Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Elements, Vynil< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 04:54

i didnt realise until the other day that Elements was released on vynil, i would appriciate it if anyone had some info on where i might be able to find a copy, tried looking on the net but not much luck!

cheers

lee

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2005, 09:31

Quote (bugular tell @ Dec. 03 2005, 04:54)
i didnt realise until the other day that Elements was released on vynil, i would appriciate it if anyone had some info on where i might be able to find a copy, tried looking on the net

WHAT??
I thought I had all LP's of Mike now, and then you tell me this?  :O  :O

Oh, noooo...
:laugh:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 18 2006, 13:45

Last night I found a great Oldfield page. I think it's called Argiers.com
But anyway, it was for the first time that I actually saw the proof that an vinyl version exists of Elements. It looks very very nice, and I do hope to get it one day...
You may find it if you look at the 'LP' section, in the file of 'ENGLAND', because there is a list of lp's from various countries, and I found it in the English section.

--------------
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2006, 18:10

Yes, www.argiers.com is a splendid page from one of the greatest Mike's collectors, Felix!

I also have a vinyl copy of "The Best of Mike Oldfield Elements" Well, I really had two copies, but I made a gift to a friend of mine!!!
You can try Ebay... they appear regularly.

The last Mike LP published in vinyl was "The Songs of Distant Earth", that it is really hard to find,... I read that only 10,000 copies were pressed... well you can look for the 9,999 out there!!  :D

And Light and Shade is the first Mike album that has not seen a tape release...
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 19 2006, 07:42

Well, I have tried e-bay many times, but so far, no luck... But I keep trying. Distant Earth was quite hard to hind, but I did got it in the end. And I believe it was only 1,000 copies made, and not 10,000...

Btw. So tres lunas was also on Tape? Didn't know that... I did see XXV once at a gas station, but no more recent ones.
I remember one day when I was just a beginning fan (I was 11 I think) I saw in this shop the tape of Islands, and I remember going crazy and begging my dad to let me have it... but he didn't  :/ ... Oh, well... the following Christmas I did get it after all! On cd

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2006, 04:38

hi am a regular a felix's site its cool and thats where i found out about elements, which i have just got!  :D  :D  :D  :D

was difficult to find but now i am soooooooo happy to have it, now i have all the vynil album releases, also will have a copy of TBII and TSODE to sell in the near future, both on vynil, i'll let the community know in the relevant forums when they go up for sale  :D

also TSODE was limited to 1,000 copies so it is very hard to find, it was just pure luck that my local record shop had a copy.

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 05 2006, 06:39

Bugular Tell: Nice you got the Elements vinyl version too!!
I also ordered it from a Spanish internet store, and I hope to receive it next week. It's also my last vinyl album that I had to get!! I'm a happy collector now  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
6 replies since Dec. 03 2005, 04:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net