Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (9) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Five Miles Out and Crises re-releases announced< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mitch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 15:40

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 30 2013, 20:21)
Quote (christopher @ Aug. 30 2013, 18:37)
Amazon UK hasn't even started shipping yet!  Very disappointed by not getting it by release date :(

The release date, at least in the UK, is September 2nd...but I totally know how frustrating it is when you're eagerly awaiting something and some people seem to have got it before you! That said, it does look increasingly like they're not going to manage it in time (I think I've occasionally seen them send things out on a Saturday to arrive on the Monday, though).

I think some retailers bend the rules slightly when it comes to sending things out in advance, no doubt knowing the record company would rather accept those thousands of sales rather than kick up a fuss about release dates. Why Amazon in the UK is following a different policy to Amazon in Germany, I don't know, though! It's possible it's a supply thing, it seemed like amazon.de didn't run out of stock in the way that amazon.co.uk did (or maybe I just missed that, I've not been keeping a close eye on it).

Of course, if they promised a release date delivery and don't deliver on that promise, it's worth reminding them that they're in breach of contract and seeing what you can get out of them!

I've even had stuff sent out on Sunday for Monday delivery. I've paid extra to make sure I get it on Monday and If I don't?.......well that delivery charge is coming back, that's for sure  ;)
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 16:10

order status has updated to 'dispatching now'.......sounds good!
Profile PM 
sEIGu Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 18:03

Parcelservice tried to deliver today - but i wasnt home. Have to wait till tomorrow.. :/

--------------
sEIGu
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 02:29

Quote (sEIGu @ Aug. 30 2013, 23:03)
Parcelservice tried to deliver today - but i wasnt home. Have to wait till tomorrow.. :/

I feel fortunate that the delivery company Amazon UK use will leave in the porch........ :)
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 05:22

My Amazon UK order status is now 'Dispatching now' !! :)

Will not get too excited since this status just means dispatched in next few hours to few DAYS !! :(

I've had many previous Amazon orders stuck in 'Dispatching now' status for days but still hoping they will stick to there promise of delivery by Monday ! ..... Pre-ordered mine on the 9th July so hoping they adopt a 'first come first serve' policy i.e. the earlier you pre-order the earlier they're dispatch ... Probably hoping for too much for that to be the case :(
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 05:38

Amazon UK have posted both items (Crises Super Deluxe & FMO Deluxe) to me this morning. Hopefully they'll arrive Monday morning!  :D
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 06:20

Likewise !!!!!!  :)  :D
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 09:06

It's so frustrating, I have just been to Amazon.co.uk to order the box set, and it's sold out for a 2nd time! what does that tell them? they need a bigger order, people really want this box set.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 10:24

More than a 2nd time !!! ... Its yoyo'd many times this last week or so between being available to pre-order and not.
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 13:40

Quote (HuanCry @ Aug. 31 2013, 15:24)
More than a 2nd time !!! ... Its yoyo'd many times this last week or so between being available to pre-order and not.

Yep, lost count myself, thankfully mine are now dispatched so looking forward to Monday  :D
Profile PM 
pantofis Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 14:17

I bough my FMO deluxe yesterday. I share my impressions on the album discussions thread:

http://tubular.net/forums....;;st=40
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2013, 04:19

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 30 2013, 20:21)
The release date, at least in the UK, is September 2nd...

The UK is one of the few countries that release on a Monday - and strictly enforce it (at least with high street retailers). Here in Ireland it's the previous Friday. So I have the FMO Deluxe in my hands, but waiting for the Crises box. I presume that European online stores receive the stock at the same time as the UK, but can post on a weekday to make a Friday release date.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 01 2013, 07:31

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Sep. 01 2013, 08:19)
The UK is one of the few countries that release on a Monday - and strictly enforce it (at least with high street retailers). Here in Ireland it's the previous Friday.

It does seem like the release date in Germany was the 30th (Friday) too, so that would definitely explain why items were sent out to arrive on Friday!
Profile PM 
sEIGu Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2013, 09:44

Short Review from me for Crises SuperHyperDeluxe:

I bought it because of the Wembley-stuff. 100% satisfying, amazing sound.

And i hate those idiots in germany, that stick those FSK-Stickers on the box. That ruined two PF-boxes, now Crises too. Thanks for that, a****es..

--------------
sEIGu
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2013, 13:36

Is this sticker on the box or on the dvd?
Can we easily remove it?

Thanks

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2013, 18:08

Quote (Korgscrew @ Sep. 01 2013, 12:31)
It does seem like the release date in Germany was the 30th (Friday) too, so that would definitely explain why items were sent out to arrive on Friday!

The UK Monday release is something to do with the chart rules. Sales are counted from Monday to the following Sunday, precluding any benefit from releasing before Monday.
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2013, 07:28

I put my thoughts of the 5.1 mix on the other thread about FMO Utimate Edition.
Appalling mix of a great album
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2013, 09:35

Quote (spark @ Sep. 03 2013, 12:28)
I put my thoughts of the 5.1 mix on the other thread about FMO Utimate Edition.
Appalling mix of a great album

Interesting views, Spark. I felt the same way about the 2010 Hergest Ridge mix. I adore the (stereo and quad) 1976 mix, and any tinkering with that grates with me no end.
I quite like what Mike has done with the FMO 5.1 mix - very raw and stripped down IMO - but taking what I said before, I completely see where you and others are coming from.
BTW my copy of the Crises box set has arrived via play dot com, and as of now, they still have stock ...
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2013, 10:13

Hi Pat , got my box today from Amazon so I will give the 5.1 a listen .
I just dont know why he cut the tracks down on FMO 5.1 , he didnt do it to the other 5.1 mixes .
Really its not the album mixed in full , if you get my meaning .
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2013, 13:40

I'm kinda glad I'm not into 5.1 as this seems to have annoyed quite a few people. Stereo sounds great so I'm a happy camper  :D
Profile PM 
160 replies since July 04 2013, 10:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net