Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Frequently Asked Questions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2006, 05:15

When I start the game, I can't go anywhere or do anything because there are white barriers that stop me.

Touch the cactus. When you hear a voice say 'the origin', you're on your way.
Often during the game you're returned to the origin, and touching it should be the first thing you do to get the game rolling again.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 30 2006, 05:21

How do I pick up rings when I'm using an avatar?

Go to the tall green crystals (there are two sets and you can use either - see the map) and touch them. A small golden ring will appear in the lower left corner of your screen. If you press the space bar, you'll find you can shoot little golden rings. To collect a ring, shoot it with the little rings.

(A common mistake is to drop the avatar in order to pick up the ring. But if you do that you'll lose your avatar, as collecting the rings moves you on to a different 'state' in the game, and the avatar will have vanished.)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 30 2006, 05:26

The game has returned me to the origin, but the cactus is burning and the volcano is exploding. Touching the cactus has no effect. Why has this happened and what do I do?

You've done something that the spirit of the game doesn't approve of. In the bottom left hand corner of the screen, you'll see a snowball. Fire snowballs at the cactus to put the fire out, and all will be well. You might find you've lost a ring from your collection, though.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 30 2006, 05:45

What is supposed to happen at the Temple with the wishing well?

There are times in the game when you may need or wish to reduce the number of rings you've collected. You can do that at the temple. Pick up one of the rings on the stone table and take it to the wishing well. When you put it in the water, one of the rings from your collection will disappear.

As far as I can tell, it seems that you need to have at least three rings before this option is offered to you. (It will work if you hear the words 'make a wish' when you approach the stone table).
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 01 2006, 11:38

Where are the avatars?

Most of the avatars are marked with a small green circle on the map.

You can find a description and an image of each avatar here.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 01 2006, 14:42

Is it possible to reach the daliphants on the far shores? If so, how do I do it?

Officially, the answer is no. There are barriers in the game that stop you reaching the daliphants. But from the very beginning, people have occasionally encountered bugs in the game that have allowed them to get beyond the barriers to the daliphants. This was all rather hit and miss, though.

We now have several different reliable ways of getting to the daliphants (and other unreachable places). They are all unorthodox and explore loopholes in the game. Some are very easy to achieve; others need a bit of practice. Each method seems to create a different 'world' within Tr3s Lunas, and each of these worlds can be explored fully, once you enter them. It's true to say that for a long time, finding and exploring these 'unofficial' worlds has been a major preoccupation for many of us. Some of them are deeply mysterious and very beautiful.

You can find details of how to get into these unofficial worlds in the following threads:

Space Arrow World (unofficial)
Firebeings World (unofficial)
Ants World (unofficial)
Snowy Owl's World (unofficial)
Swords Game World (unofficial)
Seagull World (unofficial)
Horses World (unofficial)

Firebeings World and Ants World are the easiest worlds to get into, so are a good place to start.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 14 2006, 12:40

How do I change my speed?

There are three speed settings: 1, 2, and 3 (the fastest being 3). To change the setting, just press  keys 1, 2 or 3 while the game is running. There's nothing to alert you to the change - except that if you press key '3', you'll simply find you can move a lot faster afterwards. (Actually, pressing '3' is one of the first things I do when I start a new game.)

You particularly need to be able to move fast when you're trying to enter some of the unofficial worlds (eg to escape the space arrow, the snowy owl, or the swords in the swords game).
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 22 2006, 03:53

How do I take screenshots of the game?

There are a number of small freeware programs that you can use. The one most of us use is Grabclipsave. You run it before starting the game, and then press the PrintScrn key whenever you want to take a picture. It stores all the results in a folder. Do a Google search to find somewhere to download it it from, or contact one of us.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 15 2006, 15:53

How do I get picked up by the blue flying ant near the origin?

[Information provided by A R Schultz]

The blue flying ant carries a gold ring which can be collected if you hitch a ride with it. It is usually around at the origin (at least as long as you haven't been to Turtle Island), always following the same track around the cactus and the golden trees. Even if you can't see it at first, you can usually hear its buzzing.

My favourite position to catch a lift with it is slightly right of the cactus and about level with its top, facing the golden trees - then the blue ant should come close enough (watch its buzzing noise, it will be heading towards you from the right golden tree) either to catch, (or at least decide how to adjust your position), after some 10 seconds.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2006, 15:09

How can I get some idea of what the game looks like before I decide to install it?

As you read through the Guide, you'll continually find links that will show you images from the game. If you just want to browse through the collection of images used in this forum, you can go here.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 29 2007, 19:30

How do I play online?

There are two ways of playing an online game. You can host the game yourself, with your computer running as server; or you can join a game hosted by someone else.

1. Hosting a game:

Double click the game desktop icon so that the big grey MusicVR panel comes up. Click the 'Avatars' tab. At the bottom left of the screen, enter your name, and choose a colour for it using the rainbow wheel.
You'll also see either one or two little white boxes. Tick the box labelled 'This computer is a server'. (If it isn't there, untick the box that is there, and the box you want will appear.)
You now need to tell the other players your IP address. DON'T use the IP address you'll see below the little box you just ticked, because it may not be correct. Instead, go to this website: http://www.whatismyip.com/
It will display your IP address on the screen. Copy it, and paste it into the post on the message board (at Tubular.net, or MusicVR.com) where you're announcing your game.

Now click the 'Options' tab, click on 'Start game' and wait for the other players to join you once your game is running.

2. Joining someone else's game

Double click the game desktop icon so that the big grey MusicVR panel comes up. Click the 'Avatars' tab. At the bottom left of the screen you'll see either one or two little white boxes. Tick the box labelled 'Connect to the network'. (If it isn't there, untick the box that is there, and the box you want will appear.)

The person who is hosting the game will have announced his or her IP address on a message board. Copy that IP address and paste it into the box labelled 'Address of server'. Now start your game by clicking the 'Options' tab, and then 'Start game'.

Firewalls

When you join a game, or someone else joins yours, be prepared for an alert from your firewall, telling you that MusicVR is trying to connect to the internet. Allow the connection. (It makes sense to allow it permanently, so that you won't be alerted again unnecessarily for future games.)

How to communicate with other players

When your game starts, press the TAB key on your keyboard. The top section of the screen will darken. This is where messages appear, and also  the names of other players who are connected. To send a message, press the 'm' key on your keyboard. You can now type your message, and then press the 'enter' key to send it.

What if it doesn't work?

1. If your computer is a server, and others can't connect to you, then check that you've posted your IP correctly. DON'T use the one that you'll see on the MusicVR grey panel. The IP you should post is the one that you see on your screen when you go to http://www.whatismyip.com/

2. If you're trying to connect to someone else's game, then check that their IP is correctly entered into the box at the bottom of the 'Avatars' page.

3. If you connect to the internet through a router, then you'll need to configure your router to allow MusicVR to communicate before you can host a game. You have to tell the router to send incoming connections to your computer. This is called "port forwarding" and the exact way you do it will vary from one router to another (see its manual). MusicVR uses TCP port 45321 for connections.

Configure your router with 45321 as the port number, select TCP as the connection type, and put the IP address of your computer in the "address" area. I can't predict the exact form in which your router will require this information. (As an example, the entries in my BT Home Hub are as follows: Protocol TCP; Port Range 45321 - 45321; Translate to 45321 - 45321)
However, in this case the IP address your router requires is NOT the one you get from whatismyip.com! You need the local address of your computer. To find this, go to START -> RUN; enter "cmd" in the box, and click OK. A black panel will open up. Type "ipconfig" (without the quotes) and press enter. Your computer's IP address will be displayed (it won't be the same as the one that whatismyip.com will give you). It should look something like: 192.168.0.xxx. This is the one to enter into your router.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 06:26

I found myself in a huge green and grey space with two purple dragons and some scary sounds. What's happened? And how do I get out?

You've been sent to Bad World, because you've done something the game disapproves of (eg, you might have fired an arrow at the Indian girl).

To escape, search around for Pegasus (he looks like a tubular bell when at a great distance) and fly towards him. When you reach him you'll be returned to the origin.

(Thanks to Gary for this information.)
Profile PM 
11 replies since April 30 2006, 05:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net