Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (12) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Double album to be released around September 2005< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 29 2005, 20:16

Quote (hairy old hippy @ July 30 2005, 03:42)
It just doesn't sound as if he's picked up a guitar and really lost himself in it for a long time.

It's all a matter of taste. Mike's recent years have given me some of my very favourite guitar pieces: Ambient Guitars, No Mans Land reprise, Art in Heaven, Far Above the Clouds etc.

As for whether the new album will have soul, again I have to say that I'll wait until I hear it.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 29 2005, 22:49

I can't wait to hear the new album. Even with every low-key album there's a gem in there somewhere and I believe it'll be the same with Quicksilver. With every Tr3s Lunas there was a Return to the Origin and the Snow Owl theme, and with every Guitars there was a Cochise and Summit Day. I'm sure I'll find something I like even if most of the album as a whole isn't very good. I think it's impossible for Mike to make something that completely sucks. There's gotta be some sub-conscious message in his brain that secretly puts awesome things through without him noticing! ;)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: July 30 2005, 10:03

Good music is good music.  If it makes me want to dance, or gives me chills, or moves me in any way, I really don't care what is used to create it.  It's the end result that matters.  Of course, the overall sound may be more or less appealing, depending on your personal taste.  

The other thing is this -- I don't feel I have the right to suggest to an artist what type of creation he/she should make.  It's their choice and all I can do is express my reaction to it by buying it or not.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 30 2005, 13:03

Hear hear!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 03:28

Quote (hairy old hippy @ July 29 2005, 14:42)
Maybe Marvin the Paranoid Android would have more luck!

I know I am taking a big risk here not even knowing if you are male or female, but I love the moniker and you are a fan of Marvin the Paranoid Android, this is the same depressed Marvin from Hicthikers Guide, played by our friend Alan Rickman?

You are cool, I love you!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2005, 17:54

this is the same depressed Marvin from Hicthikers Guide, played by our friend Alan Rickman?

Ahh, but Stephen Moore in the original radio series was so much better. I always thought Marvin should have done a track on TSODE...

"Crystal Clear, yes but I've this pain in all the diodes on my left side, and me with a brain the size of a planet".

Maybe Marvin could be the Shade in "Light and Shade", current best bet for new album title??

light & shade 26.9.05

Alex on the irc channell pointed me at this

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
algenicus002 Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 06:48

I hope this time he treats his fans who want to legitimately buy the record and listen to it without problems better than last time (the Tubular Bells 2003 "Copy Protection" debacle, if you don't remember).
Profile PM 
226 replies since May 13 2005, 08:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (12) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net