[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Finale, The group project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Crises Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 14:51

Quote (Korgscrew @ Nov. 02 2003, 17:33)
Someone else liked it too...

Hi,

I sent the mp3 file to Mike and he really liked it... He was very impressed by it...
One of his suggestions, because what you've done is really good, is for you to create your own composition.

He would be very interested to listen to what you can all create.

I personally also thought that it was very good... You must all have done so much work and spent lots of time on it... Congratulations

Best Wishes

Fanny Oldfield

How about it boys ;)

*Grabs bass*

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 15:11

yes...really good feedback :)
but I would be really curious what his other suggestions are/were :)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
DBZLuisD Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 15:52

Yes i know... but in the Orkester reffill for reason comes a very good glockenspiel sond.. try it :P

--------------
I'm not "Guilty"
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 16:03

Quote (DBZLuisD @ Nov. 02 2003, 21:52)
Yes i know... but in the Orkester reffill for reason comes a very good glockenspiel sond.. try it :P

man! I am proud that every single sound I used was created by myself only! I don't wanna use any factory bank sounds blah at them... :P

you can't sound original then

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 16:30

Lots & lots & lots & lots & lots of congrats to you all from one who regrets not having been able to actually be in there.
:)

P.S.: Korgscrew, thanx for the magic.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 19:28

I never underestimated any of your musical skills, but to tell you the truth I never expected it to sound as good as this.

Good job guys, congrats and cudos to all.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 22:22

I'm up for creating something original...but I don't think I can do it with anyone else but a good friend of mine. We're like one mind when it comes to music. However he's a province away so I'll have to do it myself.

Relax, Booster. Everyone has their own opinions :). I could care less if someone hated my work.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
DBZLuisD Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 23:28

The be original is not the instrumet that you use, because ther is a lots of real instrument that plays mike oldfield and plays another artist, and this is not be "unoriginal", i belive that you composicion and the way that you uses your recourses is the best way to be original.
And don't be angry please ;)

--------------
I'm not "Guilty"
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 01:02

hmm sorry :/
I was in real angry mood and I know it doesn't apologize me...
so...sorry

--------------
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 04:44

I'm writing this as the mp3 is downloading, so I haven't heard it yet. I'd just like to say that this project, even though I have no musical skills whatsoever and so could not be a part of it, has shown me how complex a simple sounding piece of music can be. Seeing how many different tracks are needed to make up the final song, and having it take many months for a short section, I can imagine how hard it would be to make a full album like this! You have all done really well to produce such a track. I also like the way that the project went from "wouldn't it be cool to do this" to "OK I'll do bass, you can do...." within only a couple of posts. All the musicians have worked very hard on this. Well done!

OK, now I'm listening to the mp3, and it sounds great. It's all very professionally done. All the playing is first rate, and it's great to hear it finally complete.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 04:53

Guys, I was too late to participate in this project, but I would be very interested in co-developing a new composition. I've done some things before but I find it hard to compose something entirely new by myself and I do find I'm inspired by what others do.

Just to give an idea: this is an older one I did: Silk Sunsets

I suggest we create a new forum and decide on style, instrument use and whatever we want. Maybe we should also not commit ourselves to one song as some people may like one style better than the other.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 05:04

I've got my own music projects for now, and now that I started working in the afternoon, I won't have that much time (and/or Inspiration TM) to work on music. But I think it would be fun to work in a project like this. I'm only a so-so keyboardist, and I don't trust that much in my playing. But I'm quite good at songwriting and MIDI authoring. If there's a void space, someone missing, hey, I could give a small contribution, if you don't mind.

It would be great if this group project works as a launch pad for bigger things. Indeed, endings are just beginnings!

And about the "I sent the MP3 to Mike" thing... :O Cool... Great job! :cool:

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 16:04

Well Guys, you produced a thing of beauty - greater than the sum of it's parts.

I followed the thread for ages waiting for this, and although I knew it would be good technically, i wondered about the whole not "gelling".

So, from us non-musicians - get on to the next one please!
:)

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 16:19

Just had a thought -

the obvious dream now would be for Mike to provide a simple theme, maybe from his out-takes, for you guys to build on and around.

a sort of "Unfinished Bells"

good luck

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2003, 17:25

iv'e not heard it yet, but to get that response from the man himself must have made it all worth while, i'll download it soon, but i dont think opinions count anymore not with fanny and mike liking it....................what more can people say? lol  :D  :cool:

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 06:55

Quote (bugular tell @ Nov. 03 2003, 23:25)
but i dont think opinions count anymore not with fanny and mike liking it....................what more can people say? lol  :D  :cool:

no mate, and now I hope I speak for all of the team...
every single comment makes us a bit happier :)
each one is appreciated :)

--------------
Profile PM 
c_haese Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 08:38

This remake is indeed an amazing piece of work. It's close enough to the original to be totally recognizable, yet different enough to be uniquely interesting. Well done! And thanks, Richard, for correcting Mike's mistake in the double-speed guitar :)

I'd also like to thank you guys for making an Ogg Vorbis version available. In my opinion, mp3 doesn't do Mike's music justice, and I think it's a pity that the majority of fan tracks are only available in mp3.

Thanks, and best regards,

Carsten Haese
Xiph.org Foundation Ogg Traffic editor (and Mike Oldfield fan)
http://www.vorbis.com/ot/
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 09:10

The whole project has been an example of building bridges, and having built one that reaches as far as Mike's door is certainly the icing on the cake. I think it could be of advantage to people on both sides if it was a bridge that was used a bit more often, though I also think it's one to be used with care.

I'm thinking about the group composition. It would need careful co-ordination, and it wouldn't be at all easy, but it can be done. It would be a good thing to do, and I'd be happy to help oversee it, but I'd also like to let the dust settle for a bit. There are lots of possibilities...

I think really, the absolute best thing would be if this could encourage lots of people to have a go at creating new music, either together or on their own. I think Mike would be extremely pleased to see that he'd inspired people to go out and work on really high quality music (as can already be seen from some of the offerings in the fan music section here). It's certainly good to see the fan music area being somewhere that musicians and composers can not only air their own work, but share ideas and inspire each other. I hope the seeds sown by this project continue to grow.

Thanks to everyone who's commented so far, not least to Mike and Fanny, whose support is very much appreciated.
Profile PM 
Chic
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 10:01

I like the sound alot guys. :D
Crises Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2003, 11:24

Well i'd love to do a group-composition but it takes one person to stand out and get it organised...in the meantime i've started another group project on a part in Crises (3:49 - 5:44) so anyone whos interest...go to the tread in the discussion forum :)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
103 replies since Oct. 31 2003, 10:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net