bevy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2008, 20:04

bloody bit harsh
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 02 2008, 12:42

Not really.There was about one record shop in Banbury (excluding WH Smith)and Banbury is very very small!

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: May 05 2009, 13:24

Ah. I'll now pointlessly give this thread a bump so I can share my thoughts on this, seeing as I've only just watched it!

Fairly good concert I thought, although I'm not sure I'd describe it as "unforgettable" or "seminal". I wonder whether this description had more to do with the logistics of getting the tour organised - and getting MO to perform at all - rather than the actual 'finished product'. Still it's pretty decent, if unspectacular stuff; highlights for me would be the funky performance of TB and the Guilty encore (although I could have done without the naff Top of the Pops style dancing.)

Some of the camera angles and shot choices are a little strange, but perhaps if I had used the multi-angle options that might have improved matters. Something to investigate, I guess...

Even though this is presumably post-Exegesis (?), MO looks very unsure of himself here. He's not exactly front and centre of everything and he looked quite embarassed at the audience reaction in a number of places. Things are much better when he appears to get absorbed into the music, but I wouldn't say that it was a vintage performance by any means.

And having said all that about MO's shyness and reticence, could he possibly have worn his jeans any tighter? Ye gods, I know the tour was called 'Exposed', but I didn't think he was going to interpret it literally  :O  ;)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: May 06 2009, 03:45

Yeah not so much "seminal",but undoutably a "semi" masterpiece.  :p
Profile PM 
Almohan Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 13:57

I finally managed to get a used copy of Exposed double DVD, but mine doesn't have any leaflet in it, though the double CD did. So I'm wondering if there should be a leaflet, and if so if there would be on the internet a downloadable and printable version of it? Then again all needed notes are printed inside the case, so...?
Profile PM 
84 replies since Oct. 27 2005, 09:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net