Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Five Miles Out - Lyrics corrections< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
OrabidoO-vr Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 04 2014, 07:53

Hi.

We're playing a tribute concert in Spain in a few months, and we're taking lyrics from here and there. At the moment I'm taking a look at "Five Miles Out" and I think there are some mistakes. (I'm not taking the lyrics from the vinyl/CD-inlay as 100% correct. I'm analyzing what the lyrics says.)

INTRO -> Not "falling". I hear "landing" for example in Viareggio'84.

Your number 1 anticipating you. -> I'd say "You're n.1 anticipating you." as I've seen in other websites for lyrics.

Don't take that dive again. -> I hear an S sound between 'take' and 'that' instead the phonetic sound for TH. I hear it in both the studio and the Viareggio versions.

//* And this one solved about the violet storm. *//

What do you think?

Thanks!

Regards.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2014, 17:15

1. Intro:
In my opinion it's not an english word, but just a phonetic sound  (like in Sheba)

2. It's: "Your", because it means your favorite person (girlfriend) is waiting for you

3. It's: Don't  thake that dive again
I hear the "s" sound too, but it's due to the vocoder and belongs to "that"

Maybe it helps you
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2014, 07:38

[Dramatic Voiceover]Meanwhile, at the Tubular Net Lyrics section...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you do when your falling, you've got 30 degrees and {you're} stalling out
And its 24 miles to the beacon
{T]here's a crack in the sky and the {warning's} out

{You're} a prisoner of the dark sky
The propeller blades are still
And the evil eye of the hurricane's
Coming in now for the kill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grammatical corrections and one stylistic suggestion.  It won't stop all confusion - I'm damned if I've ever isolated anyone singing anything at the beginning, but I've assumed that "falling" was verified by someone.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
2 replies since Nov. 04 2014, 07:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net