Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Elements (2002)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
R@inbow Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 24 2002, 08:11

I was listening to Elements true the Windows Media player, and where surfing the Media Library in the meantime. By my suprise i saw a Elements box, containing 4 cd's and released in 2002. I Searched the internet and couldnt find any information about this release. Even not on Tubular.net
So i decided to call my favorite music store to towns away, and they where familiar with this cd. So i ordered it.

Does anyone know this cd? cause it isn't mansioned on the forum.

Greets,

R@inbow

p.s. This is the link to th CD
http://windowsmedia.com/mg/albuminfo.asp?a_id=R+++567535
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 24 2002, 14:50

It's a re-release of the Elements boxed set from 1993 - the only difference is the packaging.
It was mentioned in the news forum back in November 2001 when the news about the release first became available.
Profile PM 
R@inbow Offline

Posted: Dec. 25 2002, 08:02

A re-release? how come that this version has 4 cd's and the version from 1993 ( that i allready have) just 1 cd

R@inbow
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Dec. 25 2002, 14:51

well, there was also a 4-CD-box-set in 1993.

got it very cheap (about 40 €) new at my former fav. CD-shop, then lost it in a fire...
:(

u'll surely find it at ebay these days...

ciaooo,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 18:49

That's right - there was the 4 CD set Elements (CD BOX 2) and then the 1 CD Elements (VTCD18 in the UK), subtitled 'the best of' (which could be read as both the best of elements or the best of Mike Oldfield...). There was also the video, of course...

The packaging shown on the windows media player site is for the old set - the new one is slightly different, being a standard CD sized box (but deeper, of course, so as to hold 4 CDs in jewel cases plus a booklet) rather than the larger one of the original.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Dec. 24 2002, 08:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net