Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (12) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Double album to be released around September 2005< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 17 2005, 19:41

Quote (^NabLa^ @ May 17 2005, 18:07)
SPARTACUS!!!

Reminds me of Triumvirat's album of the same name!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ommadawn69 Offline

Posted: May 18 2005, 01:07

It is going to be a great September. A new cd from Mike. A double at that. And virtual vocalists???? Very interesting. The name?? Well not one of his best title's, but heh he may change it when the time comes. I couldn't care less, I just look forward to hearing what Mike has recorded when September rolls in. And to see if he tours. He is due.

Craig.

--------------
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheAlternativeMikeOldfieldGroup/
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 18 2005, 01:47

great news  :)  so, will it be copy protected  :/

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: May 18 2005, 05:21

Quote (Ratty @ May 17 2005, 17:15)
Quote (^NabLa^ @ May 17 2005, 22:07)
SPARTACUS!!!

(exclamations included, of course)

Now tell me that it does not sound powerful :P

It does not sound powerful!!!! Sorry, couldn`t resist that.

It reminds me of Jeff Waynes follow up to War of the Worlds with Catherine Zeta Jones on vocals!! Which, it has to be said...was rubbish. So for me its a no no.

huh... and what about...

COBRA!!!

If COBRA!!! is not powerful enough, I do not know what else could be...

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
iancampbell79 Online

Posted: May 18 2005, 06:44

It is great news about the new album.

One thing springs to mind when reading the announcement.  

Double Album but only 18 Tracks.

Does this mean that there is a fairly long (possibly instumental) track somewhere on the 2 discs?
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 18 2005, 07:30

Quote (Chicular @ May 15 2005, 17:34)
Incidentaly, i was checking the Mercury Records website and i see Mark Knopfler is with them.  He is releasing a new Album with them in September as well and a website has been created for the album!  Surely a website will be created for Quicksilver soon eh?!

Talking about Shangri-La? Good news-'This Sept' from that page actually means 'last Sept(04)'. So, that doesn't say much about the possible launch date of a site for Mike's new album.
Judging from http://www.mark-knopfler.com/ : Release Information:
> Limited edition CD / DVD
> Regular CD
> Double LP (!!!)
> SACD (Super Audio 5.1 surround sound CD),
it looks like it's been a good idea to buy a combo DVD-A/SACD player for TB2003 - I doubt if Mike could resist to use his fancy new multi-channel studio once again...
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: May 18 2005, 19:13

about the design mike will have on his new album..

will it be like this? http://www.obsidianbay.com/system-tools/wallpaper/quicksilver-1024.jpg

actually i find this quicksilver very tubular look he he  :p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ecco Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 19 2005, 01:40

Quote (hiawatha @ May 17 2005, 14:47)
Quote (Ecco @ May 16 2005, 21:50)
You're excused... I'm quite familiar with Wendy/Walter's work. I actually share all the Switched on Bach albums (LPs) with Tony.

Do you have WW's "TRON" by the way?

No, but thanks for reminding me of that one. Tony's said that it's excellent.

Julie.

--------------
http://www.myspace.com/twilighttide
Profile PM WEB 
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: May 20 2005, 07:20

:)  Great news on the the Fourthcoming  double CD in September. Now that Mike is signed to Mercury/Universal lets hope we can get a 5.1 Surround Sound Hybrid SACD or a Advanced Resolution (5.1 surround 96 kz/24 bit & 192kz/24 bit stereo) DVD Audio release, the latter could include a couple of promo videos which would be compatible with most DVD players.
Can't wait till September !!.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 20 2005, 09:37

Quote (jayjay16428 @ May 20 2005, 13:20)
Now that Mike is signed to Mercury/Universal lets hope we can get a 5.1 Surround Sound Hybrid SACD or a Advanced Resolution DVD Audio release

Well, odds for SACD vs. DVD-Audio are 253:19 for Universal in total, 18:0  for Mercury alone (according to hits at amazon.de).
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 20 2005, 11:42

I always find it funny how far some people on these forums can take just a few lines of words from the great Mike Oldfield!!!.
I would prefer to reserve judgment untill we have something more concrete,after all we don't really know much more than before his announcement.
I like the idea that Mike is still after 30 odd years trying to push things further,and challenge himself,with the virtual vocalist thing,weather the fans like it or not,is not really Mike's concern,he is doing something that is new to him,and will always keep doing that,and i think that's a good thing,if Mike had kept on making the same kind of music all these years,people would be asking for something different,but we have that something different now,so,embrace it.

As for Mark Knopfler,he is indeed on Mercury too(finaly time for the Oldfield/Knopfler duet album ;) )and Shangri-La was released last September,and is his best solo album yet,it's amazing in fact,and Mark is over half way through his 100 date world tour,just UK and US/Canada to go,then later this year(rumour is September) he is to release a duet album with Emmylou Harris.
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 05:06

Quote (TUBULARMAN @ May 18 2005, 19:13)
about the design mike will have on his new album..

will it be like this? http://www.obsidianbay.com/system-tools/wallpaper/quicksilver-1024.jpg

actually i find this quicksilver very tubular look he he  :p

Hmmm instead of that I would think on a quicksilver surface with a blue butterfly on its top... like this one.

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Ratty Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 16:34

Still think, as the album will be released in September it should be called "Indian Summer"
I also quite like "Solstice" for an album title. Whadayathink?

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 17:22

WHAT A TOTALLY POINTLESS & FUTILE EXERCISE IN NAMING AN ALBUM WITHOUT HEARING THE MUSIC FIRST !!!!!

MIKE .......... PLEASE PUT SOME SAMPLES UP ON YOUR SITE ...... THEN WE'LL BE ABLE TO HAVE A MORE FRUITFUL DEBATE ON  WHAT WOULD MAKE A GOOD ALBUM TITLE ? !!

NEIL
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 17:33

Good point HuanCry. Sorry Ratty but 'Solsitice' sounds far too new-agey, as for 'Indian Summer', well if its a collection of Indian music then perfect.
Hopefully there will be a bit more movement from Mike again soon and we'll get a bit more info from him.
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 17:56

Quote (TOBY @ May 23 2005, 22:33)
Good point HuanCry. Sorry Ratty but 'Solsitice' sounds far too new-agey, as for 'Indian Summer', well if its a collection of Indian music then perfect.

Thats ok Toby. Although Mike does describe the pieces as "Ambient and Chill Out" two styles which often appear under the New Age category in any record shop. Neil, i agree with you, lets hear some samples from Mike before we try to name the album. Although again, he did ask for opinions on the title which is what he has got!!  :)

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 18:21

Throat Slasher Chronicles For The Children of HELL . by The Mad Axeman of Doomesday and Beyond.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Thomas Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 03:33

Call it "Blood Pressure" will ya. (Because of the mercury in sphygmomanometers (used to measure blood pressure))Shouldn't be too hard for an artist to come up with some cool album cover either.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 09:35

Well I haven't read every post so I hope I don't repeat anything. Of course it is exciting that Mike is releasing a new album and I am delighted that we are getting both an Ambient style and the darker moodier style which is my favourite as well as the dancey stuff like track ten, Joyride, from Tres Lunas II, loved that. Not keen on the name either, it does sound a little unimaginative for Mike but I would bet money that he will come up with something better before the album is released, esp if he reads these posts.
Korgscrew, does Mike come in here often?
Not to change the subject but two new cds I bought this week are Mobys Hotel which has a dance cd and an ambient cd, the second cd is very dull I must say, and even the main cd does not compare to his previous work, but it is still a dream of mine for Mike and Moby to work together, and Mike, just in case you read this, Moby has said you are an influence of his and he would love to work with you so give him a call!!
The other cd is called 'Demon Days' by the Gorillaz. I LOVE THIS ALBUM, it is so unusual. Only the first single 'Feel Good' is reminiscent of their previous self titled album from 2001, and the rest of it is creative and unique. If anyone has heard it I would love to hear their opinion, send me a p.m.
Tracy.
Hope you had a great birthday Mike.
Mike got a mention in WHO magazine this week on page 34 in 'passages'. It read....This week in 1973: Mike Oldfield releases "Tubular Bells."

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 12:08

Throat Slasher Chronicles For The Children of HELL . by The Mad Axeman of Doomesday and Beyond.

YES!! YES!! I like it!!! ;) :p

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
226 replies since May 13 2005, 08:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (12) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net