Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Disposable Temporary Discussion Thread, WARNING! SPOILER ALERT!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MVR Superstar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 05 2008, 12:07

p.s the carpet under the statues right hand is purple, the one under the left is red. If you want me to take pictures i'd be quite happy to, if you could explain to me how. ( i'm new y'see)

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 09:18

Quote (MVR Superstar @ Nov. 05 2008, 17:07)
If you want me to take pictures i'd be quite happy to, if you could explain to me how. ( i'm new y'see)

To date, most of us have used a little program called 'Grabclipsave'. Once you've installed it, you run it before starting an MVR game, and then press the PrintScrn key whenever you want to take a picture. Unfortunately the original author of this bit of freeware seems to have disappeared from the web, and so the obvious link for the download no longer works.

Try googling grabclipsave. But if you have no luck, let me know and I'll try emailing a copy of the GCS setup file to you.

I'm sure there are other bits of freeware out there that do the same job, but I know nothing about them.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 17:59

I managed to lose my copy of grabclipsave on my last PC upgrade, and it took a while navigating siome of Googles suggestions. a lot of the links seem a bit dodgy and full of addvertising or worse.

this link seems clean though. look about a third of the way down the page to find grabclipsave download link

works really well, and ideal to capture all those fantasdtic MVR moments  :D

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2008, 07:02

well i did the prtscn button but before i asked, then pasted it into Microsoft paint. thats simple enough, is there a way I can just post that. It looks to me like grab clip save just saves the picture you take to a folder so you can take another rapidly.

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2008, 08:39

To post a picture here it would need to be on a web site some where, then click on the "image" button and insert the web address. Or, to upload a picture that's on your computer you need to post in one of the picture threads like this one here

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Nov. 11 2008, 04:05

I cant get this to work. I go to the avatar gallery. I click on "add reply" then go to the file attachment text box and click browse. I then choose my picture, it then stops for a whie on that page after i click "add reply" and then it takes me back to the forum selection page, not having posted my post. Is ther a restriction on what i'm alowed to post? Is my image to big? Does the file type have to be a .jpg or can it be a .bmp? HELP!

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2008, 12:39

Your picture may be too large. I forget what the limit is, but I think it's about 100K and you may be just over that with a full screen image. Definitely don't upload a bitmap - that's bound to be too big. A jpg is what you want.I always reduce GCS images to about 60% before uploading them, because the slightly smaller size seems to look better on the forum page.

If you still have trouble, email your pics to me and I'll post them, with a credit to you.
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2008, 14:24

Whayhey! I changed my filetype to .jpg and posted and it said it had to be previewed by a mod! That sounds good to me. It's different from last time anyway.

--------------
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2008, 15:25

Has anyone noticed that the pool and the mask in the middle of the maze in terrain are both from the temple in Tr3s Lunas. I've got pictures (I can post then now =P) but i dont know which photo gallery to post them in. Any help? or you could just take my word for it. If there isnt already one, I think there should be a picture thread for all other things like this, a one to cover all the uncovered photos taken.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 17:37

Quote (MVR Superstar @ Nov. 12 2008, 19:24)
Whayhey! I changed my filetype to .jpg and posted and it said it had to be previewed by a mod! That sounds good to me. It's different from last time anyway.

Congrats - you did it!

I've made a link to your picture in the avatars thread, here - so you can now click on 'flying carpets' and see your pic.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 17:42

Quote (MVR Superstar @ Nov. 12 2008, 20:25)
If there isnt already one, I think there should be a picture thread for all other things like this, a one to cover all the uncovered photos taken.

I've just done that - i.e. created a new thread for oddments like this, here. So feel free to upload your picture(s) there.

Once they're up, we can see about putting a link to them from somewhere sensible (within the Terrain thread, I guess?).
Profile PM 
14al Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2011, 15:55

Talks about getting outside the tr3l bounderies, reminded me of the one (or at least one of the very view) occasions you can get out of the meastro bounderies. I tried to find it back in the maestro guide, but couldn't find it. So just want to check (maybe it's some place I overlooked it.

In the bell game, somewhere in the caves, there is a coulered wall where you can get out. If you explore a little you will find some left overs from tr3l, which was quit stunning. The shark for shure, the rest I cannot remember. If it's not in the guide it should defenitely be added. Maybe it needs a revisit.
Profile PM 
91 replies since Feb. 05 2008, 03:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net