Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Firebeings World & Volcano World (Unofficial)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2006, 17:29

Firebeings World (Unofficial)

in order to get to their world, but to fly free while the firebeings quietly wait for u by the ringheads, shoot rings from far distance to the middle ringhead of this set of three

when u are there, apart from the daliphants under a beautiful blue sky, u might find a huge obelisk. this was using version 1.2f.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 01 2006, 15:26

I've got version 1.3, and I found the obelisk myself a while ago. It looks like the obelisk is nothing else but the huge 'thing' that  the Daliphant carries on his back... momentarily detached from there.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: May 02 2006, 18:31

yes, u are right ugo, both the obelisk and the daliphant's *jockey* have got similar shapes, but getting close to the obelisk in the firebeings world, it's amazing to realise how much bigger and detailed it is. i've posted a picture in the gallery.
obelisk

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2006, 11:37

There are several other good reasons for visiting Firebeings World:

1. Together with Ants World, it's the easiest of all the 'unofficial' worlds to reach. You don't have to run away or anything - just stand well back from the ringhead when you shoot.

2. The colours are beautiful in the Firebeings' evening light. Everything, no matter how familiar, looks different. Even the plants seem to glow quietly.

3. You can of course go anywhere because there are no barriers - you can go out to the daliphants, or even to the moon.

4. I think that apart from Snowy Owl's world, it's the only unofficial world where you can have music playing as often as you like. Just fly near to the ringheads (not too near, or the firebeings will appear and carry you off to the island and break the spell) and the beautiful firebeing music will start playing.
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2007, 17:46

Volcano World (Unofficial)

The first thing to do is to enter the volcano. Just enter, or shoot something, to the middle ringhead in this set (marked as "7" in the map), and let the firebeings take you to Tai-Chi island. In there, just find an arch with a fairy, and touch her. After a nice sequence (haven't you seen it yet? What are you waiting for?? ;) ) you'll end inside the volcano.

You'll notice that there's an invisible barrier in the hole from where you entered. To pass it, you just need to set full speed (pressing '3' ), and run to it. Notice that, if you start running, or continue to press the left mouse button, above some height, you'll end running slower. So you'll have to start running from, more or less, the ground of the volcano, and then just release the button when you've reached max velocity. You'll collide with the barrier, but will end above it, so just go up to exit.

At first, the only thing to see here is an infinite black space, and an odd view of the volcano. But if you search carefully, you'll find that some elements of the main world are still there. To find them easily, just position yourself like in this image and then look up slowly. You should be able to spot a little white dot in the left half of the screen, probably sparkling while you move the view. Just go where it is, and you will see that it's the flying saucer. And if you look around from there, you can find more things (notice that the only things that remain visible from the distance are the volcano and the flying saucer). To be able to see more stuff, just go to the place where you've found something, and look around again.

This is what I've found so far: the flying saucer, the two ringhead hills, the wishing well, a set of crystals, a piano, a ring of mushrooms and some trees. Don't forget to add here anything else you find!

Some images here.

Original discoverer of Volcano World: Colin (The Thin Man).
Thanks to Andreas (a_r_schulz) for informing about the landscape elements.
Thanks to Ron (14al) for the clue about an easy way to escape from the volcano.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2007, 18:59

@ María: I just made a very, very nice trip into Firebeings World, where I said hello to a Daliphant. :) But I couldn't manage to find the obelisk... is it always in the same place as in the 'regular' world [i.e. where the airship is, when playing 'normally'] or has it moved somewhere else? If the latter is the case, where did it go? :O

@ Trinidad: I also made it to Volcano World. Wonderful at first sight, but maybe a little bit too black for my tastes. :) Maybe if I visit it together with someone else, next time, I'll feel less lonely within it...
By the way: judging by how I got into Volcano World, it just looks like there is no barrier at all at the top of the volcano. You just hurry up the shaft at top speed, push the brake a little [just a little!! :D] when you're very near the top, and voilà, you're out, and into Volcano World. If you do this, you don't actually bump into a barrier. At least I didn't. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 04:20

Ugo, María... could I make a suggestion?

If we use the Tr3s Lunas Guide threads for this sort of discussion, we'll gradually destroy it. It will become so full of  queries and comments that people won't be able to find the information they want among the general chat. I'm sure the answer is just to keep these threads clear of discussion.

Do you think you could copy these last two posts above into a general Tr3s Lunas thread somewhere else (I can't do it properly myself), so that we can delete them from here?
This section would seem to be the place for it, I think.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 05:21

@ Alan: sorry. :) I thought this was very strictly related to a topic that was mentioned in the Guide, that's why I posted it here.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 06:53

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 22 2007, 10:21)
I thought this was very strictly related to a topic that was mentioned in the Guide, that's why I posted it here.

You're right Ugo -it is intimately linked in terms of topic. But I think this kind of discussion needs to happen somewhere else in the first place - and then, if something new emerges from it - we can add the new stuff to the Guide.

I may be being unneccessarily interventionist here - my apologies if it seems like that. I'm just trying to preserve the structure of the Guide as (as far as possible) a concise source of information (as outlined  here), with actual discussions going on elsewhere. I'm not sure I'm being very clear, really. The point is that we never intended the Guide to be a discussion forum. It would be too difficult to manage it, like that, and in any case there are loads of other places to do it.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 09:30

I should add that I had actually begun to add to the discussion myself, when I realised where we were having it, stopped, and thought: 'just a minute - what are we doing here?'

Anyway - could you set it up again somewhere else, please? - and then we can carry on talking about it (which is really what we want to be doing) and then we can delete this.
Profile PM 
9 replies since April 30 2006, 17:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net