Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (9) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Five Miles Out and Crises re-releases announced< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pat Gleeson Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 19 2013, 12:39

Korgscrew, are Universal including pre-orders from third party sites - online and high street stores - in their stock levels (i.e. presently sold out)?
I ask this because I'm wondering if the repressings will be for themselves only. Thanks again for the update  :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 20 2013, 02:49

As far as I know, the new stock is to supply everywhere that was selling it before supplies ran out, so not just for direct sales from Universal. :)

Going by what spark said in another thread, it was Amazon pre-orders which really tipped everything over the edge, so I think the stock levels are based on both trade and direct to customer orders.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2013, 06:35

Thanks again, Korgscrew  :)
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2013, 14:26

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 20 2013, 07:49)
As far as I know, the new stock is to supply everywhere that was selling it before supplies ran out, so not just for direct sales from Universal. :)

Going by what spark said in another thread, it was Amazon pre-orders which really tipped everything over the edge, so I think the stock levels are based on both trade and direct to customer orders.

Oh, that was my fault then.....sorry  :laugh:
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2013, 12:06

Good to see Amazon have put the Crises box set back up on sale before the release date  :)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2013, 16:51

Quote (mitch65 @ Aug. 27 2013, 17:06)
Good to see Amazon have put the Crises box set back up on sale before the release date  :)

Whilst the 5 disc set doesn't seem to be up yet, it's encouraging - hopefully we will hear some audio previews of the deluxe editions soon  :)
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 27 2013, 23:36

Items on their way (Crises Deluxe) so Universal have stock for preorders.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 02:43

preview FMO Deluxe

It seems the concert is same recording I know as 1982-11-02 Cologne Sporthalle (monitor mix / there are several bootlegs of that).
It's a good recording, but Maggie seems to have a cold as she sounds quite hoarsely.
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 03:29

Family Man sounds very strong and rocky!
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 05:14

Still no word from amazon or play.com about the Crises boxset ...
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 06:03

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Aug. 29 2013, 10:14)

Amazon reinstated the Boxset as a pre-order a few days ago :)
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 12:08

Quote (mitch65 @ Aug. 29 2013, 11:03)
Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Aug. 29 2013, 10:14)

Oh and now it's sold out again!
Profile PM 
Nordlicht Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 16:06

Quote (mitch65 @ Aug. 29 2013, 12:08)

two good news:
1) at amazon.de the Crises box set is still available for pre order - price unchanged since weeks.
2) Shipping of pre orders from amazon in germany started today.  :D

update 2013/08/30: Preorders are also possible again at amazon.co.uk now.
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 02:03

Quote (Nordlicht @ Aug. 29 2013, 16:06)
1) at amazon.de the Crises box set is still available for pre order - price unchanged since weeks.

3) Plus there are previews of the first three discs from the box on amazon.de :)
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 02:53

Quote (Nordlicht @ Aug. 29 2013, 21:06)
Quote (mitch65 @ Aug. 29 2013, 12:08)

two good news:

update 2013/08/30: Preorders are also possible again at amazon.co.uk now.

The status changes daily!  :laugh:
amazon UK haven't started dispatching pre-orders yet........not mine anyway!
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 06:12

Nor mine  :(
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 07:19

What's good, what's bad

Five Miles Out:

Demo version: fantastic

Live concert 1982-12-06:
Very good, but I'm a bit confused with the date of performance. It is the same recording as the well known monitor-mix bootleg (1982-11-02). What date is correct ?

5.1 Mix:
Taurus 2 - crispy and rough sound. The 1th half to The Deep Deep Sound is very good and quite interesting but parts of the 2nd half are annoying. The 2nd song of Taurus 2 (starting at about 17 mins) has a bad balance of vocals and melody guitar (is hidden in the background in the original mix). I can't listen to that !
Family Man - Not bad but slowed down (why?)
Orabidoo - The beginning is missing and it starts at 2.20 min (?) The mix is - sorry - horrible.
Mount Teide - interesting
Five Miles Out - rough and crispy

Visual content:
Not too much, but I like the BBC performance very much.

Booklet & design:
All in all the design is quite pleasant. But there are many wrong facts in the essay (e.g. page 11 band line up / credits: line up for Waldberg is completly wrong / Mount TEIDI !!!;). There are no new photos or memorabilia. It seems the editors made a quick internet research and picking some scans from tubular.net concert section. By the way there's a ticket of the 1983 Barcelona concert on page 14 :-(

Crises Box:

Similar mistakes can be found in the Crises Box booklet. It looks phat but has nothing new in it: photos ripped from tubular.net

Bonus tracks:
Good but not satisfying. Missing demos or unreleased material. I'm not a fan of Rite Of Man but it would have made it more complete.

Concert audio:
Well done

Concert video:
Nice stage footage - very close to the musicians. I like the audio mix ! In my opinion it is better than the audio from discs 3 & 4.
Poor Pierre Moerlen: While Simon Phillips is drumming during Crises finale, Pierre has to play synths and Fairlight...

5.1 Mix
Crises & Moonlight Shadow - I like both very much - a cool "live" studio atmosphere is created.
In High Places - Starts suddenly and ends in a mess. I always like the instrumental ending a lot and could have listend to it endlessly. But now he has added the vocal track...
Foreign Affair - The original version is very cool and relaxing but the new mix is just dull as a accordion melody is added... :-(
Taurus 3 & Shadow On The Wall - Quite good.

All in all: not disappointed but not satisfied.

Best regards
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 09:58

Quote (stpaul @ Aug. 30 2013, 12:19)
What's good, what's bad

Five Miles Out:

Demo version: fantastic

Live concert 1982-12-06:
Very good, but I'm a bit confused with the date of performance. It is the same recording as the well known monitor-mix bootleg (1982-11-02). What date is correct ?

5.1 Mix:
Taurus 2 - crispy and rough sound. The 1th half to The Deep Deep Sound is very good and quite interesting but parts of the 2nd half are annoying. The 2nd song of Taurus 2 (starting at about 17 mins) has a bad balance of vocals and melody guitar (is hidden in the background in the original mix). I can't listen to that !
Family Man - Not bad but slowed down (why?)
Orabidoo - The beginning is missing and it starts at 2.20 min (?) The mix is - sorry - horrible.
Mount Teide - interesting
Five Miles Out - rough and crispy

Visual content:
Not too much, but I like the BBC performance very much.

Booklet & design:
All in all the design is quite pleasant. But there are many wrong facts in the essay (e.g. page 11 band line up / credits: line up for Waldberg is completly wrong / Mount TEIDI !!!;). There are no new photos or memorabilia. It seems the editors made a quick internet research and picking some scans from tubular.net concert section. By the way there's a ticket of the 1983 Barcelona concert on page 14 :-(

Crises Box:

Similar mistakes can be found in the Crises Box booklet. It looks phat but has nothing new in it: photos ripped from tubular.net

Bonus tracks:
Good but not satisfying. Missing demos or unreleased material. I'm not a fan of Rite Of Man but it would have made it more complete.

Concert audio:
Well done

Concert video:
Nice stage footage - very close to the musicians. I like the audio mix ! In my opinion it is better than the audio from discs 3 & 4.
Poor Pierre Moerlen: While Simon Phillips is drumming during Crises finale, Pierre has to play synths and Fairlight...

5.1 Mix
Crises & Moonlight Shadow - I like both very much - a cool "live" studio atmosphere is created.
In High Places - Starts suddenly and ends in a mess. I always like the instrumental ending a lot and could have listend to it endlessly. But now he has added the vocal track...
Foreign Affair - The original version is very cool and relaxing but the new mix is just dull as a accordion melody is added... :-(
Taurus 3 & Shadow On The Wall - Quite good.

All in all: not disappointed but not satisfied.

Best regards

Is there an issue with 5.1? I'm not interested in that personally, stereo only. I'll be very annoyed if these issues carry over to 2.1  :(
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 14:37

Amazon UK hasn't even started shipping yet!  Very disappointed by not getting it by release date :(  Enjoying the 30 second clips over and over and over and over while being slightly jealous of those in Europe who have already received theirs!  Even though I've had these concerts since the late 90's, these copies are soooo much better than the bootlegs... even in sample form.  

HURRY UP AMAZON!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 15:21

Quote (christopher @ Aug. 30 2013, 18:37)
Amazon UK hasn't even started shipping yet!  Very disappointed by not getting it by release date :(

The release date, at least in the UK, is September 2nd...but I totally know how frustrating it is when you're eagerly awaiting something and some people seem to have got it before you! That said, it does look increasingly like they're not going to manage it in time (I think I've occasionally seen them send things out on a Saturday to arrive on the Monday, though).

I think some retailers bend the rules slightly when it comes to sending things out in advance, no doubt knowing the record company would rather accept those thousands of sales rather than kick up a fuss about release dates. Why Amazon in the UK is following a different policy to Amazon in Germany, I don't know, though! It's possible it's a supply thing, it seemed like amazon.de didn't run out of stock in the way that amazon.co.uk did (or maybe I just missed that, I've not been keeping a close eye on it).

Of course, if they promised a release date delivery and don't deliver on that promise, it's worth reminding them that they're in breach of contract and seeing what you can get out of them!
Profile PM 
160 replies since July 04 2013, 10:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net