Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Exposed isn't special?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tales of Zelos Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 22 2011, 07:35

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Jan. 22 2011, 06:34)
Check out [/I]What are you playing this very second?[I]  Didn't want to go too far off topic.  And looks like Nightspore was on to you too!

Oh. Right. I almost wish I hadn't got Youtube working again yesterday.

That said, in playing the theme, rather than just putting words in a post, am I detecting another fan? If I were to ask you who Lloyd's second-best friend was?
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2011, 11:49

Now there's the rub.  When I first reached the point of divergence, it was at the end of a long-ish What Happens Next session.  It was sheer chance I created a save point at Flanoir otherwise I might have blundered past it all when my "real" game caught up.  Colette was number one - if you're playing through without any guidance, it's practically a given - with Sheena next and then the man of the moment, Zelos.  It must have been a couple of weeks later when I casually decided to watch the scene as featured in the opening sequence again, said "No" to Colette for the hell of it and saw Sheena walk in?

It's not a truly open-ended branching sequence but it's a nice touch.  The thing is, whatever I did up until I officially arrived moved Genis up to number two status, with Presea in third.  I've avoided the temptation of YouTube so far and with any luck my long-delayed next game should allow me to watch the Raine and Regal cutscenes.

I'm one to talk but I'd wondered if I was going to see the Chosen appear as your avatar.

So yes, a fan.  Happy Days.  Sunday Monday, Happy Days...

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Tales of Zelos Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2011, 11:13

If this isn't a private party for Australian authors, I'm more than happy to return the favour and out you.  You're more or less the cavalier I first thought of and there's not that much Kevin Bacon to do now you're spilling like a canary. With Symphonia as well... Ok I get it!

I sailed straight past first time, although I kinda knew there was more when Genis and Sheena appeared as well. And were ignored as well. Yes, in my game I picked the option that didn't exactly turn out well for my hero!

I suggest we adjourn to a Tales forum of some fashion if we want to compare experiences any more. 3100 members, however many active ones and we've beaten the odds against finding just two of us. I think our administrators would press the self-destruct button before any J-RPG threads got established!

I'll just say that Zelos is or forms part of my avatar pics elsewhere.  Not that a 6 ft, red-haired Casanova describes my life in any way. :/  My plan has been to find some unique and Mike-related one for here and I've not really got down to it.

Given I started all this to find out what was known about Exposed's next release, I could say the same about people here, but seeing Korgscrew hasn't been around since November, I hope all is well.  Doubtless up in an ivory tower, surrounded by vakyries playing theremins.  Unless I'm getting threads mixed up.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2011, 20:05

It's the final part of the puzzle!  And if it isn't, well I've found the tiny photo in the middle and that's good enough for me!

Quote (Dirk Star @ Aug. 07 2009, 10:46)
If it is true I wonder why they never thought of informing somebody at tubular.net?

They did - that's where the Wikipedia information came from

I think putting it up there is a tiny bit premature, to be honest - September is what they were aiming for, but I've heard nothing more specific than that. The same goes for Incantations and Platinum, which are roughly scheduled for early next year (along with the possibility of something special for Exposed, drawing on all the unreleased recordings from that tour).

There won't be any boxed sets of either Hergest Ridge or Ommadawn (what's done with all that Exposed material remains to be seen, perhaps that'll find its way into a tour box of some kind, though I'd not be surprised if they give up on the idea of doing that sort of thing), but it's likely they'll do deluxe editions.
Both will feature remixes by Mike (including, I believe, 5.1 remixes) and Hergest Ridge will include the original mix (or at least I was told that was a definite when I said how that was one of the most requested items - we'll see what actually gets released).

It'll find its way into a news post here once we've got some more firm details.

It's the main man, Korgscrew, of course - chatting away in Hergest Ridge New Releases, Hergest Ridge & Ommadawn.  The Caveman is also hanging,  so all loose ends are tied up.  Found it during unrelated HR checking - I couldn't have found it deliberately if I were being paid :)

If 'boxed sets' is equivalent to Limited Editions then we clearly did see them (or 250 owners of each did, to be more precise).  Otherwise, Korgscrew was only confounded by changing release dates.  Ooops, forget I said that out loud ;)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
23 replies since Dec. 15 2010, 14:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net