[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Fan convention in Reading, UK< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubular_trekkie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 13 2013, 14:46

Quote (bee @ April 13 2013, 19:10)
Quote (gths @ April 12 2013, 22:41)
It's not a convention without cosplay.

I'm going if Coldplay are going to be there  ;)

:D :laugh:
I think the ticket price might be slightly higher if Coldplay were going to be dropping by...   ;)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 13 2013, 14:56

Quote (gths @ April 13 2013, 03:41)
It's not a convention without cosplay. What are people going to dress up as?  ;)

A tubular bell?

Or perhaps the more buff guys here on tub.net could turn up in replica 'Celtic Warrior' gear a la Mike on the Voyager album cover. (Now there's a thought...)
Or perhaps not.  ;)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: April 13 2013, 16:30

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ April 13 2013, 14:56)
(Now there's a thought...)

...careful what you wish for tubular_trekkie!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 14 2013, 14:11

Or Amarokian members of the Amarok Army spotting the same  hairdo as Mike on Amarok :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: April 17 2013, 06:53

Just managed to secure some of these beauties https://www.facebook.com/photo.p....theater for convention raffle or competition prizes :-)
Profile PM 
InterAstefanMechanic Offline

Posted: April 18 2013, 06:39

I am sorry I will be not able to go to the convention because it is  far away from here and it is expensive for me but I am really waiting the new rock album saying to myself - AT LAAAAAST!! Why so much waiting ! Empty patience for some thing new fresh and exiting ! From new album  :(
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 18 2013, 19:17

It would be great for the people who are able to attend if Mike could record a short Sorry I can't be there video... Maybe even play a bit of acoustic as well..possibly something from the new album.
That would make it truly memorable.

My Two cents  :)

Hope everyone going enjoys the day.
Profile PM 
Gunz412 Offline

Posted: April 19 2013, 09:48

Quote (Milamber @ April 18 2013, 19:17)
It would be great for the people who are able to attend if Mike could record a short Sorry I can't be there video... Maybe even play a bit of acoustic as well..possibly something from the new album.

Maybe Jeff Wayne could make us a giant 'virtual' Mike Oldfield!
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: April 19 2013, 17:19

Good suggestions Milanmber. We have asked if a Skype or video message might be a possibility.

Paul
Profile PM 
InterAstefanMechanic Offline

Posted: April 19 2013, 18:49

Quote (Milamber @ April 18 2013, 19:17)

:)  Yes it is very good feeling from what you say  :) thank you!
And yes this is very good idea  :)

Now not before a long time ago in YouTube appear new rare interview from Mike what i did not never watched before. It was the Songs Of Distant Earth official interview copied from some were from glitch video tape where I saw a lot of things interested me find it very exciting ! The studio, the digital mixer  (digital I guess ) and two rack-versions of Akai S 1000 samplers! I always was wondering with what instruments was recorded that wonderful masterpiece!! this is my favorite album :) SO I will go to something: Mike Oldfield concert or some other convention or other Tubular happening but typically such things : rare, hot new videos, some exciting interview, exciting find or just very nice surprise of new album what i do not expect are make me happy
Profile PM 

Posted: July 04 2013, 10:57

Who's coming from here?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 04 2013, 11:56

I shall be there.
If anyone wants to come and say hi, do look out for a slim girl with long reddish hair wearing a pale blue T-shirt (with a tubular bell on it of course! ) and indigo jeans.

Sarah

--------------

Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 04 2013, 15:28

Quick note to say that I can't be there after all, I'm afraid. Hope it's a great success on the day.
Profile PM 

Posted: July 04 2013, 15:33

I think the Dark Star team will have ID cards for all of us,so that would be quite handy :)

I'll be with my black TB tee shirt,black trousers and colorful trainers.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
33 replies since April 04 2013, 10:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net