Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: fav track< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DD Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 19 2002, 14:30

oh my.. has that been confirmed? (CD2 release)
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: June 19 2002, 22:28

Favorite track : Daydream

And as for chillout, I'm oldfashioned, I stil relax...

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 20 2002, 21:32

all i know is that mike signed a 3-album deal with warner music spain for 2 chill out albums and the tubular bells remake. the first chillout cd being called Tr3s Lunas. even in the cd jacket it says "Music VR 1st Episode: Tr3s Lunas" which tells me (i dont know abot you) that there will be another chill out album with another cd with second episode of Music VR called something other than 'Tr3s Lunas'

if its not true they would at least have said that on the website. im wondering why everyone thinks that a second album is very in the 'ify' stages. they said 2 chill out albums and the tubular bells remake. why are ppl doubting?

if im wrong or have misinterpreted or have gotten untrue or unreliable information, please tell me. but if its true, why are you worrying?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 20 2002, 22:47

A second chillout album was indeed mentioned at the time that Mike signed his current contract with Warner, and it still seems pretty definite.

Less definite is a second episode of Music VR, which as far as I'm aware will depend on the success of episode 1.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 25 2002, 12:44

i hope a second episode is made.....id like to see what else is in MOs imagination..

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
gargar Offline

Posted: July 04 2002, 11:26

turtle island. i love most of the trucks but this one is above all. i really like how the guitars intertwined together at the end :)
Profile PM 
timshen
Unregistered

Posted: July 04 2002, 11:37

My favorite on the album is the title track, Tr3s Lunas - I love the guitar work and overall feel of it.

My absolute fave of all is the Owl Cavern Music on Tres Lunas 2 (That Brandon Blume mixed and can be downloaded in the forum - 15 unreleased tracks). I hope this is brought out in more fullness on the second Chill-out album with some of the other excellent music (such as the seagull to island music and the sprite dance sequence). :cool:
tubularbills Offline

Posted: July 06 2002, 14:58

I finally got it!!! So i'm a little slow with the times, but i'm from the USA and mike oldfield doesn't exist in the USA as we all know.

anyway, this album is realllllllly awesome! It's not some wimpy, wussy, pansy "new age" crap that i guess quite a few people thought it was going to be. new age music is (IMO) very lame, slow, often just music that doesn't go anywhere.

But this album has power, emotion, bass, and more than just plain simple crap. it's very intricate and goes way beyond what i would consider "new age". i'm not sure if i would call it "chill out" music. it kind of is...but then i can picture myself driving to it as well.

Along with his other albums, i really like the beginning and the ending. my fav. track is Misty (the very first one), but i like NoMansLand and Return to the Origin as well (2nd, 3rd tracks).

ThouArtInHeaven is really neat, but i'm not too fond of the way the saying is said. it's too slow i think. Sirius really makes you feel like your on the moon. very cool. And the reprise of NML is cool. i thought the ending would be a little more intense, but a subtler one i guess fits the mood of the album.

I really enjoy this album, and i think i'm going to go listen to it again :) but i have to say i'm not a fan of ToBeFree. ugh. something about it...i'm not sure what..but i don't really like it. it's not bad (i've heard worse), but it's not on a favorite list.

This is definately a cool album, and i'm lookin forward to the next one.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: July 06 2002, 15:06

OH! and i really think the saxaphone (i'm not sure if it's a real one or a guitar sounding one) is AWESOME. it's great! it fits with this album so great. i know there were a few people that didn't like it, but i think it's great. i hope he continues w/ it.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Viper
Unregistered

Posted: July 10 2002, 22:37

My fave is VIPER (I think that I'm the only one).
TOBY Offline

Posted: July 11 2002, 16:03

No you're not the only one. I think Viper is the best piece of music he has made in bloody ages. Simple structure, great set of melodies all building  up to the end. Its what he used to be ( and as demonstrated here obviously still capable of doing ) a genius at. And that vocoder sound reminds me of his early eighties stuff. Mabey the beat could be a bit more subtle and I will go to my grave wishing he had extended the guitar solo at the end, why oh why does he end it just as you think its about to soar into an amazing solo. Fantastic all the same. Classic Oldfield I love it. :)
Profile PM 
Chris Conway
Unregistered

Posted: July 18 2002, 03:01

Tres Lunas came out in Australia on Monday!!!

I think it's great... and I am very much impressed. I think it's the best album since TSODE, particularly for the fact that I like every single track. Even the average tracks have a pleasant air to them.

Misty - I think is excellent. The electric saxophone works very well, and is a refreshing change.

No Man's Land - Definitely one of the best tracks, particularly for the guitar melody.

Return to the Origin - Very much in the style of TSODE/TB2. Nevertheless, despite liking this style, I don't think it's particularly original or exciting, but nonetheless pleasant.

Landfall - Short and sweet. The melody is almost exactly the same as an excerpt from his album Crises.

Viper - Very nice track. I like the piano.

Turtle Island - Well, it's nice and all. And it has character, but I don't think it even comes close to some of the other tracks.

To Be Free - Nice. A bit like Sunlight Shining Through Cloud, only much much better. In this genre, Mike has obviously improved dramatically.

Firefly - The most boring track in my opinion, but pleasant enough.

Tres Lunas - Pretty cool. One of the better tracks, for the guitar.

Daydream - Once again, pleasant... more like background music.

Thou art in heaven - I really love it. It's like something from that Craig Armstrong album "The Space Between Us". I think the strings work well, and the saxophone solo is breathtaking.

Sirius - My favourite track. The sound effects have been put to magnificent use (in my own humble opinion). I think Mike has failed in terms of sound effects for several years... The best use being on TSODE. They go so well here though, giving this track an ultimate atmosphere. It is so much better than the free clip suggested. I love the voices (Amar), the bass sequence, the guitar solo... and the saxophone comes in late in the track with awesome style... i almost feel like it is trying to say something... giving me a feeling of inevitability

NML Reprise - My 2md favourite track. The best guitar solos on the album, and the saxophone is once again utilised amazingly. The two work well together, to give a unique atmosphere. Shame it couldn't have been a bit longer! :-)

Just my ideas,
Chris.
jedweb Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 04:34

It makes a nice change in Poland to not have to wait till everybody else gets sth before it gets here! Well done MO  :)
As for the album? Def the best since TSODE... (the music was better than the book, don't you think?), maybe not a masterpiece, but hey... chill out, man!
The game isn't a game say some... (!!!;) It was never meant to be an ordinary game with some kind of goal... just enjoy the atmosphere, the ambience, the colours, and the chuckles... I even see myself flying around such landscapes (which so wonderfully still leave a lot to the imagination) before falling asleep, or even when trying to do some work on the compute (then not so welcome!;).
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 05:17

Tres Lunas is out in Australia, Chris? Where?!!
Profile PM WEB 
Luca Carrafiello
Unregistered

Posted: July 18 2002, 11:31

Tr3s Lunas won't become my prefer Oldfield's production, and I don't see the so-called similarity with the fantastic TSODE album...
Nevertheless, I immediately loved a couple of tracks:

Return to the Origin: those 7 notes had taken me out of mind, wonder I'd sung them for hours since Gaia, my jobmate, screamed at me her tremendous "Stoooooooopiiiit!". This track transmits the melancholiness produced when you had left the partyplace and are direct to the beach, listening music in distance...love it! :laugh:

Firefly: yes, a very nice track, but less banal than you can wonder, 'coz there are little crescendo really well done...the typical track you want to listen to when your little baby sleeps in your arms. :zzz:
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 14:29

Tr3s Lunas (the album) will never be one of my fav's. I have it about a month now and I listened to it only a few times... :/
favorit tracks:
Misty (except the sax-guitar)
Tres Lunas

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Chris Conway
Unregistered

Posted: July 20 2002, 02:35

I picked up the only copy in HMV melbourne on Monday, but you can order it at HMV or gaslight, and it will take 2 weeks to get here. Gaslight is probably cheaper, as they order through the internet.

Has anyone else noticed that Tres Lunas has divided opinions like no other. There seems to be absolutely no consensus as to which tracks are the best... in fact, I reckon every single one has been mentioned as a potential favourite... strangely enough except for the single!

One thing most of us agree on is this:

Tres Lunas rocks!!!

But I heard that the MVR2 clips are even better than Tres Lunas... if this is the case, I am VERY excited about the sequel album! Can anyone tell me where to find the clips?

Chris (theunistudent@hotmail.com)

Posted: July 22 2002, 12:12

i think whoever said that actually meant Tr3s Lunas 2 which is a cd full of the music on MVR that isnt on the album already that i made. http://www.connceptual.com/mo

but if not i want to hear these MVR2 clips too!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2002, 17:58

NoMansLand is my fave track - it was only released in the UK yesterday and I managed to get hold of a copy so this is an early choic after a handful of listens.

I must say that the whole album is instantly catchy and a fine example of MO's melodic streak, very similar to TSODE.

Cheers,

T4

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
ally Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2002, 08:10

The whole album is fantastic, and the best for me: No Man´s Land, Thou Art in Heaven, Tr3s Lunas... :)
Profile PM 
80 replies since May 17 2002, 15:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net