Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Family Man, Five Miles Out, Mike's sleeve notes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2012, 07:39

Rick Fenn came up with the guitar riff to Family Man. I wrote the chorus and Maggie Reilly wrote the verses and over a few weeks we worked as a band would work. I had the idea of the chorus first and roughly sang it to Maggie who then went away and wrote the verses with Tim. We had Morris Pert on percussion and Mike Frye played drums and it was a great experience. A lot of successful things are accidents that are just the result of exploring various ideas.

The title track of Five Miles Out came from an experience I had flying from Barcelona to San Sebastian, over the Pyrenees mountains. The whole of the Pyrenees was covered in thunderstorms and our rookie pilot hadn't got the correct weather forecast so we flew right into it. All the other flights in the area were cancelled and ours was the only plane in the air. By the time I came to write Five Miles Out, I'd got my pilot's license and I went down to my local pub in Denham, lined up a few pints of Guinness and sat with my rhyming dictionary and notepad and wrote down all of the aeronautical terms I could think of and came up with the lyrics. The track was great fun to work on, although it took about four months to complete it, and the song went through four or five different versions before it was completed. It's one of my favourite tracks.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2012, 07:42

Again, a lot of this stuff from Five Miles Out has already found its way into official products so I assume that the later tracks will give something of what to expect on other Deluxe editions.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Aug. 21 2012, 07:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net