Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Disposable Temporary Discussion Thread.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Trinidad Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 16 2006, 03:45

Yes, I have it. I'll try to put it in 3-4 hours, or tomorrow.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: May 16 2006, 18:45

ugo, u've had me scratching my head, trying to remember when i defined the firebeings.. no, i don't think it was me who named them. for some reason, that was their name since the beginning, i don't know why.
and yes, we could call them firebirds, but maybe they won't respond then :D

about the run from the ringheads, the only i'd add is that my advice is to start shooting from very far while slowly getting closer to the ringhead, and run fast whenever u think a ring could reach it. this might mean several false runs, but with some practice, u'll find easily the right spot to shoot.

snowy.. so persistant... i agree with alan this is the hardest, but so rewarding.
for me, the hardest moment is just when reaching the crystals, it's very difficult to place quickly behind them without stumbling.
run as fast as u can, and when u are behind the green crystals, get glued to the glass and hold your breathe until the music ends. it's really amazing to see the colours changing behind the washed green.
we've seen that it's less frustrating to try this without an avatar the first times. the blue dart is the easiest to handle in this trip when u feel confident later.

good luck in your first excursions into the unofficial worlds and cu soon there :)

ps. i haven't been able to do the horses yet either. i know where is the right spot to hide, but it seems impossible to me not to be dragged by them!

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 17 2006, 08:27

Alan, I've had a short game alone last night (after some time..) to refresh my ring memories (-> 7 rings thread) and updated my comment accordingly:
- indeed, you're only doomed for punishment if you bump right into the red ant itself; if you manage to just get its ring, you will get Rebirth tunnel instead.
- are you sure you got more than one ring from the mini-games? Once I've got one, I don't get any more, no matter how many games I finish - though I vaguely remember that I once might have got more than one ring myself...
- quick return from Turtle Island works only with 3 rings, i.e. you must not take the ring at the snakes, and there is also a shell on the beach that is hungry for pearls...

For feeding the shell for a fast trip to the dolphins, I had to leave the snakes' ring behind. This meant that I was one ring short in the end - so I needed one of the ant rings to complete the game, since there is no way back to Turtle Island (unless you make a few wishes...). Even the mask in the temple, though constantly telling me to 'go back', would actually take me back just once for the crab ring - so I had to use the portal behind the temple to return again for the 7th ring.
First, I tried to (and could well) do the horses ride again, but then not proceed from the lake to the temple, since I had taken the mantis ring already after the first ride. Luckily, the portal to the forest worked, so I could get back to the origin for the blue ant ring as 7th and finish the game.

As I noticed as well, from the 20-sprites game you can have a break at butterfly world, since the 2 butterflies are still around at the tree in this scene.
Profile PM WEB 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 18 2006, 06:30

Quote (Alan D @ May 15 2006, 15:12)
Trinidad - do you still have that excellent picture of yours showing where the bubbles are? If you could upload a small version of it to the gallery (in the 'Little Extras' thread), we could put a link to the image in Olrac's post.

I uploaded three of them. Are they right?
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 18 2006, 06:33

Quote (maria @ May 17 2006, 00:45)
ugo, u've had me scratching my head, trying to remember when i defined the firebeings.. no, i don't think it was me who named them. for some reason, that was their name since the beginning, i don't know why.

No, it was Mike who named them "firebeings". If you play the game, get the firebeing, and then open the log file, you'll find it's called internally "firebeingAVA" ("firebeing avatar", I guess).  ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 18 2006, 07:38

Thanks Trinidad. Sorry about the delay. There's nothing to  alert me that pictures are uploaded, so I need to remember to check - and I keep forgetting!

[Later: I've added links to your pictures from Andy's 'bubbles' post.]
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 11:55

I just wanted to explain a few things that are going on behind the scenes. We have quite a lot of images available now in the screenshots gallery, and I'm slowly reading through all the posts looking for places where a link to an image could be made - and adding it if necessary. Sometimes I'm uploading new ones if I have a suitable image for such a link but we don't yet have one on the site.

The only part of this activity that shows up in 'New Posts' is the uploading of new images. The addition of new links to existing posts doesn't get picked up as a 'new post' of course - so you won't realise that changes have occurred unless you go browsing among the threads themselves.
Profile PM 
the_bulldog Offline

Posted: June 06 2006, 20:39

Alan,

I think I have messed up again. Trying to post some comments on the Volcano Portal (Trinidad's original post), but keep them here, rather than in the thread, I made a new topic in this discussion thread. BOGUS! You may soon just ask me to stay away from every site related to MO.

Hunt
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 07 2006, 05:29

No problem Bill. I've added what you said to Trinidad's original post, and deleted the new topic.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 07 2006, 11:09

In my struggle to stop the Guide from becoming a labyrinth, I've added a Guide to the Guide, here, and pinned it. I'm now wondering if all the other pinned threads can be unpinned. What do you think?

It needs to be thorough but brief (there's a risk that even the Guide to the Guide may become out of control!  :O ). If anyone has any suggestions about it, please make them.
Profile PM 
the_bulldog Offline

Posted: June 07 2006, 23:36

Help me - my memory is failing. On the lake, beyond the Tr3s Lunas sign, there is the Portal to the Forest. There is also another Portal with steps, like Tai Chi Island. I was going to add this Portal to the Map, but could not recall where it goes. I did a half-dozen games, trying various sequences and trips, but that Portal seems to be "locked." It was either not operative, or there were barriers up at the sign, locking out the Lake. I know I've used that Portal in some sequence, but cannot recall, and cannot seem to duplicate. Someone help me with that one.

TIA
Hunt
Profile PM 
the_bulldog Offline

Posted: June 08 2006, 01:05

Alan, from a discussion standpoint, you mention the flying ant as #1 in the "7 Rings Game." I have spent hours trying to find the spot and direciton/speed of travel to duplicate this, but have failed. I HAVE been picked up by this ant, but only at about 3 rings, near the Origin. Do you recall what you were doing/how you were doing it, to get picked up? Just curious, as I'm attempting to try all possible scenarios, though the order, i.e. Canyon between Rings X & Y cannot be accounted for, as there are just too many variables, and I don't think that the ancillary trips matter in the scheme of Ring collection.

TIA,
Hunt
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 08 2006, 03:31

Quote (the_bulldog @ June 08 2006, 04:36)
There is also another Portal with steps, like Tai Chi Island. I was going to add this Portal to the Map, but could not recall where it goes....

It's the entrance to Snowy's snow cavern. The only time we go through it is when we fly with Snowy. It's Snowy's equivalent of the bat tunnel or the ant tunnel entrances.

the flying ant... Do you recall what you were doing/how you were doing it, to get picked up?

Pure chance I'm afraid. He just ran into me. When I actually try to get caught by the flying insect (is it an ant?) I usually fail!
Profile PM 
the_bulldog Offline

Posted: June 08 2006, 11:12

Ah, that's right - Snowy Owl's Cave! I knew that I had passed through that Portal, but could not remember when/how. Now a question: should we locate it on the map, like we did with Bat's and Ant's World entrances? I'd opt for a colored circle there, and a note in the Legend of Other Worlds, so when an explorer encounters it, they'll know its purpose.

I suspect that the Portal at the bottom of the Volcano is about the same - an entrance that is only active in a certain "ride," and maybe not even noticed in that ride.

Let me know about the Map update idea. I have added your's and Trinidad's comments to the Map, but have not posted the revision yet.

BTW, what is the exact hierarchy for the location of the "proposed Map," i.e. Mike Oldfield>TubularBoard>The Tr3s Lunas Guide>xxxx ?

Hunt
Profile PM 
the_bulldog Offline

Posted: June 08 2006, 11:18

One question, that I have been meaning to ask: at times, there are golden stones strewn around the landscape. I've tried several action with them, but have not gotten any noticable results. Are these just variations on the more "normal" looking rocks that litter the landscape? They seem to come and go depending on the state of the game.

Hunt
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 08 2006, 14:50

Quote (the_bulldog @ June 08 2006, 16:12)
Snowy Owl's Cave! should we locate it on the map, like we did with Bat's and Ant's World entrances? I'd opt for a colored circle there, and a note in the Legend of Other Worlds, so when an explorer encounters it, they'll know its purpose.

I think we should treat it in exactly the same way as the ant tunnel and bat tunnel are marked. After all, it's exactly the same kind of thing.

volcano portal - an entrance that is only active in a certain "ride," and maybe not even noticed in that ride.

I don't believe there is such a ride. If there is, no one has ever found it.

Let me know about the Map update idea. I have added your's and Trinidad's comments to the Map, but have not posted the revision yet.

Just upload it here, adding it to this temporary topic. This whole topic will disappear eventually anyway, so it doesn't matter.

BTW, what is the exact hierarchy for the location of the "proposed Map," i.e. Mike Oldfield>TubularBoard>The Tr3s Lunas Guide>xxxx ?

It will be:
Mike Oldfield>TubularBoard>Gallery>Screenshots for Tr3s Lunas Guide>[whatever replaces the existing 'Maps and Diagrams of Tr3s Lunas' thread].
When the map is ready, I'll delete the thread with my old map in it, replace it with a new thread to which your map will be uploaded, and then I'll plod round remaking the links in the text of the guide (because the new map will have a different address to the old one).
Profile PM 
the_bulldog Offline

Posted: June 08 2006, 22:35

Quote (Alan D @ June 08 2006, 14:50)
It will be:
Mike Oldfield>TubularBoard>Gallery>Screenshots for Tr3s Lunas Guide>[whatever replaces the existing 'Maps and Diagrams of Tr3s Lunas' thread].
When the map is ready, I'll delete the thread with my old map in it, replace it with a new thread to which your map will be uploaded, and then I'll plod round remaking the links in the text of the guide (because the new map will have a different address to the old one).

I've made the changes to the Map, but cannot find a way to post it to this discussion thread. There isn't any Attachment area and the closest that I can find is that "Dynamic Image Posting = Disabled." I might be looking right at the Attachment button, but cannot find it. Thanks for the direction. I can e-mail it to you for inclusion in the Discussion Thread.

Hunt
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 09 2006, 04:06

Quote (the_bulldog @ June 09 2006, 03:35)
I've made the changes to the Map, but cannot find a way to post it to this discussion thread.

Sorry! My fault! I'm suffering from a disease called TooManyThreads-itis. I thought I was in your new map topic in the screenshots section, and I wasn't.

If you go to the end of this topic and add the new version, all will be well.
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: June 14 2006, 14:33

Alan - to add to the Portals to Other Worlds thread:

there is another way to Good World - collect an apple from the ring tree, then shoot it at the three green trees.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 14 2006, 14:48

Quote (The Thin Man @ June 14 2006, 19:33)
there is another way to Good World - collect an apple from the ring tree, then shoot it at the three green trees.

Thanks TTM - yes, of course! Gary put an entry in the Extras thread about it.... I've fixed it now.
Profile PM 
102 replies since April 30 2006, 09:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net