Posted: Aug. 20 2003, 21:45

Inner sleeve of the Five Miles Out LP.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 15 2007, 23:19

Oh man, I love seeing schematics like this! This is for the track "Taurus II", correct? Some of the writing is difficult to decipher in that size. Is the track sheet for "Ommadawn Part 1" (seen in Changeling) available online?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: July 16 2007, 11:02

Yes, it's Taurus II. As I wrote in the thread about favourite album covers, this one is my favourite :)
I don't know anything about Ommadawn's track sheet, but there are some cool photos on the "Ommadawn" section of tubular.net (website, not forum).

[edit] Ah, and here is the hi-resolution version of the 5MO sleeve.

cheers
amazarak

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 16 2007, 13:59

Oh, wonderful! You can see everything, there. Errr... what's a "recorda"?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 17 2007, 05:21

It´s a Recorder.

:)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: July 17 2007, 12:24

Thanks for the Hi-Res of this. It really brings back memories for me - the first MO LP I bought and I sold it off in 1990 and now only have an CD version without this inner cover. I love the schematic - seems quite humourous to me but I don't know why!!!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 17 2007, 16:36

Also interesting is the track sheet for Ommadawn Part I which you can see on Mike's autobiography ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Aug. 20 2003, 21:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net