Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: finale solo on part 1 and FATC solo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 05 2002, 14:08

does anybody else see the similarities between these two solos? they're both intense and hard and crazy and each have a big epic ending. and also they're very fun to listen to when u turn it up! biggrin

come to think of it...Ommadawn and TBIII have kind of the same emotional feel thoughout the albums. and they each also have a single song. i mean...they dont have the same style but the sound is very alike.

and didnt i hear somewhere that the drums at the end of Ommadawn part 1 were used on FATC?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 05 2002, 16:25

Don't know about any corellation between Ommadawn and TB3, but i know that the same guitar riff was used for TB3 in the finale as was in TB1's finale (only TB3's is sped up quite a bit)

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 2002, 05:17

Yes, the drums at the end of Ommadawn were used during far Above the Clouds. Both the Ommadawn ending are FATC are amazing endings, really intense, and they do have the same feel.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 12 2002, 14:17

I think there is a deliberate connection. He does use similar patterns of notes in places and it does share the same kind of feel. There's also the fact that he places the Ommadawn Part One drums underneath (as meentioned by raven), and uses Clodagh Simmonds's voice - I'd say that's evidence that he was looking to create an Ommadawn feel with that finale.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 28 2003, 21:29

Maybe that's why everyone loves FATC or maybe even the whole TB3 album as much as they do. A LOT of fans love Ommadawn more than any other album. Maybe that's part of the reason behind TB3's success?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since May 05 2002, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net