Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: fast organ tripletes in Incantations< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jammer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 28 2000, 20:49

I really want to know, if anybody knows, how the fast triplets in Inc. were performed live. With the studio version it's easy, all you have to do is speed it up and play along with it in time. The fast triplets don't always stay in a strict time (especially in part 2 when some git in the crowd is cheering loudly). With a lot of practice would it be possible to be played live on a keyboard? Probably not as most of it is all in fourths
Profile PM 
DelfĂ­n Offline

Posted: April 27 2001, 13:27

Sequenced.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Craig Evans Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2005, 12:45

Quote (Jammer @ Aug. 28 2000, 20:49)
With a lot of practice would it be possible to be played live on a keyboard? Probably not as most of it is all in fourths

It could be possible though because some musicians can also play "Double Speed guitar" as well as "Double Speed Keyboard" live without using playback and much practice for example:-

-Steve Hillage (or was it Steve Hackett?) was also able to play the "Double Speed Guitar" sections on "Tubular Bells I Part 1" on the "Elements DVD live" without using playback eventhough they had to be speeded up on the origional version of "Tubular Bells I".

-Mike Oldfield was also able to play the "Double Speed Guitar" sections "Sunset Door" and "Tattoo bagpipe guitar sections 2:00-2:37 and 3:23-4:11" amongst many others from "Tubular Bells II live" on "The Edinborough Castle DVD" without using playback eventhough they had to be speeded up on the origional version of "Tubular Bells II".

--------------
"It is good to be on Horseback" - Mike Oldfield "On Horseback"

"(Insert "The Thunderstorm" here)"
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2005, 17:08

Quote (Craig Evans @ Mar. 18 2005, 18:45)
-Steve Hillage (or was it Steve Hackett?) was also able to play the "Double Speed Guitar" sections on "Tubular Bells I Part 1" on the "Elements DVD live" [...]

Steve Hillage, of Gong fame. AFAIK, Steve Hackett (of Genesis) only performed with Mike once, when they both guested with Marillion on a live cover of Genesis' "I Know What I Like".
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: July 16 2012, 00:27

I know this is coming 12 years late to the original post, but better late than never I suppose.

As many of you know, I am in the process of learning and arranging Ryan Yard's transcription of the entire Incantations album, and we have 3 of the 4 movements finished, so I know how many of these parts were done.

Regarding the triplets- they can indeed be performed live, though not feasibly with one hand. On part two for example the arpeggios are split up between two hands at the beginning of the piece. There is also another section that uses quintuplets, or "fivelets" that is easier to perform with one hand.

One of the more challenging triplet sections on Exposed are the keyboard triplets on "Guilty". This can be done at full speed and with one hand with practice, but it is very fast, especially as it ascends through several octaves.
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Aug. 28 2000, 20:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net