Molly 2  [1.92%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Favorite QE2 Track< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 03:01

Molly disarms me and with its tenderness - it's powerful!

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 04:38

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 25 2010, 18:42)
Quote (The Caveman @ Jan. 25 2010, 12:57)
Molly.Simple as you like but bloody lovely.

Wot? Not "Celt"? Just for that I'm going to tell you that The Wiggles have just won an Order of Australia! (Hot potato, hot potato....)

Thank you yet again for reminding me of The F*cking Wiggles (that's their full name by the way).It was a long time ago.My daughter is now 13!!!!
 Yeah Celt is lovely as well.The guitar solo is wonderful and always manages to lift my mood in much the same way as QE2 the track does for smillsoid.But there's something about Molly that does it for me.Perhaps it's something to do with the subject matter (his daughter)and me having become a dad so young.Tug at the old heart strings and all that.It's very much like a lullaby.
 I'd have to agree that if anything it is too short but as it is it's perfectly formed.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 09:17

Quote (SunkenForest @ Jan. 25 2010, 23:35)
 I feel like it could have benefited from a slightly more extended cut, or maybe a variation on theme.

I feel like I would like to hear a MO album in the vein of this song -

Yes, you can almost hear it continuing on in your mind after it stops.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 09:19

Quote (The Caveman @ Jan. 26 2010, 04:38)
Thank you yet again for reminding me of The F*cking Wiggles (that's their full name by the way).It was a long time ago.My daughter is now 13!!!!
 Yeah Celt is lovely as well.The guitar solo is wonderful and always manages to lift my mood in much the same way as QE2 the track does for smillsoid.But there's something about Molly that does it for me.Perhaps it's something to do with the subject matter (his daughter)and me having become a dad so young.Tug at the old heart strings and all that.It's very much like a lullaby.
 I'd have to agree that if anything it is too short but as it is it's perfectly formed.

Ha ha - The Wiggles were on the news tonight, and I was surprised to learn that the surname of one of them was "Fat"!!

One trouble I have with "Molly" is the name. It unavoidably conjures up for me connotations of a certain infamous Australian music guru who is renowned for his um's and aah's, and whom I find about as annoying as you find the Wiggles!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 09:54

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 26 2010, 09:19)
One trouble I have with "Molly" is the name. It unavoidably conjures up for me connotations of a certain infamous Australian music guru who is renowned for his um's and aah's, and whom I find about as annoying as you find the Wiggles!

You could argue that every track on here has a dodgy name -"Sheba"  is the name of a scruffy cat I used to have.

Come to think of it some of our usernames are dodgy too - I mean why did I chose Wiga when it sounds like wiggles?  :/

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 09:59

Look guys can we please not mention wiggles in any context ever again?!It makes me feel ill and i then have annoying songs in my head all afternoon!Lol. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
SunkenForest Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 13:02

Quote (wiga @ Jan. 26 2010, 09:54)
You could argue that every track on here has a dodgy name -"Sheba"  is the name of a scruffy cat I used to have.

Nothing's more dodgy than "The Doge's Palace" on MB!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 13:55

Yes, who's Doge?

Is it short for Douglas, or Douglas Fairbanks  - he played a damn good Robin Hood and a Musketeer.

--------------
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 18:52

Quote (SunkenForest @ Jan. 26 2010, 05:35)
I feel like I would like to hear a MO album in the vein of this song - a simple, creative, well-played collection of guitar lullabies.  It wouldn't be the most unique or memorable work of his, but I feel like it would be well-received... even if there would be a lot of initial complaining.

I think some would argue that Mike did that already with Voyager. :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 19:24

Quote (wiga @ Jan. 26 2010, 13:55)
Yes, who's Doge?

Is it short for Douglas, or Douglas Fairbanks  - he played a damn good Robin Hood and a Musketeer.

Hi Wiga, the Doge is the title of the chief magistrate of Venice.

As for your name - and putting on my Freudian hat here - you've already told us that you were in this forum as Tayniee. "Wiga" suggests "a wig" - a disguise.

Caveman: your wish is my command. Never again shall I mention the Wiggles here. Rest assured that "hot potato, hot potato" will not emanate from my keyboard!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2010, 03:45

Mm - the chief magistrate of Venice :)  

On the subject, what are "Broad Sunlit Uplands?"

Nightspore - yes, that's a good Freudian interpretation - a "wig" being a disguise. To be honest I was hoping someone would find me - Tayniee's and Wiga's views are one and the same, although Wiga has more of a sober disposition.

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2010, 04:24

@Wiga.. I seem to remember you posting "where`s Tayniee"? or something like that in a thread once,and it did kind of click for me at the time I must admit.I think I just forgot about it after that though,dammit if I was`nt gonna` mention it as well.I`ve often thought about having a different user name here.But there`d be so many stray apostrophes,and oddball sentance construction.I`d probably last about three posts max!

Anyway back t` thread..I`ve gone for the popular vote it seems and Taurus 1.It`s also my favourite Taurus..Difficult choice though QE2 & Taurus.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2010, 05:33

Quote (wiga @ Jan. 27 2010, 03:45)

On the subject, what are "Broad Sunlit Uplands?"

They're just flat expanses of mountains above the cloud level.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 10 2010, 04:30

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 27 2010, 10:24)
Caveman: your wish is my command. Never again shall I mention the Wiggles here. Rest assured that "hot potato, hot potato" will not emanate from my keyboard!

You must have just been talking about this thread :)  :)  :)
Qe2 for me hands down, classic.
Profile PM 
Drealm Offline

Posted: May 10 2010, 20:56

QE2 is not only my favorite track on the album, but my favorite track from Mike (beside long compositions, of course). So my vote was for it.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 11 2010, 09:11

I ended up with QE2 as well, though Taurus I and Sheba came close second and third. Been listening to this album quite a bit recently. Lots to like!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 11 2010, 09:31

My favourites are QE2, Celt, and the two cover versions. The others are OK, but I sometimes skip them.
Profile PM 
Chris Ibberson Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2011, 05:12

"Wonderful Land", by a very long distance. Celt and Taurus are very good. I am as disappointed with this album now as I was when I first bought it.

--------------
Diana Luna Lucina
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2011, 16:16

Today I am voting for "Arrival" - because it's a great anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAsqaKV1xPg&feature=related

--------------
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2011, 20:37

Back on page 1, many years ago I voted for QE2, but now I'd like to chnage my  mind and go for Confilict.

I guess as I get older i like simpler things, or mayne my brain can't cope with the complicated stuff. Just give it a good solid drum and guitar riff.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
62 replies since May 21 2004, 18:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net