[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: DVD worth getting?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hiawatha Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 20 2006, 09:12

Quote (Alan D @ Nov. 19 2006, 12:28)
That's unfortunate, but of course 'I don't like it' and 'This is rubbish' are very different statements, and the second doesn't follow from the former.

I've learned to accept them as the same statement, on the tubular.net forums.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2006, 09:32

Quote (hiawatha @ Nov. 20 2006, 14:12)
I've learned to accept them as the same statement, on the tubular.net forums.

No, no - stand your ground, Hiawatha! The English language is at stake, here!  :O
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 20 2006, 09:36

Art in Heaven is one of the best instrumentals from Mike since TSODE. Sadly you can hear more instruments on the studio version than you can on the live version, but the live version is way more passionate. I love it. Good job, Mike. And I'm a guy who loves the 80s albums (right now I can't seem to get away from watching the Montreux video). It definitely has a very epic feel. A couple things could have been different but you have to remember that this was a piece of music written for a light show. So listening to it on its own is kind of pointless, even for the video on the DVD it's not so great. You'd really have to be there to really appreciate it. Luckily that doesn't bother me and I enjoy the music anyway. Great mind he has. Great mind.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2007, 09:28

Guess what? I bought the TB2+TB3 DVD instead!  :D

It was somewhat cheaper to buy, just almost exactly US$10, quite a bargain I say. I haven't gotten to watch either concerts yet, only bits and pieces. Anyhow, the FATC reprise track was the best piece of music that I've ever heard! And look at that crowd response at the end! That was seriously fantastic!

On another note, I just saw Live in Berlin still being sold on the shelves. Perhaps I'll buy it later.  :p

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
Jesse Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2007, 19:09

well the tb2 concert is so amazing it really makes the other pale..........

the thing is that tb2 is musically so inspired - maybe only slightly spoiled by the last track and the caveman return (musically that part rocks though!;) - that it's hard to beat. Also, mike looks healthy and full of charisma.

MB has to many MB tunes on it which i have hard time listening too....also the whole 2000 concept...i do not warm up to it. But it is nice to see him play for so many people. If only he finished TB! I'd love to see a good liveshow of that. The 70's versions are all too twisted from the original to my liking :S
Profile PM 
24 replies since Sep. 17 2006, 12:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net