Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (9) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Five Miles Out and Crises re-releases announced< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
christopher Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 07 2013, 18:37

Korgscrew maybe you can shed some light on this subject.  One of the tracks I was most looking forward to on the FMO Deluxe is a cleaned up copy of Ommadawn.  Especially the wonderful drum solo at the end, which borders on marching band.  

In my excitement since the announcement I somehow overlooked its absence in the tracklist.  Is there a reason for leaving out these three tracks?  I mean Guilty is outstanding from this show!! :)  

I sure as hell would have paid extra for a cleaned up copy of Platinum, Ommadawn, and Conflict from this show.  FMO is glorious cleaned up!!  He could even have released these as exclusive tracks digitally through outlets like iTunes.  We would have bought them!!

If you know anyway to find out this info or where I might obtain these three tracks cleaned up and shiney, I would be very grateful.  I have the bootleg that has been making the rounds for over a decade.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2013, 19:19

Quote (christopher @ Sep. 08 2013, 00:37)
 Is there a reason for leaving out these three tracks?  I mean Guilty is outstanding from this show!! :)  

I think the reason is the lack of space in one single CD. So they choose songs mainly related to FMO.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2013, 05:19

Quote (Nacho @ Sep. 07 2013, 19:19)
 Is there a reason for leaving out these three tracks?  I mean Guilty is outstanding from this show!! :)  

I think the reason is the lack of space in one single CD. So they choose songs mainly related to FMO.

That's the point. But nevertheless it would be a good idea to offer special downloads for a charge on the MO/Universal page.
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2013, 06:06

Quote (stpaul @ Sep. 08 2013, 05:19)
Quote (Nacho @ Sep. 07 2013, 19:19)

That's the point. But nevertheless it would be a good idea to offer special downloads for a charge on the MO/Universal page.

There is also an option to add a second CD with the rest part of the concert. It's not the problem for King Crimson to release the 15-disc box of Lark's Tongues in Aspic or even 25-disc (!!! ) box of The Road To Red which will be released this year where we are getting 21cd's, 1dvd and 2bd's for only about tripple price of 5-disc Crises set! It's unbelivable. I for sure would buy an x-disc box with all Mike Oldfield live shows for a resonable price.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2013, 06:22

This could be an option in a near future. A Blu Ray Pure Audio (a format Universal is introducing now) with lots of live recordings. This new format is compatible with existing Blu Ray players so it would be easy to sell a decent pile of them!  :)
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2013, 21:22

Does anyone know where I might obtain the entire concert?  I have the old soundboard recording from ten years ago.  And the one that was included in the 6 gig file making the rounds of all of Mike's concerts.  From what I understand, another member from MO Personal page and maybe here, has the multi-track SB recording, and remixed it recently in better quality.  Ommadawn is the track that I wish to have the most.  It's truly surprising that Mike nor his people did not think to make some sort of digital exclusive tracks.  In this day and age, exclusive tracks sell!!
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2013, 23:36

its pity that they had to cut that live concert. i would rather paid more for complete show.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 10 2013, 08:01

For anyone still wanting to buy a Crises boxed set, I've been told there'll be new stock in the week beginning September 23rd. Perhaps that'll help some of you decide whether to place an order (at Amazon, for example) and wait or to buy it at a higher price somewhere that has it in stock now.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 10 2013, 11:05

Received FMO vinyl #390 in perfect condition, except there is an ugly sticker on the sleeve itself (not on the shrink wrap). Safe to remove? (Seems very sticky and unsafe to me).
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2013, 12:41

Quote (sEIGu @ Sep. 01 2013, 09:44)
And i hate those idiots in germany, that stick those FSK-Stickers on the box. That ruined two PF-boxes, now Crises too. Thanks for that, a****es..

Hmm, where exactly is this FSK sticker stuck? On the front or back of the box, or maybe on the envelope with the DVD?? I'am curious because i'am considering to buy that box from amazon.de.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 04:31

this sticker is on the box!

As they told me there was no Fsk sticker, they accepted to give me a refund.

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 04:58

Quote (yanouch65 @ Sep. 11 2013, 04:31)

Front side?
Profile PM 
sEIGu Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 05:02

It's stuck on the Box. I removed it carefully. (you shouldn't try...)

--------------
sEIGu
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 08:29

Quote (sEIGu @ Sep. 11 2013, 05:02)
It's stuck on the Box. I removed it carefully. (you shouldn't try...)

If it's on the back side of the box so not a big deal i think, but if it's stuck on the front cover then it may ruin the artwork design.
Profile PM 
sEIGu Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 10:49

It's - of course - on the front.

--------------
sEIGu
Profile PM 
Olly Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 16:29

Crises is number 7 in the  UK Top 40 Rock Albums  :O

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rockalbums
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 18:09

Quote (Olly @ Sep. 11 2013, 21:29)
Crises in number 7 in UK Top 40 Rock Albums  :O

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rockalbums

.. and Crises and FMO are in the main UK chart (No. 71 and 72)

UK Album Chart
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2013, 05:16

Quote (equinoxe @ Sep. 11 2013, 10:58)
Quote (yanouch65 @ Sep. 11 2013, 04:31)

Front side?

Yes, front side!

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Nordlicht Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2013, 12:57

Quote (yanouch65 @ Sep. 12 2013, 05:16)
Quote (equinoxe @ Sep. 11 2013, 10:58)
Front side?

Yes, front side!

Unfortunately, its a German law, that each and every public release (music, movie, games, ...) that includes just the smallest piece of visual content has to have this ugly FSK sign placed directly at the front of the outside original packaging  :(
Sometimes it is directly printed on the front cover, but in case of the Crises box set we are lucky that it's just a (removable) sticker.

But you really have to be very careful not to damage the paper of the box, if you remove the sticker.

I do have positive experience in removing these stickers from all my DVDs and CDs by following these hints:
1) Be very carful and remove the sticker very very very slowly (it took me about 2 minutes to remove the one off the Crises box set)
2) start on the edge of sticker located to the middle of the cover by carefully trying to scratch my fingernail under this edge of the sticker. Do not put any pressure onto the cover, just try to scratch the edge of the sticker.
3) if you got a little bit of the sticker being partly lifted, grab this lifted edge carefully with your fingers (or nails at the beginning) and pull very slowly in the direction of the outmost corner of the sticker. The slower the better, to give time for the glue to loosen. A pulling angle of only slightly more than 90° seems to be perfect to cause the least damage to the original cover.
4) Be especially careful at the last 2 milimeters of the sticker to make sure that the remaining last part of the sticker does not come up in a sudden but also lifts slowly.

The problem with removing the stickers from the crises box is not so much the printed color but the paper itself that is only glued on to the cardbord.

Even as I had been very careful, I could not prevent that a very small part of the printed paper lifted a little bit from cardbord. (Just the mounting of the paper itself, the printing ink was wot damaged at all )
I attached a photo of my box after removing the sticker. The photo was taken with a glancing light to better show the minimum raise of the paper. You can see the shadow as a slightly darker area in the lower middle part of the photo.
It realy only is a shadow, not a change in the ink color

With normal light situation it is not possible to see, that the paper loosens a little, but please decide yourself about the risk of removing the sticker. (And please don't blame me, if you were less lucky than me by removing the sticker)
Oh, by the way, the longer you wait the more difficult it will be to remove the sticker, as the glue is hardening more and more with the weeks passing by.

In my opinion, the FSK sticker is extraordinarily ugly, so normally I take any risk of damaging the original cover just to get rid of the sticker.

Good luck if you try to remove the sticker
Kind regards

Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2013, 00:24

Quote (Nordlicht @ Sep. 12 2013, 12:57)
Good luck if you try to remove the sticker
Kind regards

I finally bought my copy from ebay, from the guy, who had the actuall front side photo of the selling box-set and there wasn't the FSK sticker, so i will not have this problem.

Your explanations about removing the stickers are very detailed, and may be usefull in the future! :)
Profile PM 
160 replies since July 04 2013, 10:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net