Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Disposable Temporary Discussion Thread, WARNING! SPOILER ALERT!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 15:58

Further up this Thread, Alan suggested a list of threads. One of them was for each of the worlds and asking if we needed just one or many.

For instance, do we have just a short post for obtaining the Horse medal, or do we have a whole thread for all that can be done in the Castle? Terrain has so much in it too.

My feeling is that these worlds (tubes/bird cave, Castle, Terrain) will deserve their own seperate discussion threads. But, we can add brief descriptions to the 24 medal quest for those on the hunt.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 17:23

Yes, I agree entirely with that.

The main purpose of each of the medal posts is to explain how to get the medal. That seemed the obvious thing to focus on at the start, but I agree Andy - a lot of the fun is about exploring the worlds, and we should definitely have a separate section (or sections) for that. It doesn't matter if we end up duplicating a bit of stuff here and there.

I've made up a composite picture of the Hall of Tunnels and put it in the map section here. Does it work? Is it clear how to use it? I've labelled the tunnels to match my old map, but if anyone has any better ideas (that won't tax my Paint Shop Pro skills too much), please go ahead and suggest them.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2008, 17:01

Just wanted to say that I'm redoing the labelling of the main map, and while I'm doing this, it make sense to do a bit of rearranging - so for example, my lettering of the tunnels in the Hall of Tunnels (is that OK for a name?) isn't very sensible. So I'll re-label all the tunnels while I'm at it (and change the composite image of the Tunnels Hall to match).

I mention this just in case anyone decides to refer to some tunnels by the letters on the old map - might be a good idea to wait until I put the new map up.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2008, 12:49

OK, Main map is now redone, and also map of hall of tunnels. Both have new labels (tunnels are now labelled more logically, A to L clockwise around the hall).
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2008, 17:35

Andy, I revamped the labels on your map so they look a bit nicer, and then reposted the map (crediting it to you), and deleted your original post. Are you happy about that?

I wish I had some way of shifting the posts around within a thread, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it. It would make sense (and be most convenient for users) to have the main map as the first post in the thread, but the only way I can achieve that is by reposting Andreas's map and comments and then deleting his original post. Andreas, do you mind if I do that?
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 11:32

There are also some short cuts in the game. When you are in the castle world, you can see  7 portholes/windows numbering from left to right.

No 1 takes you to Terrin World (dinoland)

No 2 takes you to Jet World

No 3 takes you to Inviz

No 4 takes you to the Bird Cave

No 5 takes you to the Blind man world (go there only after you have got 8 Medals as the 9th one is on the space lift  and the 9th MUST always be the one on the space lift if not, you will not complete the 24 medal quest)

No 6 takes you to the Door Maze

no7 takes you to the Creater World

All the above information is now transferred to a screenshot of the portals in the maps section here - AD

and finally if you are in the Cometers garage and in red zone fly to the other end and you will be automatically be send back to the hall (there you started) but you would be in Daylight Zone. This bit done - see post for Tunnel A in Hall of Tunnels thread - AD

Hope this helps you in your Quest.

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 11:37

Thanks Gary. I'll make a map of the portals near the castle, and put all this information of yours onto it.
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 11:47

Another one  for you to do Alan. :D

When you are in the hall of tunnels go to tunnel B fly to the porthole/window as you will entry the bird cave on your Right there is a sunken galleon with a porthole/window entry that by hitting your space bar and you will end up inside the space cube in Atomium World.

I am letting out my secrets here :p

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 16:18

Thanks Gary. I'll get them all fitted in ... somehow ... sometime....

I've done the map of the portals here.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 18:34

Could someone do a section on DINO WORLD.. thats the only Medal I cannt find ie on the Birds Back even after releasing the Acrobats.. Nothing appears ?? Got the one out theGreen Hedge Maze 1st..  then going back to the arches after.. Not much happening around the TOWER either  ...

Not to sure about the CHESTS in the tunnels either.. you throw medals in I can see and they Dissappear but cannt find a way to retrieve them  are they for storage ?? or just a place to waste medals back to where they came from ??  

So if you follow the 24 medal list in order will it allow you into all the sections without putting medals aside to enter the zones ? :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2008, 03:37

Quote (3Wheeler @ Feb. 16 2008, 23:34)
Could someone do a section on DINO WORLD.. thats the only Medal I cannt find ie on the Birds Back even after releasing the Acrobats.. Nothing appears ??

Yes, we'll do all the worlds - but there's a lot to do, and it's going to take a while to do everything.

Have you released all three sets of acrobats? The medal won't appear until you do.

Not to sure about the CHESTS in the tunnels either.. you throw medals in I can see and they Dissappear but cannt find a way to retrieve them  are they for storage ?? or just a place to waste medals back to where they came from ??

They just offer a way of getting rid of medals (you may want to get through a particular portal but have too many medals).

So if you follow the 28 medal list in order will it allow you into all the sections without putting medals aside to enter the zones ?

Yes. (But 24, not 28)

[Could I ask you, though, to put questions like this in the main Maestro discussion forum, because this thread is specifically for discussion about how to build up the Maestro Guide.]
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2008, 04:14

Ah OK will Do.. I put it on here cause I thought it was temporary and a lot was going to be deleted anyway :cool:   Didnt realise there were 3 sets of acrobats  Ill have to have another Look around then   Cheers  :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2008, 16:24

The 'Worlds' Thread:

I'm thinking in terms of starting a special thread in which we can put an explorer's guide to the various worlds - or rather, to those that are complex enough to warrant that sort of treatment. So for instance, each of these would need a lot of info and screenshots:
Terrain (dinosaurs)
Castle
Tubular Bells caverns
Bird Cavern

These would need shorter discussions:
Chillout world
Asteroids/atomium
Wind turbine world
Outside spaceship
Taj Mahal

and maybe some more as we think necessary. But it seems to me that we may be able to do all this in a single thread, with one post per world. What do you think? (It would be possible  to add extra info to existing posts by editing them and crediting the extra info to the person who posted it.)

There may of course be some duplication with the medals thread, but that's ok. This thread is looking at the thing from the point of view of exploring all that there is, not from getting through the 24 medals.
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2008, 16:51

Hi, guys!

For now, these are the only contributions I can do; I hope to write something with more "substance" next week:

- Alan, about the Desert White world (the first medal in the medal quest thread), I would warn to finish the section and get the medal once you've shot the first four jets, since it'll be imposible if you return home and enter the world again (unless you restart the game). [Done - AD]

- Andreas, at the end of your description of how to get medal 2, you say "which will take you to Balloon's World, where you can easily collect medal #5", but I think you're referring to medal #6, is that right? [Done - AD]

Cheers!
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 05:07

Quote (Trinidad @ Feb. 17 2008, 22:51)
- Andreas, I think you're referring to medal #6, is that right? [Done - AD]

errm - yes; thanks for the fix
Profile PM WEB 
slicklemon Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2008, 01:58

Quote (The Thin Man @ Feb. 10 2008, 11:30)
I've always thought of them as "stained glass windows", ever since some eagle-eyed person had noticed they were the same design as in the Cathedral in Palma, Majorca (someone had better check this before it becomes a fact, my memory ain't what it once was!;)

I tend to agree with Andreas on fore and aft for the internal spaceship directions, and use N-E-S-W for land-based worlds such as Dino-world and Crater world.

To me, they look like Native American "dream catchers."
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2008, 18:21

Quote (3Wheeler @ Feb. 16 2008, 23:34)
Could someone do a section on DINO WORLD

Here we go.

When you first enter dino world turn around and fly forward until you see a big mountain range fly into the valley and keep going until you see a little forest the gate way will be on your left.

After you have release the acrobat fly forward a few feet from the portholes and turn and fly right until you see a flat top mountain release the second acrobats

After that fly forward again from the portholes to where you first arrive at dino world (by the tube sticking out from the ground) fly around the big mountain until you see some small red flyings paper darts the gateway will be around there and release the acrobats.

finally fly to bird and get your medal.

(sorry i try to upload some images for you but i must have done something wrong as i failed :( )

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2008, 05:09

I haven't started a thread for the Terrain section yet Gary, but it doesn't matter - if people put stuff here in this thread, as you've done here, I can transfer it to the appropriate place when everything is ready for it. In particular, there's going to be a lot to say about a big place like Terrain, so I think we'll all be adding bits for some time.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 16:26

Apologies in advance to anyone who posts pictures in the Maestro gallery during the next couple of days, as I won't be able to deal with them until Friday.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 05:28

Addition to ThinMan's description of Terrain:
There is actually another way out besides the tube and the pterodactyl medal:
In the labyrinth (probably after picking up the medal), your default chip to throw has turned into an apple. Notice another, 'fleshy' pterodactyl flying around, occasionally diving into the labyrinth. If you manage to throw an apple at it, it will take you back to the outside of the Voyager, along with a small copy of the labyrinth floating around. Enter the Voyager through the top ball as usual.
Profile PM WEB 
91 replies since Feb. 05 2008, 03:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net