They both suck 5  [7.25%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Fav Disc, Light or Shade< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Centaure Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 19 2005, 18:11

Tricky. I'd say Shade because of Surfing, Nightshade and Resolution but I like Our father on Light.

--------------
Have you seen the phantom in my dream? Be warned. Believe it.
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2005, 08:30

Definitely Shade. I've only listened to Light a few times but I always put Shade on first and have listened to Shade many more times. Love QS, Res, Surfing, TOAA, Ringscape and Lakme and Cook's Tune has just become my favourite :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: June 26 2007, 11:34

It was Shade to begin with, but in recent days I have begun to favour Light more, and I tend to overlook Shade. I think Light has some very moving tracks, most notably Blackbird and First Steps, IMO.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: July 20 2007, 19:13

Now...two years later, a couple of listenings and some distance to this "software" project L+S I have to say that I like both of the discs as much. I have equal as many favorites on each disc, those are:

Blackbird, Our Father, Sunset, Resolution, Slipstream and Tears Of An Angel.

And I'll bet my hat that it will stay this way for many years to come. :D
So now my "clear" view of this is set...I really hope that I don't have to eat it all up later on. :cool:

P.S. Romance is one of the cheapest, computer manufactured rubbish cover of an old Spanish melody that
allready has been a cover by Lill Lindfors (swedish vocalist -"Du är min ende") for aaages... :p

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2007, 19:08

I was checking my iTunes playcount stats, and it shows four of Shade's tracks at over 100 plays each. That's not counting the number of plays on my iPod. And I only got this album less than three months ago. Although I have my favorites, I love to listen straight through all of Shade, as well. One piece I didn't play much at first - "Ringscape" - has grown on me since playing the Tres Lunas game.  :)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
24 replies since Sep. 27 2005, 02:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net