Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Exposed DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 31 2005, 23:42

According to Sendit.com, Exposed will be released on DVD on Sep 26, though spincds.com is now quoting a release date of October 24. It's also being listed at 101cd.com. The company releasing it appears to be Virgin/EMI. (update 17/8/05)
Profile PM 
ToroAcu Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 05:21

Hello.

This is my first post in this forum.
I am from Spanish. My name is David and my nick is ToroAcu.
I am member of a spanish group of mail: Taurus-IV.

I am very happy with the notice of the new DVD. I love disc Exposed and i think that the DVD have image of this tour.

Bye and greetings.
David (ToroAcu).

PD: Visit my BLOG of film BLADE RUNNER: http://brwl.blogspot.com
Profile PM WEB 
James Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 10:05

Well wow this is a bolt out of the blue.

I've only been wishing for this for a long time if it's what Im hoping its gonna be awesome. :)
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 13:05

Looking forward to it. I wonder if we get to see what sounds on the CD/LP like a microphone stand falling over and bouncing on the stage during a very quiet slow part of "Incantations Side 2".!

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 16:08

Talk about suprise :) I'm still chocket  :O

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 18:45

I will believe when I see it.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 18:55

Yes, you're right, lets see what becomes of this. But if it's true:

wow..... way to go! This just keeps getting better and better! ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 19:05

So does this information deserve the news topic, not just a rumour? Hmm... :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
arsadkarcic Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2005, 23:27

I have this concert in my video collection, meaning it really does exists.
It was released officialy in 1979 by "VIRGIN VIDEO" as "EXPOSED - MIKE OLDFIELD LIVE ON TOUR".
The lenght of the video is approx. 45 minutes.
It starts with a very brief interview with the different musicians (incl Pierre Moerlen and Wendy Roberts, but NOT MO), and after 2 minutes the concert starts.
I believe it was recorded at a theater in London, in front of a small crowd, the fans were sitting in chairs.
The full orchestra and girl choir (possibly the largest group of groupies ever, no pun intended) are also there, but no recording of Incantations was included on this VHS release.

The song list is as follows:
- TB part 1
- Guilty
- TB part 2.

The music is absolutely great, and slightly different from the audio album song versions.
The video is quite good, although appears dated (mostly "Zeitgeist"), viewing from 2005.

Let us hope this DVD will materialize.

AK
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 04:08

Quote (arsadkarcic @ Aug. 01 2005, 23:27)
no recording of Incantations was included on this VHS release.

The song list is as follows:
- TB part 1
- Guilty
- TB part 2.

Maybe the DVD will include more music?  I hope so.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Martech Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 06:23

I hope this is true. Can't wait!
Don't forget that the Exposed album was mixed from the best bits of a number of concerts all over Europe so the DVD (if it exists) will not feature any of the same cuts as the album.
What about the 1980 Knebworth concert next?
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 13:19

Quote (arsadkarcic @ Aug. 02 2005, 05:27)
I have this concert in my video collection, meaning it really does exists.
It was released officialy in 1979 by "VIRGIN VIDEO" as "EXPOSED - MIKE OLDFIELD LIVE ON TOUR".

Say, isn't this the video with Mike Oldfield on the front cover holding a mandolin guitar?

If so, I almost bought it through ebay but somebody was quicker.  :/

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 13:37

Was that video not the MO live one from the QE2 tour? I think the one with Mike holding the Mandolin on the cover was this one, though I may be wrong. I think I've read this was originally only available as an Australian import. I remember occasionally seeing this video in the shops in the late 80's. It's got Sheba, Platinum, Ommadawn and a few others on it.  

I would imagine if they release the Exposed DVD it will contain more than just 45 mins of music. They'd be daft not to include Incantaions. It has to be said, much as I welcome this release, given the choice I'd much rather own the Knebworth concert in all its glory on DVD rather than Exposed. As live renditions go its probably my least favourite and least listened to of Mike's live stuff. TB just seems quite ponderously performed, where as the Knebworth version is a lot more rocking.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 19:00

Yes, Knebworth released on DVD is my nr. 1 on the list too. Especially the Ommadawn version with the drum solo (of the late Pierre Moerlen) is awesome.

That's something which is important to be kept (and be released proper on DVD).

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Eliz1776 Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 22:43

How EXCITING!!

I love Incantations!  I've been hoping a DVD of the concert would become available, but I never thought it would be this soon.  :cool:
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2005, 00:00

"Was that video not the MO live one from the QE2 tour? I think the one with Mike holding the Mandolin on the cover was this one, though I may be wrong. I think I've read this was originally only available as an Australian import. I remember occasionally seeing this video in the shops in the late 80's. It's got Sheba, Platinum, Ommadawn and a few others on it."

I've got it in front of me right now....

Front cover = Mike Oldfield, tubular bells - live in concert. (picture of MO playing mandolin guitar)

Back cover =
1.Platinum (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
2.Tubular Bells Pt 1 (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
3.Tubular Bells Pt 2 (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
4.Mirage (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
5.Ommadawn (Oldfield) (CBS songs)

Running Time 27 mins

1984 WOT productions limited England.

Haven't played it yet, bit worried it might fall apart. I'm from New Zealand so it probably was an Australian Import. There's a few mysteries with it. Why CBS Songs? The duration seems to be way to short for all the tracks listed! If WOT productions are in England then why was it a import in the UK?

I'll archive this baby to more stable format soon so if anyones interested I'll post some info on it in another forum at some stage.

Exposed on DVD- if it has got an interview with Pierre on it then I'll be over the moon.

--------------
How can they NOT like my music!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2005, 00:34

Quote (Jeremy @ Aug. 03 2005, 00:00)
Front cover = Mike Oldfield, tubular bells - live in concert. (picture of MO playing mandolin guitar)

Back cover =
1.Platinum (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
2.Tubular Bells Pt 1 (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
3.Tubular Bells Pt 2 (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
4.Mirage (Oldfield) (CBS songs)
5.Ommadawn (Oldfield) (CBS songs)

Running Time 27 mins

1984 WOT productions limited England.

This is the same video that I have and it is the only footage of TB that I have. I assumed it was the only one, are their others?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2005, 06:04

I'd imagine Mike and his team at the time fimed these events in great detail.It cost a lot of money these european exposed tours and aparently nearly broke him :D (sure.... any hows

I have always imagined there must be lots of glorious footage of TB and Incantations from these mega great concerts (if the exposed CD's are anything to go by.Just look at the array of still images on the sleeve (Album record) You can't fail to see these as the pinnacle of Mikes creative performances.

Sure the Knebworth is mega tastic but equal to this no better just different.these concerts show Mike in his top performing element so let's embrace all of these In the hope that they do materialize fingers crossed. :)
Profile PM 
ATTMO Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2005, 11:44

Hmm great news, I hope Incantations will be on it. Incantations on exposed is one of my favourites, excellent performance.

greetings form costa rica (doing a 2 months trip there)

--------------
"Such is life; and we are but as grass that is cut down, and put into the oven and baked" - Jerome K Jerome
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2005, 20:37

Quote (arsadkarcic @ Aug. 02 2005, 05:27)
It starts with a very brief interview with the different musicians (incl Pierre Moerlen and Wendy Roberts, but NOT MO), and after 2 minutes the concert starts.

Meanwhile you can hear a solo guitar playing one of Platinum's melodies as if Mike tested the sounding... but Platinum was released in November, way after Exposed; so it's like a demo version.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
54 replies since July 31 2005, 23:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net