Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Does anyone join me in a cover?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Omma Thunder Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 12 2004, 19:57

Hello there!

I'm new in this forum, and I'd like to join some people in a cover.

I play guitar (electric, acoustic and spanish), bass, keyboards, violin, banjo, tin whistle, and some percussions such as tambourine, shakers, cabaça, bodhran, and almost everything which makes noise.

Does anyone need me?  :)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 13 2004, 05:42

any demos? :P

everyone can say he can do this or that...
I mean that to me this sounds like lame boasting...sorry  :/

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 06:44

Not a very nice way to welcome a new member... I for one see no reason not to believe him (or her?) until the opposite is proved!  ;)
Profile PM 
Omma Thunder
Unregistered

Posted: May 13 2004, 06:58

I agree Holger that this is not a good welcome, but If you want demos, I can send you, no problem.
Any song concretely? or can I make only some tunes on each instrument?.

Omma Thunder. :/
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 09:17

ok sorry man :-)

just thought that such a multi-instrumentalist has something on net already to show us ;)

I mean that I don't think anyone would say ok let's work together before you show off something ;) so this post seems to be completely pointless to me...

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 13 2004, 12:24

Well hey, let's not shoot the guy down before he's even got started here!

It doesn't sound so much like 'lame boasting' as someone who probably has quite a musical talent (though I'll admit that we can't tell for sure) and would like to join with people here in making music - not something we should be greeting with hostility :)

I do agree though, that it would be good to hear your playing if you have any examples, Omma Thunder - it will help people to get an idea of what sort of thing you do, and what your style is like.. That way, people who are interested in your idea will know if their playing/production style is likely to be compatible with yours.

A big warm welcome from me as well, even if some other people don't feel like extending one to you ;)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 12:53

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 13 2004, 18:24)
Well hey, let's not shoot the guy down before he's even got started here!

not at all...but with such a big list of instruments he plays sounds lame to me that he doesn't offer some demos...that's all...

Omma Thunder: Anyway welcome on board, I didn't notice that it's your first post, so please excuse me :P would welcome you some better way if I would notice ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 14:46

Welcome to the board Omma!

Sure, I'd keep you in mind for a cover if I was interested in doing one. Our first group project that was completed was the Finale cover, that you've probably got now. Currently there are two subsequent projects on the go. 'Crises' is doing an excerpt from, erm, 'Crises' and 'Musically Inspired' is doing the whole of Taurus 2, of which I'm participating in the mixing of the parts

The fact that you play those instruments physically is a real bonus, as opposed to those of us who are stuck on their MIDI sequencers - myself partly included. It's great to have another like-minded musician with the community.

Looking forward to hearing some of your work. Do you have a website or anything up for me to listen to?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 16:40

Quote (BOOsTER @ May 13 2004, 12:53)
not at all...but with such a big list of instruments he plays sounds lame to me that he doesn't offer some demos...that's all...

We got your point by now... besides, it's not "such a big list" after all... it's basically guitar type instruments, keyboard and violin, and a few not-so-hard ones (I'm pretty fine on tin whistle and small percussion myself without ever having practiced much)... still impressive for sure, but by no means impossible.
Why do you assume that Omma Thunder necessarily needs to have recorded anything, and if so, how do you know he / she (?) has webspace to put it on?
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 17:38

I am not gonna comment this anymore...I said what I wanted...
(Holger: and if you offer your skills, demo is necessary... about the webspace:  if you want, you can...)

Omma: welcome to the board and enjoy your stay..

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 17:47

The bottom line:

Omma Thunder would like to collaborate with people here. If nobody wants to then fine (though it would be a bit sad, considering the usual enthusiasm people here have for working together).
If anyone agreed to work with him and suggested he played, say, violin, it would soon become obvious if he couldn't play it, so it would be a rather silly for him to lie about!
I don't think he was listing the instruments to boast - he was just saying what he could offer to a project of the type he was sugesting. If he'd asked for people to join him in making a cover and not given us that list, I bet the first question would have been "What instruments do you play?"!

So, time to drop that issue, I think.

Now, Omma Thunder, what kind of thing do you have in mind? Is there a particular song/piece which you'd like to do? Perhaps it would even be best if you started putting together some kind of rough version of the track you'd like to cover, to which other people can add things.
Let us know what you have in mind, and I'm sure one of us can help you. It's nice to see enthusiastic people like you joining us here :)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 17:53

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 13 2004, 23:47)
The bottom line:

Omma Thunder would like to collaborate with people here. If nobody wants to then fine (though it would be a bit sad, considering the usual enthusiasm people here have for working together).
If anyone agreed to work with him and suggested he played, say, violin, it would soon become obvious if he couldn't play it, so it would be a rather silly for him to lie about!
I don't think he was listing the instruments to boast - he was just saying what he could offer to a project of the type he was sugesting. If he'd asked for people to join him in making a cover and not given us that list, I bet the first question would have been "What instruments do you play?"!

So, time to drop that issue, I think.

ok maybe it was more a problem about our ability to speak/understand english...oh well excuse my misunderstanding :P

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 18:13

Welcome, Omma Thunder! Good to have you here. If I wasn't apart of a group project right now and didn't have future plans as well ;) I'd be volunteering to do something with you. I hope some people do something with you and see what you guys can turn out. I'm very intrigued. I'd also love to hear some stuff you've made/can make. That's a nice list of things you can play. Can't wait to hear you!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: May 14 2004, 08:21

I hope we didn't scare him away... :/

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 14 2004, 11:35

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ May 14 2004, 14:21)
I hope we didn't scare him away... :/

not we...me :P

--------------
Profile PM 
Omma Thunder Offline

Posted: May 14 2004, 13:06

Hello there

Of course I understand you all, and, be sure that i'm not scared, I understand perfectly your oppinions.
Thanks a lot for those who greeted me well and to the others.. it's forgotten ;) no problem.

I'm now searching for a good mic in local music stores in order to record fairly instruments such as bodhran, and violin.
So, i hope, in a few days i'll be able to post an URL with some demos.

Regards to everybody.
See you soon.

Omma Thunder ;)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: May 14 2004, 14:13

Looking forward to hearing them! Let us know if you need any help in choosing a mic...
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 14 2004, 14:55

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 14 2004, 20:13)
Looking forward to hearing them! Let us know if you need any help in choosing a mic...

me too :-)

--------------
Profile PM 
17 replies since May 12 2004, 19:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net