Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Exposed DVD, Got it and it's great!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 00:56

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Jan. 27 2006, 18:38)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Jan. 27 2006, 11:36)
And the pants...the title of that DVD is perfect  ;)

Tati you are too funny!

Ya mean....that's not where the title of the video came from? :O  :laugh:

Re: Maddy's dancing....indeed, she is a wonderful singer and had a good time dancing. I thought considering what she was dancing to, it was about all she could do without a dance troupe in tow (as opposed to on toe). You know...it would be nice for Mike to have actual dancers joining in from time to time (note for future concerts, eh? ;) ).

As an aside, my last ballet teacher used to make us strenghten our jumpin' legs to the tune of "Sailor's Hornpipe." Hard to describe--you'd step with, say, your right foot, then left, jump pushing off with your left foot--but you'd be moving quite fast, doing all left jumps in one direction and right in the other without alternating. Don't think I'll ever forget it!

Hiawatha---hope your DVD arrives soon!!!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 09:54

Regarding dancers, I think it would be great to have something like American cloggers or the Irish Riverdance type dancers on stage.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2006, 14:24

Mmm....I was thinking of the Riverdancers myself for the folksy pieces. For other works (some of TBIII, for example or maybe dancier L+S tracks), I'd like to see modern/lyrical styles. But not for everything. In the case of a concert, IMHO dancing should enhance and accent the music here and there without distracting from it.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2006, 15:46

Quote (Inkanta @ Jan. 29 2006, 05:56)
Maddy's dancing....indeed, she is a wonderful singer and had a good time dancing.

Would you believe it? NO ONE bought me the Exposed DVD for Christmas, and being in a cash-flow crisis situation I've restrained myself by not buying it yet myself. (Yeah, yeah, I know, what kind of fan, etc, etc.)

So I haven't seen Maddy's dancing on Exposed. But I have seen her dance many times at Steeleye Span shows. It was never choreographed in any way - just a kind of natural response to the music. But what people here may not know is that she would invariably dance off the stage and into the audience, where she would continue her revels for maybe 5 minutes or more. It was a highlight - we would always be waiting for the dance spot, wondering where she would go.

All of which is not exactly relevant to Exposed (I'm sure she doesn't dance off into the audience, does she?), but is as close as I can come to a sensible contribution related in some way to dancing!

Last few times I've seen her, she hasn't done it. But hey, she's getting on, now.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2006, 22:38

Quote (Alan D @ Jan. 31 2006, 14:46)
Would you believe it? NO ONE bought me the Exposed DVD for Christmas, and being in a cash-flow crisis situation I've restrained myself by not buying it yet myself. (Yeah, yeah, I know, what kind of fan, etc, etc.)

Well, hopefully you'll be able to get it soon. I have to choose between the Platinum Collection and say, concert tickets or a new CD by another band. The last two are difficult, but guess what I'm not going to be buying any time soon, probably even in geologic time? :D

So I haven't seen Maddy's dancing on Exposed. But I have seen her dance many times at Steeleye Span shows. It was never choreographed in any way - just a kind of natural response to the music. But what people here may not know is that she would invariably dance off the stage and into the audience, where she would continue her revels for maybe 5 minutes or more. It was a highlight - we would always be waiting for the dance spot, wondering where she would go.

All of which is not exactly relevant to Exposed (I'm sure she doesn't dance off into the audience, does she?), but is as close as I can come to a sensible contribution related in some way to dancing!

Ah....turns out to be very relevant! :) That's exactly what she did in the Exposed video (hmm...well, actually in the concert hall) --she danced right off the stage and down the aisle. It was indeed very natural, folksy, and I thought worked really well. Lots of fun! If I were a singer dancing a bit to something like that, I'd probably take a similar approach. ;)

I loved that segment! Nice to know that it was a regular feature of her other concerts! Thanks for sharing!

--------------
Profile PM 
jeremyroberts Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2006, 20:30

wowowowowwowowowowowow!!!!!

I've missed that!!!! I want that DVD!!!!

I didn't know it was released finally...  :O

I want it now!! LOL I'm ordering it tomorrow!
Profile PM 
Izorion Offline

Posted: April 01 2006, 16:35

Iam a BIG Mike Oldfield fan, here were I live, the Call me Little Mike... but for me this DVD is not the very best, Mike is so huge, so great... I have all the DVD´s VCD, CD, but for me this is more a collect dvd, not the best for me :/ I heard the bootleg of this video, wow, this must be wonderful too see... some kids are throw paper and after a time a get angry, - what a hell is this - serious, no way, a young Mike ok... sometimes it look realy silly. Iam glad too have this DVD, music is good/great, but the video is not what I believe, sorry too say that, I wish it was a BIG concert there ppl were sitting down and listen too what is this music !

Well, i dont cry for this lol  :cool:

--------------
The Wise Man Knows, There Is Alot To Learn.
"No. Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 03 2007, 14:57

I've ordered the "Exposed" DVD, along with several CDs - "QE2", "Five Miles Out", and "Crises". Are there any bits from "Exposed" on YouTube?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
imhotep Offline

Posted: May 05 2007, 09:54

Quote (Sweatpea @ May 03 2007, 14:57)
I've ordered the "Exposed" DVD, along with several CDs - "QE2", "Five Miles Out", and "Crises". Are there any bits from "Exposed" on YouTube?

Yes there are but wouldn't you rather wait til you get the DVD?
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 06 2008, 16:04

This is a video worth having. I endorse it. Very good quality.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 07 2008, 12:15

Jesus, did I post on a thread that old? I better re-think how I budget my time. But it is a good video.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 06:50

Old thread or not it's is a damn good DVD mate.Watched it many times.The best thing is the multi-angle options.Don't know why it took 23+ years to see the light though.Oh well.Good old Virgin! ;)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 07:12

It is superb. What about the Knebworth concert - that came out on VHS a zillion years ago (I got it on Betamax...d'oh!;). Will that ever see a dvd release?

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 07:15

I've been asking this for ages.It was re-iiisued on VHS in the early 90's when i got my copy but it deaeves a DVD surely.If onlt to see the godawfull track suits the bad are wearing.So early 80's!

--------------
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 07:25

It was a bad clothes day - that's for sure! Isn't that the one where Mike was wearing a t-shirt with music on it? That tour was my first concert - so it's a bit special for me. I was offered a ticket for the '79 tour but I said no (idot, idiot, idot, - you can put that on my grave stone... here lies the total dickhead who was too busy to go to the 1979 Wembley gig - may he remain Exposed)

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 08:03

Noooooooo!!!!!!I was only 4 so i was way too young but to pass it up?????
He was wearing that T shirt.Naff!Great gig though.

--------------
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 09:28

I know. I may get sent to hell for that  :/

But I was a teenager who didn't know any better. But I still cringe every time I think about what might have been!

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 10:12

I'm sure you may escape hell as you did see him after.As a 9 year old Oldfield fan i was in the staff room of my dad's shoe shop when Dad comes upstairs and says "guess who's just been in the shop Dan?"....you can guess the rest!

--------------
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 10:28

Noooooooooooooooooooo!
I can imagine you moved out that very night!
Such is life...... :/

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 10:37

No I just dragged dad round every record shop in Banbury.Being naive i thought he's be in one! :/

--------------
Profile PM 
84 replies since Oct. 27 2005, 09:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net