Tubular Bells (Part 2) 5  [31.25%]
Guilty 3  [18.75%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Favourite track?, Yes - another poll< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
trcanberra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 09 2008, 22:32

As others have noted, an excellent live album.  I am generally not a great fan of live albums - but have been won over by the excellent sound and quality of playing on this one.

It was a difficult choice, but I plumped for Tubular Bells Part 2 - this part has never been one of my favourites among Mike's work - but it sounds great here.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 04 2008, 13:40

Ancient topic but i'd agree.Lent someone this and he said asked  who the guitarist was!Blindingly good solo!!!

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 04 2008, 16:57

I'm not positive, but I think the man doing that great rhythm playing was a fella who also worked with Al Stewart......Tim "something". I think that climactic dual guitar part is one of the best I ever heard in my life. The video version of that guitar solo on the Gibson SG is quite different from the LP I got in 1979( an included free LP with "Airborne/Platinum") which is my fav. version.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ommadawn69 Offline

Posted: July 05 2008, 18:47

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 04 2008, 16:57)
I'm not positive, but I think the man doing that great rhythm playing was a fella who also worked with Al Stewart......Tim "something". I think that climactic dual guitar part is one of the best I ever heard in my life. The video version of that guitar solo on the Gibson SG is quite different from the LP I got in 1979( an included free LP with "Airborne/Platinum") which is my fav. version.
Jim

You are thinking of Tim Renwick. And yes Tim did play with Al Stewart. But Tim didn't tour with Mike during this tour. The guitarists helping Mike on the Exposed live tour was Phil Beer (the one who also did some vocals on Guilty) and the other one who did a great solo during the concert is Nico Ramsden.

--------------
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheAlternativeMikeOldfieldGroup/
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 05 2008, 19:21

Cool.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 05 2008, 19:46

The rockier moments on Tubular Bells Part 1 rules!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since May 09 2008, 22:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net