[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Distorted tracks in streaming services< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bazyli Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 15 2022, 11:58

I noticed lately Apple Music and Amazon Music changed some tracks e.g.:
TSODE -> Only Time Will Tell
TB3 -> Jewel in the Crown
It’s like they tried to add fade-out, fade-in effect. A continuity is broken (start listening from an end of previous track) and it sounds terrible (especially if you have this music imprinted to your brain for 20 or more years).

I double checked if it’s my settings but no. These are two different services and other tracks works fine. Moreover in TB3 it seems they added bird’s singing.

Could you confirm if it’s happening on other services like Tidal, Spotify or Deezer? iIf you don’t have CD you can use youtube for reference (those seems to be recorded from “old” versions).
https://youtu.be/gRivMEEZZE8 about 18:55 (TSODE)
https://youtu.be/kuJAE-gMO1I about 7:40 (TB3)

Do you think Mike is aware of those interferences?
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2022, 15:35

I remember "Jewel In The Crown" on Spotify... In fact, this Spotify version was taken from a compilation ("Feelings - Music For Inspiration And Relaxation") with transitions between tracks. (JITC has bird noises in the intro and thunder noise at the end.)
They messed up the tracks in the playlists, and the wrong JITC track was in the TB3 playlist.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2022, 01:39

Yet another reason I always buy CD's, nothing can be changed or taken away from it like in this instance.
Profile PM 
Sam Turner Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2022, 07:00

There are many versions of the song. You can search for the original track on the platform, I usually always find the right hit. Thanks to spotify promote you can find many interesting songs here.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2022, 03:55

Hello Sam, welcome to the forum.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Feb. 15 2022, 11:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net