Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Discussion Thread, Please comment on the images in here< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 07 2006, 20:47

We'd like to keep the threads for the Tr3sLunas Guide and the Tr3sLunas Guide Gallery as structured as we can make them, otherwise the whole thing will become a tangle - so could we please ask you to help us? If you want to comment on any of the images, could you please make your comments in this discussion thread, and not in the image threads themselves. Thanks very much.

(For more details about what we're trying to do, please see here.)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 11 2006, 04:56

My apologies about the delay in responding to new images posted here. When I log on, I have to remember to check the moderator's panel - otherwise there's no indication that new images have been posted; and if I forget to do that, I remain ignorant of them.

However, I think I've now found out how to have a PM sent to me when there's a picture waiting in the queue, and I've activated that. So I hope this side of things will improve!
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: June 13 2006, 11:42

No need to worry so much, you're doing a great job. :)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2006, 16:52

Just to explain to anyone who might wonder what the heck is going on.... we've been developing a Tr3s Lunas Map during the last few weeks, and have posted various versions at various times. We now have a final definitive version, which I've just posted in a new thread of its own.

What happens next is:
1. I have to work steadily through all the posts in the Tr3s Lunas Guide, replacing all the existing links to the old (much inferior) map with new links to this new map.
2. When all that is done, I'll tidy everything up by deleting the old map, and deleting the 'developmental' topics and posts we've been using, so as to unclutter the whole thing.

While I'm doing all this, things might look a bit messy, with several different versions of the map kicking around, but it will all be ok in the end.

I hope.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2006, 20:13

Glad to see the sterling work you are putting in Alan. There is still a slow trickle of new players discovering MVR and it's beauty, and they will find this much help.

It may be too late to add anything, but I just remembered there is no mention of the praying mantis island in the middle of the lake.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2006, 05:24

Quote (olracUK @ Aug. 20 2006, 01:13)
It may be too late to add anything, but I just remembered there is no mention of the praying mantis island in the middle of the lake.

Yes, it's too late to modify the map now Andy, as I've already replaced most of the old links.

The problem is that, as far as I know, I'm unable to upload a new map to the same address as the old one. To make any change to the map, a new one needs to be edited and uploaded again - but all the existing links in the guide would then be wrong, because the modified map will be at a new address. So I'd like to regard this version as final, really, as it takes ages to go through everything remaking the links.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2006, 18:15

You would think computers were made for that kind of "find and replace" stuff. I really appreciate all the work (and time) you are putting in Alan, and for a relatively small audience.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2006, 04:26

Quote (olracUK @ Aug. 20 2006, 23:15)
You would think computers were made for that kind of "find and replace" stuff. I really appreciate all the work (and time) you are putting in Alan, and for a relatively small audience.

Well, of course this is not the 'usual' kind of problem you'd expect to encounter as a moderator of a message board. We're using a message board format to do something that it was never intended for, and so we're bound to encounter the odd limitation of this sort.

Small audience? Nah. Small numbers, maybe, but big people.
Profile PM 
7 replies since May 07 2006, 20:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net