Shadow on the Wall 2  [1.68%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Fav Crises Track< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
afghan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 11 2005, 06:07

Had to vote crises ,one of my fav mike compositions,the drum beats and guitar sounds are amazing. :D

--------------
may you never run aground or fall into the deep deep sound
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: June 11 2005, 18:33

It's the title track also for me, but besides the great lead guitar playing I also enjoy the bass lines very much. My favourite part is the vocal one just before The Watcher and the Tower but the whole is gorgeous.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2005, 11:27

IMHO anyone that doesn't say Crises must be joke voting  :(

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
ubik210486 Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 13:39

Crises and In High Places. No doubt about that.
But in this album all the tracks should be included in the category "Best tracks of Mike Oldfield".
Profile PM 
LivingForever Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2005, 09:54

How anyone could vote for anything other than 'Crises' is beyond me!  :D

Monlight Shadow, yeah, okay nice little song but doesn't really stack up to the title track!

James

--------------
http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Nov. 11 2005, 21:01

I didn't like Crises when I first heard it. It seemed like a pale duplicate of Five Miles Out. But my view moved on quickly. I like Crises. But I find the title piece winds me up, makes me feel tense, perhaps as it should. There is no doubt there is a homogenous style to this album that makes it feel more of a unity than Five Miles out. I prefer Taurus II to Crises, and Fives Miles out to Moonlight Shadow, and Mount Tiede to all of the shorter pieces, but Crises the album still has a greater warmth and symmetry to it as a whole album. He's a talented chap, this Mike Oldfield.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 15:59

Notice that this topic exists precisely 3 years today... and still only one vote for Shadow on the Wall
I love that one... (still I voted for Crises of course ;) )

Waiiiiiiiting hour by hour  :cool:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 19:56

Quote (Marky @ Nov. 12 2005, 03:01)
There is no doubt there is a homogenous style to this album that makes it feel more of a unity than Five Miles out.

It's interesting for me that you say this. I always though Five Miles Out a highly coherent album, owing to the distinctive arrangement and the special (cheerful) atmosphere. However, I feel Crises is nearly as coherent.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
The Man who is He.. Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 20:50

Not a fair question for me, but as an entire album it's great.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2006, 18:12

these days, i guess because of the contest that it's taking place in the polls section, i've felt like having a go to crises, partly to see whether i was wrong about 'in high places', and no - i'm not wrong. it's a song that after so many years continues to succeed in taking me to high places really..
i don't really like much jon anderson's voice, i prefer warmer voices, but imho it fits there. the song is a trip upwards and that voice is there like stretching to try to reach high. well, don't know, it's a feeling.
just decided i'll keep on trying to make 'in high places' continue on the contest list :D

but still, my most favourite is 'crises', definitely.. every single bit on it, the swinging moods, his power with the guitars, the drums.. it's crazy..
now off to 'the watcher and the tower' section.. this is great..

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2006, 19:47

Tricky poll!

I tend to prefer Mike's longer instrumental pieces to his lyrical songs, so I should've voted for Crises by rights...

But I just love In High Places - so minimal - almost zenlike in its simplicity and beauty, that I'm one of the few that voted for that one :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Moonwing_Shadow Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 18:24

Despite one of my all time fave singers being on In High Places... ;) ...I'm gonna have to go with Foreign Affair

--------------
I'd rather be on Dragonback
Profile PM WEB 
MyCoalField Offline

Posted: April 25 2006, 17:13

In the early 90's I remember visting the local synth shop every weekend to "test drive" various synths, which I had no hope of actually affording (salesmans nightmare). But prior to finally buying my pride and joy (korg M1), I pumped up the volume and played a fast sequenced section from Crises. The salesman (who hated the sight of me by now) jumped up and shouted "hey, that guy's playing Mike Oldfield".  Hey, if the radio stations won't play Oldfield, someone has to do some Promo.... Love Crises, what a great album.
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: April 27 2006, 08:25

The eponymous track without a doubt.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 27 2006, 09:41

Crises,of course.Both album as well as the version from Wembley '83 \o/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
oscar-rh Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2015, 04:13

i love them all. That said, "in high places" is a sublime song , (if there is a right word to express it).

peace & love
Profile PM 
55 replies since Nov. 12 2002, 13:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net