Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Feature in El Dominical< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 24 2008, 21:04

Spanish Sunday magazine El Dominical ran a two page feature on Mike yesterday.

Perhaps his most interesting revelation in the article is how he originally considered using electric guitar on the album, but felt it didn't fit.

You can find scans at mikeoldfieldblog.com

Muchas gracias, David of mikeoldfieldblog.com
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 04:40

:) Ouf ! So , we can say he always loves electric guitars ! A good thing !  :)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 09:57

I'm glad that Mike has done the best choice to not to use electric guitars on MOTS,I can't imagine him playing them the way the album has got its current shape,with full orchestra and choir.

For me it would have sounded like a symphonic rock album than a classical one,falling into those all recycled ideas that now Mike is really against regarding rock music...those type of albums are too 70's...and Mike has done something similar before on Exposed.Leave those ideas in the past,please,new and progressive stuff are always welcome!

If there's a chance to hear a rockier version of MOTS,then the PRS is perfect to do the job,as well as other guitars.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since Mar. 24 2008, 21:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net