there just a slight resemblance to Jesus about him on that cover, umm, maybe I have had a bit to much coffee today!

--------------
Anthropolologee, upstairs and inside a revelation is blinking well baffling!
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 13:38

That is exactly what my mum said, I played her the WHOLE of Ommadawn, when it finished I asked, what do you think? She had been holding the CD the whole way through and simply said, he looks like Jesus of Nazareth in this picture.

It was annoying but she was right!  :)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 14:14

Jesus was a nice guy.
Profile PM 
Ostach Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2005, 18:11

haha, i must say that I look now just like Mike then... lol :D  long hair, beard

so it's one of my favourite ;)

--------------
I stay
I pray
See you in heaven one day...
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2005, 08:40

Quote (bee @ July 15 2005, 00:22)
I'm hoping that the new album has a good photo of him.......

Oh dear!  :/

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2005, 08:58

Nice and classic,but it's not one of my favs at all.Like I've always said,I do like Mike after Incantations.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2007, 04:29

I think this is my favorite MO cover. I didn't think much of it while flipping through my brother's LP collection when I was young. It was several years before I finally listened to the album, and familiarity with the music added meaning and attachment to that image.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2018, 17:56

It's a simple cover but very pleasing with its peacock-blue colouration. There's an interesting ambiguity with the vertical dark bands. At first glance I thought they were simply strands of Mike's hair but of course that's not so. Some kind of marine imagery perhaps?
Profile PM 
12 replies since July 14 2005, 19:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net