Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Etude, Mike's sleeve notes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2012, 08:48

My soundtrack to the film The Killing Fields was a project that was partially instigated by Richard Branson, who took me to meet David Puttnam, and he secured me the role of soundtrack composer for the film. I'd made the music fit to the picture beautifully, but I was working to the rushes of the film, rather than to the final edit. When it came to final cut, they also cut up my music and put [it] with different scenes to those I had written the score for. The music was so quiet in the final film dub that it was impossible to hear most of the time. Every scene involving soldiers or warfare had to have a military snare drum going rat-a-tat-tat. It was very disappointing and it seemed they wanted clichéd film music instead of something special. The Killing Fields was my first, and to date last film soundtrack.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2013, 18:22

Hmm, I seem to remember that in all other interviews where he spoke about it, he said that while he had some difficulties with David Puttnam, he had otherwise enjoyed the experience and found the people who did the film wonderfully creative. This is the first time I see him speak so negatively of it.
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2013, 05:49

In Changeling he talks about wanting to do it again.  an opportunity I fully intend to give him if I can get the right movie together in time!
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since Aug. 21 2012, 08:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net