Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: favourite scene from movie< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 08:47

This is also an addition to the "any opinions" form question. My favourite song from The Killing Fields is "Evacuation" because of that really cool, low frightening Fairlight Sound.

And the scene where "Evacuation" is used in the movie is my favourite scene! Everytime I see it the volume goes up! wink And the way it is filmed is so cool...

Also, (in addition to other questions) you can hear in the movie that "Evacuation" is edited in the soundtrack. In the movie, the beginning of "Evacuation" is a lot longer than the soundtrack version. But that's usually with movie soundtracks. The director gets hours of music, and they mix that for the movie, and the artist does another mix for the soundtrack.

"Evacuation" is so frighting that I used it for one of my movies (horror movie) wink
And I love mixing the music, so I created the same long intro as done in the movie.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 23:49

I think the scene with The Boy's Burial/Pran Sees The Red Cross, when the climax accompanies Pran looking down the hill and seeing The Red Cross building and therefore a chance to live, is very powerful - although it seems to have been edited badly (the boy dying is dealt with very briefly and we are not given time for it to sink in).

I did think the very end with John Lennon's Imagine was highly inappropriate. 'Imagine no possessions'. The people of Cambodia didn't need to imagine that, did they?

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 21 2003, 13:14

I don't feel that Imagine quite fits the mood either. I guess it was picked for its message of peace, world unity and so on. I don't find it musically appropriate, though - I would have preferred it to return to something of Mike's (a more understated version of the major-key variation on Pran's theme which underscores the red cross scene, perhaps).

As for 'imagine no posessions', I think the Communist Khmer Rouge would have liked that line - certainly not quite the thing for the end of the film...
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2005, 16:03

Imagine for me spoilt the end of this movie, it was a powerful enough scene itself when the two freind's where re-united without playing out  to a juke box tear jerker, for me the scene should have been given to etude.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Feb. 04 2002, 08:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net