Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: fav track< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2002, 06:35

Well, what can I say. Haven't listen to the whole album more than twice and I like it, I really do. But I think that the comp (everything except the melody) sometimes sounds very much the same. You here that backgroundmusic and its the same the whole song through wich I think make them quite boring sometimes. We'll se what I think efter a few listenings. My favourite track defenetly is Tr3s Lunas. Its a wonderful peace of work.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: June 08 2002, 19:49

return to the origin, no man's land and sirius are very cool too

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: June 09 2002, 01:56

I love'm all!:))))

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
DD Offline

Posted: June 12 2002, 14:54

I bought the album yesterday and I've been playing it ever since. I like the general feel to it.
I can't get away from Thou Art In Heaven which is my fav track so far. I love the sound of the voice and the touch of Old English, and the way it's pronounced. Love it!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 13 2002, 06:51

let´s see...the whole album is great...fav tunes...
Landfall
Viper
Misty
Tr3s Lunas
To Be Free
Sirius
No Mans Land

I really can´t describe my feelings regarding to those tracks...fabulous!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: June 14 2002, 16:44

Buy Tr3s Lunas Yep wish I could That list on the home page depicting chart positions its available everywhere except ENGLAND probably available at the corner shop at the North pole no doubt Grrrrr this is a piss take isnt it....Who knows if Mikes sales machine tried a bit harder and Mike did SOME concerts in the UK some freebies too Ludlow festival and bigger folk venues etc this would all help.His sales and popularity may hopefully increase.Come on Mike try and reclaim your Homeland .
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 14 2002, 19:36

They're apparently available in (at least some) HMV stores in the UK. I believe the price I saw quoted was £17.99. Don't ask me what I think about that...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 14 2002, 23:03

Hiya.
Well I guess the £17.99 is about right at this stage in the UK it should have a label on it saying import.Probably wont have additional material on it however.This sounds a bit of a scam on the distribution and or shops part.Guess we just wait.....(sigh)Well atleast we can touch,stroke fondle it.... oops sorry ,well its the frustration of waiting for goodness sakes.LOL.
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 15 2002, 11:13

....and the record company's wonder why the likes of AudioGalaxy are so popular!
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 15 2002, 12:59

Hello There.
I suppose this is personal curiosity.Does any one know the actual fact(s) regarding the month long delay of the release of Tres Lunas for fans from or living in the UK.Or the leaving out of the UK as I seem to see it.Any theories about this anyone?

Unregistered

Posted: June 15 2002, 13:10

It says "Chill Out", but it would freeze an allready cool ice cube to 0 K with its bad music... Most songs are incredibly boring, nothing happens at all. They start out with a short tune and then they stick with it...

I'm VERY disappointed, I did imagine something like TB3 but got TSODE without everything that makes TSODE great, and Mike even had the bad taste to include a unplayable game with it...
Thomas Andersson Offline

Posted: June 15 2002, 14:37

I've been listening to Tr3s Lunas quite a lot the past few days, and it's not growing on me (yet), but I'm not fed up with it either. Perhaps that's a good sign..

I can't name a favourite track though. They're all... nice. Well, almost all. Too be free (both versions) are horrible.

HORRIBLE mad
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: June 15 2002, 21:37

has anyone really thought about that...should chill out music even go anywhere? cos' someones are saying the album doesn't go anywhere. it's not not ment to be progressive music...or is it?

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 16 2002, 08:39

hey everybody i just got TL in the mail Wednesday i think.....i love this album. i was a bit dissapointed with Thou Art in Heaven cuz i thought it would be more like the original (like in the game) with the powerful drums and stuff...oh well, i like it now.

and regarding theweightless' statement, i agree. this is not what mike usually does so everyone attempts to criticize it cuz its not like his other albums. and despite his apparently vain attempts to say again and again that this is a chill-out album for relaxing, ppl dont seem to get it. i dont think the music is supposed to go anywhere either. its a different style and has to be treated differently...it doesnt change and go to something bigger or smaller or different. its meant to keep one emotion going and it does build up in a way but in such a way that it stays the same at the same time.

id say this album is the complete opposite of Amarok (1 hour track that changes every 4 or 5 minutes and has its intense parts while TL has many tracks that keep playin the same thing and is calmer)

indeed this is not like Mike's other works and shouldnt be treated or looked at or listened to the same way as any of his other music.

im saying this as friendly as i can and am not trying to put anyone down or anything. everyone has their opinions. if you dont like it you dont like it. thats your taste. no one can change your taste. thats fine.

btw, im listening to To Be Free more and more and im sorry but im starting to really like the dumb song! smile

rock on..

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Andersson Offline

Posted: June 16 2002, 09:25

I agree, MusicallyInspired, this is not like Mike's older albums. But that goes for most of his releases, in my opinion; each one has a unique, distinct sound. That's one of the reason I like his music so much. Tr3s Lunas doesn't stand out from the rest a whole lot though, it sounds like a boring and uninspired TSODE.

As for this being what a chillout album should sound like, I don't agree. It doesn't sound like background music to me, yet it's not interesting enough for a close listening. It falls short, no matter what style I compare it to. I find my thoughts drifting away, while the music just becomes annoying. Good chillout music to me is Brian Eno, or Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works. That is extremely repetitive music, and the tracks hardly develop at all, but still it's soothing and interesting at the same time. Tr3s Lunas is not. In my opinion. wink

Oh, by the way, yesterday I accidently bought one of the greatest records ever recorded: Supertramp by Supertramp. Their first album. Amazing. I haven't felt like this about an album since TSODE, or Dark Side of the Moon.
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 16 2002, 10:57

I agree, but still what pisses me off is why he chose to rework cetain tracks from the game and not others. No mans land takes 6 mins to go nowhere slowly and could easily have been replaced by any number of better tunes from the game. Infact there are 1 or 2 pieces used in the game which, with the possible exception of Viper, are way better than any tracks on the album. As to why its release has been delayed here in the UK we can only asume they are trying to tie it in with articles in the music press. Just a theory.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 16 2002, 16:39

My favourite song on TresLunas is Sirius. Amazing song. All the songs on the cd is great. It is not yet anyways better than TSODE. That is still one of my favourite albums. Maybe after a few more listen to's. TAke care. Craig.
ommadawn69 Offline

Posted: June 16 2002, 16:47

Hello again, for some reason ommadawnca came up asw my member name. That is wrong, it is ommadawn69. Just to let everyone know. Craig.

--------------
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheAlternativeMikeOldfieldGroup/
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 17 2002, 17:10

Hiya everyone.
The problem is that this album on the whole is not chill out its about as chill out as a Tandori clay oven fired up in summer LOL.Its been billed as that but it clearly isn't its too involved for that,Agreed its not Mikes most developed work by far musically, but it was never intended to be.I agree some music featured in the game should have featured on the album.The rock blues work to name one example where the little owl flys up Mikes trouser leg is a stunning piece of modern Oldfield expression.Hey perhaps it will appear on the disc two if there is one?
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 18 2002, 22:02

there will be a second 'chill-out' cd, yes. like i said somewhere else, the end of No Man's Land Reprise gives me a very to-be-continued feeling and i cant wait to hear the second cd!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
80 replies since May 17 2002, 15:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net