Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Four Winds< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 12 2008, 05:21

Very good, Alan - now let's see you do it with a Shakespearean sonnet!
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 07:46

Quote (nightspore @ June 12 2008, 10:21)
Very good, Alan - now let's see you do it with a Shakespearean sonnet!

... with Supercouplet tidying up the end, I suppose.... I'll leave that one to you, Daniel.

My rhyme-scheme is all up the creek, of course. But it would have taken much longer to get that right and (this may amaze some), I do have a life....
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 01:13

Quote (Alan D @ June 12 2008, 04:04)
OK. I consider myself duly barrel-organed and pipsqueaked. It was a painful process, but I emerged from it a better and wiser person.

I don't believe for one moment that my vexation has swayed your opinion, Alan. Which is as it should be. And, once again, you've shown gentlemanly tact by humoring my ill-temper. Top it off with spontaneous poesy, and I can no longer understand why I was irritated in the first place.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 02:08

From very early in this topic:

Quote (Wojtek @ Dec. 19 1999, 12:17)
1st - North ("sharp")
2nd - South ("mild")
3rd - East ("oriental")
4th - West ("western theme")

"Sharp", "mild"... did anyone else get the impression that Wojtek was about to analogize the four winds with cheeses? I was saddened when I couldn't immediately come up with an "oriental" cheese, but I've since discovered that Indian cuisine, at least, does include a cheese called 'paneer'. I'm stumped as to what would qualify as an exclusively "western" cheese, though.

ETA

I've got it - 'Monterey Jack'. Can't get more 'West' than California, right?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 02:26

What about Paint Your Wagon?..Oh no that`s a cheesey western...Sorry!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 09:57

That's be Lee Marvin singing I Was Born Under A Wandering Star....now that's western cheese of the finest vintage! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
65 replies since Dec. 10 1999, 10:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net