Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Exposed DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BIG VERN Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 17:50

Yes, lets all hope that the scheduled release of Exposed is something substantial.....Intriguing isnt it?
Incidently,i was amazed to find a dvd copy of the Knebworth concert in a record store in Berlin just off the unter den linden,(Friedrichstrasse)when i was over there last year.
It cost 14.90 Euros, and appears to have a French connection.....Issued by a company called Silver Vision cat no SV2414. The soundtrack is stereo,and the quality is as good as i think you could get. There is a bonus chapter of the programme that was available at the time.
Profile PM 
willy Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 04:26

Look at this:  http://www.spincds.com/

Mike Oldfield - 'Exposed' DVD
Release date : 24 October 2005
DVD spec
Audio option: Dolby Digital Stereo
Screen : 4:3
Regions: All
Disc Type : DVD-9
Running Time (approx): tbc
No. of Discs: 2
Subtitles: none

"Few musicians have had as much impact on the musical landscape of the 21st century as Mike Oldfield. From his ground breaking multi million selling Tubular Bells, to unrivalled catalogue of albums such as Five Miles Out, Hergest Ridge and Crisis, to his continuing pioneering audio/visual work he has always striven to be at the front of audio visual movements and he continues to be so with this DVD release of Exposed.

Recorded in 1979 at the Wembley Conference Centre as part of the exposed tour, this DVD contains the full gig. For this tour, a 50 piece ensemble orchestra were used and with a road crew of 25 requiring 3 articulated trucks to transport the shows hardware, it was indeed a spectacular show. Newly re-mastered and digitally enhanced the audio on the release is of the highest quality and there is multi angle viewing options allowing the viewer a unique insight into the time when Oldfield was at the peak of his musical and visual abilities serving up spectacular show after spectacular show."

Extras:
Multi angle viewing capabilities.
Tracklisting
1. Incantations Pt.1
2. Incantations Pt.2
3. Tubular Bells Pt.1
4. Guilty
5. Tubular Bells Pt.2
6. Encore
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 06:31

They also give a price of £17.99, and are offering it for pre-order, if anyone's interested.

The SilverVision DVDs (of Knebworth, and The Wind Chimes) were originally spotted for sale on the website of a large German retailer. Those with experience of bootleg releases felt that, on seeing them, the SilverVision DVDs showed all the hallmarks of a bootleg production. They certainly looked pretty cheaply done (and were definitely copied from a LaserDisc)...how they got such a wide distribution, I don't know, and perhaps they're even a legitimate, but very small company.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 07:35

I'm now very excited about the Exposed DVD! Can't wait to have it in my hands!

About that Knebworth bootleg: recently I was on the market in a big town near me where they had The Wind Chimes and Knebworth DVD's... of course they were bootlegs... maybe the same?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
willy Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2005, 04:50

Quote (willy @ Aug. 16 2005, 04:26)
No. of Discs: 2
Extras:
Multi angle viewing capabilities.
Tracklisting
1. Incantations Pt.1
2. Incantations Pt.2
3. Tubular Bells Pt.1
4. Guilty
5. Tubular Bells Pt.2
6. Encore

Now all of that would fit onto one disc. So why are there two discs mentioned? Or will there be more stuff on there that we have not been told about, like Knebworth?
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2005, 05:41

Quote (James @ Aug. 03 2005, 06:04)
I'd imagine Mike and his team at the time fimed these events in great detail.It cost a lot of money these european exposed tours and aparently nearly broke him :D (sure.... any hows

If you count all the people playing on stage on the Exposed CD credits you will see why these shows were so expensive. For the Platinum tour in 1980 Mike arrange a more reduced group of people to play ;)

Quote (willy @ Aug. 18 2005, 04:26)
Now all of that would fit onto one disc. So why are there two discs mentioned? Or will there be more stuff on there that we have not been told about, like Knebworth?

I think that the multiple angle wiew will add a lot of data if this option is available all the show :)
Profile PM 
BIG VERN Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2005, 11:16

Just going back to this silver vision Knebworth dvd...it looks for all the world like an official release.it is on a normal picture pressed disc (not dvd-r) and is even copy-righted and bar-coded. The fact that it is available in reputable record stores in Germany lead me to think that it is something beyond a bootleg release.In any case having viewed it,i dont think anything could be added to it to improve it anyway.
What did puzzle me about last years excellent Elements dvd was that because it was a Virgin release, why on earth not include Knebworth on that?
Anyway the clock is ticking and like everyone else am getting excited about the Exposed dvd.
Without sounding greedy,all we need now is for our Italian friends to find us the film from Viareggio 84...what say?
Perhaps for next autumn?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2005, 17:16

Now at Dark Star,there's an update which talks about Exposed DVD that will be released on Oct 26th by EMI,with even pre-order !!!!!!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
tindog Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2005, 23:56

If anyone has any updated info... sendit.com lists this DVD as an "all regions" release, other sites say it's 'region 2.' Being a Yank, I'm hoping for an 'all region' or 'region 1'... does anyone know for sure?
Profile PM 
ekloef Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2005, 15:30

Hello!

I found the Exposed DVD listed on www.play.com

Take a look here

Take care!

--------------
https://www.instagram.com/robtch/
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2005, 15:43

I see it. Now, if only I can wait for the 10th day of the 24th month of the year....

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2005, 16:08

Remember though Mike want's us to concentrate on what he's doing now rather than stuff he did decades ago. Who's he trying to kid???? Really looking forward to see it at long last, especially Incantations.
Profile PM 
mink stoles Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 06:16

I'm so excited about the release of the exposed dvd.  Why has it taken so long?  Can't wait to see it and the Gong guy is on drums too!  It's a shame the caveman doesn't sing though.  Why did Mike not sing it live?

--------------
So if you you feel a little glum,
To Hergest Ridge you should come.
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 11:09

I have pre-ordered my copy today from Play.com

I can't wait to see it!

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 08:07

Does any one know anything about it yet e.g. is it 5.1 ?.
The original SQ quad version was great
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 06:28

Take a look at this page. That's all I know about it, anyway. :) But it may come out already in 21/10/2005.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 15:11

No, it will be purely stereo - it was recorded for broadcast, so mixed straight to two track tape.

It's interesting to find someone else who's a fan of the quad mixing on Exposed, I think hearing it properly decoded really adds something to the material. Perhaps Virgin will feel encouraged to release the remastered quad mix on SACD...but, that's a subject for another topic...

It would definitely be nice if they could do a similar mix for the video, but it seems like the best that could be hoped for would be a synthesised surround mix, which I don't really see a huge amount of point to (though they did it for the TB2 and 3 DVDs).
Profile PM 
Glorfindel Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 16:28

I find myself looking forward more to this than the new album. :/

Is that wrong?
Profile PM 
mink stoles Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 16:52

I agree, i too am looking forward to the dvd more,  i guess its because i know tubular bells and incantations so well and its great to see music you love live.

--------------
So if you you feel a little glum,
To Hergest Ridge you should come.
Profile PM 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2005, 15:21

There will be 7 Hours of Material on it!!
Emi has send me the cover today. Here a (important;-) Part of it:

http://www.oldfield.de/2005/09/...esamtlnge.php

Regards
Alex ; oldfield.de

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
54 replies since July 31 2005, 23:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net