Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Disposable Temporary Discussion Thread.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 08 2006, 15:10

Your wish is our command. I've set up a thread called 'Unsolved Mysteries'.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 09 2006, 06:43

Quote (Alan D @ May 02 2006, 22:49)
I have a feeling I've missed something in my description of the bat cave...

Alan, I don't think you've missed anything - it's just the bad bat, the yellow sprite and the rebirth ring.
Just a copy-paste bug: ants world and swords game of course can't be BOTH through the central airship ringhead.
And, for the sake of completeness, the ringheads thread is of course still missing 'Tai Chi Island' and the 'Space Arrow'.

More featuers:
- the 'Sprite Ballet' :
Touching the moon in the tree near the origin will take you to the 'sprite ballet' - 20-odd sprites dancing around between Stonehenge and the origin. You have a score chart in the upper left corner - touch each of the sprites to make it bump away. Having bumped away all of them will reward you with a spectacular trip into space.

- the 'Moon Sprites':
Touching the black moon face on the crater wall will take you to the moon (well, or something similar...). Hit the pink sprite to start the punching 'moonscape' beat and reveal a ring of star balls. Touching a star ball will start one of three (or was it four?) short themes on top of the beat. Shooting a star ball will make it disappear; get rid of all balls to return to the origin. Hint: try to touch and shoot for a cute echo effect..

- Indian Canyon:
From the airship, follow the red rocks across the ocean to the not-so-distant island, where you find a sparkling obelisk. Touch the obelisk to get to the start of the indian canyon.
At the start, there is a praying mantis sitting on a picknic table, and you can fly down a shaft leading to the river - both with no apparent real purpose.
Follow the canyon to reach the indian village, near to a lake with a fountain in the middle, where you can meet 'Hiawatha'. Caution: don't try to throw anything at her, or you will meet the dragons in Bad World (well, you have been warned now...).
You can meet three coloured paperplanes, which will play a little tune each when you get close.
On top of the hill to the left (marked by a vertical beam of smoke puffs) sits a ring inside a stone circle - take it to the fountain in the lake for another trip through Rebirth Tunnel.
If you stay too long, night will fall and take you back to the origin.
There's another ring inside one of the tents of the indian village - this one is bad and will set the spaceship hunting you if you take it (with 'danger' alarm and all that) and give you the exploding volcano and burning cactus if you don't get rid of it in time (AFAIR the fountain is also good for disposing the bad ring).
If you follow the canyon beyond the village, up to it's end, you find, hidden behind a waterfall, a tunnel that leads to the dolphins.

... and more to follow ...
Profile PM WEB 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 09 2006, 06:44

Quote (maria @ May 08 2006, 14:07)
trinidad, i assume u have tried to upload the image with your post in the guide's section itself? i think no one can put an image here. however, u can upload it to the gallery (i think it would fit in the unofficial worlds thread) and then, make a link from the post to the image in the gallery.

in the gallery, click to reply the thread and u will see a small window below labelled 'file attachments' where u can browse for the file u want to upload (always taking care it's not bigger than the size allowed: 102400 bytes) and post it.

Uups! No, I tried to add it in the gallery, in the "Horses' World" thread, but, stupidly, I tried to find the button in the upper part :O , of course without luck. I really have a very bad memory :/ . I'll try again right now.
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 09 2006, 06:53

Do I have to wait for somebody to check the image?

Oh, and Andreas, don't add here the descriptions, create new threads, or add them to the right ones. ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 09 2006, 08:51

Quote (a_r_schulz @ May 09 2006, 11:43)
Quote (Alan D @ May 02 2006, 22:49)
I have a feeling I've missed something in my description of the bat cave...

Alan, I don't think you've missed anything - it's just the bad bat, the yellow sprite and the rebirth ring.

Excellent. Thanks - and to others' reassurances earlier.
Just a copy-paste bug: ants world and swords game of course can't be BOTH through the central airship ringhead.

Fixed. Thanks for spotting it.
And, for the sake of completeness, the ringheads thread is of course still missing 'Tai Chi Island' and the 'Space Arrow'.

Yes, I haven't forgotten them. I thought María ought to do the firebeings ringhead (she has a special relationship with the firebeings...) but she's having computer troubles at the moment. I'll add space arrow soon.

More featuers:
- the 'Sprite Ballet' :
Touching the moon in the tree near the origin will take you to the 'sprite ballet' - 20-odd sprites dancing around between Stonehenge and the origin. You have a score chart in the upper left corner - touch each of the sprites to make it bump away. Having bumped away all of them will reward you with a spectacular trip into space.

- the 'Moon Sprites':
Touching the black moon face on the crater wall will take you to the moon (well, or something similar...). Hit the pink sprite to start the punching 'moonscape' beat and reveal a ring of star balls. Touching a star ball will start one of three (or was it four?) short themes on top of the beat. Shooting a star ball will make it disappear; get rid of all balls to return to the origin. Hint: try to touch and shoot for a cute echo effect..

- Indian Canyon:
From the airship, follow the red rocks across the ocean to the not-so-distant island, where you find a sparkling obelisk. Touch the obelisk to get to the start of the indian canyon.
At the start, there is a praying mantis sitting on a picknic table, and you can fly down a shaft leading to the river - both with no apparent real purpose.
Follow the canyon to reach the indian village, near to a lake with a fountain in the middle, where you can meet 'Hiawatha'. Caution: don't try to throw anything at her, or you will meet the dragons in Bad World (well, you have been warned now...).
You can meet three coloured paperplanes, which will play a little tune each when you get close.
On top of the hill to the left (marked by a vertical beam of smoke puffs) sits a ring inside a stone circle - take it to the fountain in the lake for another trip through Rebirth Tunnel.
If you stay too long, night will fall and take you back to the origin.
There's another ring inside one of the tents of the indian village - this one is bad and will set the spaceship hunting you if you take it (with 'danger' alarm and all that) and give you the exploding volcano and burning cactus if you don't get rid of it in time (AFAIR the fountain is also good for disposing the bad ring).
If you follow the canyon beyond the village, up to it's end, you find, hidden behind a waterfall, a tunnel that leads to the dolphins.

... and more to follow ...

Excellent - but can you break these into sections and add them to the separate threads as separate posts? The canyon should go in the 'portals' thread. The sprites and moon episodes could go either in the portals thread also, or in the games thread. (Whichever thread you choose, we can put a post in the other thread with a link, so all avenues would be covered.)

I'd be happy to do this myself for you - but then they would appear as my posts rather than yours (I would credit them to you, of course.) Just let me know  if you want me to do it.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 09 2006, 08:58

Quote (Trinidad @ May 09 2006, 11:53)
Do I have to wait for somebody to check the image?

Yes, but actually there are no images waiting to be approved in the gallery at the moment; so I don't know what you did, Trinidad.

Just 'add reply'; then write the post; then click the browse button and search for your image. Then click the upload button, and that's it. The post won't appear until it's approved, but you can keep on uploading them, as many as you want.
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 10 2006, 06:38

I would say I did it correctly last time... Well, anyway seems this time it's ok.

And, before I forget, about the bat cave, there's one more thing. Once, when I arrived there, I tried to run backwards and were able to go outside (like with the volcano). I'll try again, to see if it's easily repeatable.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 10 2006, 06:44

Quote (Trinidad @ May 10 2006, 11:38)
Well, anyway seems this time it's ok.

Yes, this time it's worked.
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 10 2006, 06:48

Yes, but it's not shown like the others.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 10 2006, 12:16

Quote (Trinidad @ May 10 2006, 11:48)
Yes, but it's not shown like the others.

The same thing happens to pictures that María and I have posted - the picture is available to be clicked on, but the thumbnail doesn't show until about a day later. I don't understand why this is - but your thumbnail view will appear soon, probably tomorrow.
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 12 2006, 08:05

Just a very little correction, Alan. In the coloured stones part in "Little extras in the game", you say three rings are marked, but it's just the crab one. ;)
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 12 2006, 09:45

Alan,  since you seem to have your special ideas about how to organize these threads (and the time to do it..) - feel free to put my comments wherever you think they are appropriate.
[Done]
For the space skater - I think no one mentioned yet the small portal on top of the blue planet with the large ice cap, which needs some skill to hit with the snowballs, and will take you to rebirth tunnel.
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 12 2006, 10:11

Quote (Trinidad @ May 12 2006, 13:05)
Just a very little correction, Alan. In the coloured stones part in "Little extras in the game", you say three rings are marked, but it's just the crab one. ;)

Thanks Trinidad. How memory plays tricks, eh?
[Now fixed.]
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 12 2006, 10:30

Quote (a_r_schulz @ May 12 2006, 14:45)
feel free to put my comments wherever you think they are appropriate.

OK Andreas - done that.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 14 2006, 03:39

If you read something in the Guide and want to ask a question about it, or make a suggestion, could you please put your question here in this thread and not in the Guide threads themselves?
Thanks.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 14 2006, 03:45

UGO'S QUESTION
[Ugo asked this, but I've moved the content of his post to this thread to keep the other thread clear.]

The Firebeings

@ María: first of all, sorry sorry for going a little off-topic here. The name "firebeings" sounds to me a little bit forced to define those creatures. I mean, we could call them simply "firebirds", because that's just what they are - birds made of fire. :) Or maybe does the term "firebirds" conjure up unwanted images, or other things not directly related to Mike and his music? :)

@ Alan: please excuse me, you as well, for putting this here and not in another topic. Speaking from the point of view of a not-so-experienced MVR player... unlike all the posters here... :) the only 'unofficial' world that I ever managed to get into was precisely the firebeings' [or firebirds'] world. It seems I just can't manage to run away fast enough from the other objects (including the owl) in order not to be dragged away by them. :) I tried the horses, but it didn't work. Can you please explain me what do you mean by "Set your speed to 3" (at the beginning of some instructions of yours to get into unofficial worlds) ? Is there a setting in the Options menu that I should change or work on? I've got version 1.3 of MVR, and I found nothing of the sort... ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 14 2006, 03:54

Quote (Alan D @ May 14 2006, 08:45)
Can you please explain me what do you mean by "Set your speed to 3" (at the beginning of some instructions of yours to get into unofficial worlds) ? Is there a setting in the Options menu that I should change or work on? I've got version 1.3 of MVR, and I found nothing of the sort... ;)

Thanks for raising this - we need to put an entry about it in FAQ. [later: I've done this now]

There are three speed settings: 1, 2, and 3. And all you do is press the 1, 2, or 3 keys at any time during the game. You can change the speed at any time (sometimes it's more convenient to move slowly). Just try it - press the 3 key and you'll move a lot faster.

I'm sure this is why you've not been able to get into the unofficial worlds; you simply can't move fast enough if the speed isn't set to 3.

Try the swords game first - that's the easiest one to do. Snowy is quite hard and needs practice, because you actually have to hide.

(About the firebeings - I think one of them must have told María a long time ago that he was a 'firebeing': un ser de fuego.)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 14 2006, 15:07

Can anyone remember exactly what has to happen for you to be able to carry rings from the temple table into the wishing well? I was trying this recently and couldn't pick any rings up. What had I overlooked? Please?
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 15 2006, 06:13

Don't have the game here, but if I remember correctly, you need at least two rings to do it. I think it won't work if you just have one. Maybe that was your problem?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 15 2006, 09:12

Quote (Trinidad @ May 15 2006, 11:13)
if I remember correctly, you need at least two rings to do it. I think it won't work if you just have one.

I can't remember how many I had! But thanks - that does seem a likely answer. I'll try it again. [Later: actually it seems you need to have at least THREE rings]

Trinidad - do you still have that excellent picture of yours showing where the bubbles are? If you could upload a small version of it to the gallery (in the 'Little Extras' thread), we could put a link to the image in Olrac's post.
Profile PM 
102 replies since April 30 2006, 09:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net